Chic 20,830 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 I have no clue how I haven’t gotten the virus yet tbh, I live in New York. I was sick for the first time since 2019 (and that was a stomach virus) for the past two weeks but I dunno what this recent one was. I tested negative for COVID and so did my husband, who had the same illness as me. We’re back to normal now, but maybe I really do have a kickass immune response to COVID, plus my vaccinations and booster Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NCgaga 4,345 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 People should get the vaccines and make good decisions. We shouldn’t have to wear masks forever. Cases are plummeting in the states. As time goes on, the virus will become endemic. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Siena 6,435 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 California is doing the same of the 15th. At this point we have done everything we can, and everyone who wants to get vaccinated has. So many people got Omicron, vaccinated and not, hopefully we are one step closer to heard immunity. As I've been saying, the pandemic ends when we decide to embrace it will never fully go away. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bootlicker 61 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Just as a note, this doesn’t effect counties and cities that have their own mandates and that it’s up to each individual county and city to follow. New York City will still be requiring vaccination cards/masks until further notice. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ssslyboy 3,273 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 It's an election year. Of COURSE states are gonna drop the mandates. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 I wear a mask to cover my ugly face but I dont really feel like it helps otherwise cuz there's so much contamination outside the mask I mean everyone hands and the fact that everyone puts them on and off in restaurants is just a jokeeeeeeeeeeeee a literally joke Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AsleepOnTheCeiling 7,049 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 2 hours ago, HIM820 said: Okay but can it be normalized in America that you should mask if you’re feeling under the weather or have a cold??? I was in the grocery store and people were coughing and sneezing all around me. Felt this because I'm currently in Germany and saw a man and woman stop in the pedestrian zone of a city to talk to one another. Guy wasn't wearing a mask and told her he wasn't feeling well. I don't even think she responded she just walked away 😂 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karl 3,586 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Love to see it. This is why we have all mostly had the vaccine, it's finally coming to an end thanks to the hard work of medical professionals and scientists. In the UK it's been announced we won't have to isolate if we have covid from end of March too, I think it's become endemic at this point. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
djparky 269 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Various countries in Europe are doing the same thing as well.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ItWasntLaauv 6,392 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 I mean work tbh. Good for NY. Now get Charli back on SNL. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
jeremiahsaint1000 487 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 i think its time to atleast remove vaccine mandate, but everyone should atleast wear a mask. i mean for fck sake, this virus is so deadly, and people are acting like its not a big deal. it took me almost 3 weeks to fully recover and i have had family members go to the hospital because they could not breathe. humans have proven to be very selfish, if its not this virus that kills us, global warming will and just like the virus were so divided that we cannot find a way to keep it under control. just like that movie "dont look up", humans will find a way to deny the reality of the situation. were dealing with a virus that could potentially kill millions or even billions - who knows what the new variants will be like and how contagious or strong they are. this isnt over and people wanna value their freedom over saving lives, then maybe the human race deserves whatever is coming to them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CyanLights 15,576 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 11 hours ago, Arcadia said: Finally. Not two years, two vaccinations and a booster deep into this and we still have to wear masks everywhere we go like it’s China 2.0. The people that have the nerve to still be upset about the mandate being dropped can wear their masks until 2043 if they want, no one is going to stop you. So you're comparing a mask mandate to.. communism? you deadass right now? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chlorine 47,976 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 I’m keeping my mask on until at least spring idk. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,653 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 Same thing here - we have highest level of hospitalizations but they decided last Monday to stop reporting numbers and drop all mandates/passports/masks starting next week Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arcadia 1,366 Posted February 10, 2022 Share Posted February 10, 2022 32 minutes ago, CyanLights said: So you're comparing a mask mandate to.. communism? you deadass right now? No one mentioned communism, is that the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions China? you deadass right now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.