CyanLights 15,576 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 11 minutes ago, Arcadia said: No one mentioned communism, is that the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions China? you deadass right now China is under a communist rule you said "we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0." You were saying how we have to "still wear masks" in the negatory sense in regards to MANDATED mask requirement, thus implying that there is an overburden and overstep by the state and federal governments requiring us to wear masks. What were implying then? Why compare mask mandates to China? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arcadia 1,366 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 18 minutes ago, CyanLights said: China is under a communist rule you said "we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0." You were saying how we have to "still wear masks" in the negatory sense in regards to MANDATED mask requirement, thus implying that there is an overburden and overstep by the state and federal governments requiring us to wear masks. What were implying then? Why compare mask mandates to China? I didn’t compare masks mandates to China, I compared having everyone wearing a mask to China, since most of them wear masks regardless of COVID. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Damon 10,933 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 i mean i get it about the masks, i even find myself sometimes so tired of using it (mostly since my country's weather is quite hot) and even forget to wear one without realizing buut the vaccine on the other side, that should be mandatory but hey thats just my opinion ... and now i just sit in silence. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CyanLights 15,576 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 3 minutes ago, Arcadia said: I didn’t compare masks mandates to China, I compared having everyone wearing a mask to China, since most of them wear masks regardless of COVID. Okay thats a valid comparison. However I dont understand why you presented it with a negative connotation? You said "...we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0." In China, it is not required more of a socially commonality. Your comment was happy that the mandate is being dropped (which is fine, its your opinion) but it was subsequently followed by the China comparison which makes it seem that your comment was directly related to the mask mandate If thats not what your intention was then I apologize for reading into it too much. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ceminay 1,122 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Good, but it's all political. Masks should have never been mandated after vaccines were available, one way masking (well fitted N95, KN95, double masks) for individual protection in vulnerable populations should have been encouraged. If the midterms were a year earlier I'm sure this would have happened last summer, all politics. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arcadia 1,366 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 10 minutes ago, CyanLights said: Okay thats a valid comparison. However I dont understand why you presented it with a negative connotation? You said "...we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0." In China, it is not required more of a socially commonality. Your comment was happy that the mandate is being dropped (which is fine, its your opinion) but it was subsequently followed by the China comparison which makes it seem that your comment was directly related to the mask mandate If thats not what your intention was then I apologize for reading into it too much. I didn’t use the right words when writing the paragraph, so it was my bad, however I respect you for the discussing it with me. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CyanLights 15,576 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Just now, Arcadia said: I didn’t use the right words when writing the paragraph, so it was my bad, however I respect you for the discussing it with me. No worries it happens, that’s why I asked initially I appreciate you keeping it respectful Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JohnnyVersace 9,312 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 13 hours ago, HIM820 said: Okay but can it be normalized in America that you should mask if you’re feeling under the weather or have a cold??? I was in the grocery store and people were coughing and sneezing all around me. I think it's clear that you just have to protect yourself at this point. Get your shots and wear your mask if you're uncomfortable. It's about living with it now, not avoiding. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 I personally am still going to wear a mask in crowded areas Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chromatography 10,186 Posted February 11, 2022 Share Posted February 11, 2022 19 hours ago, Arcadia said: Finally. Not two years, two vaccinations and a booster deep into this and we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0. The people that have the nerve to still be upset about the mandate being dropped can wear their masks until 2043 if they want, no one is going to stop you. thanks, i will! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted February 11, 2022 Share Posted February 11, 2022 Idiotic. We should wait until cases are consistently down. The US always acting early when it comes to taking away restrictions but not to implement them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.