Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga Nominated BEST ACTRESS SAG AWARDS

Patriziaa Reggiani

Featured Posts

enissa11
42 minutes ago, PutiKumi said:

Thanks god, someone who got what I wanted to say

you literally said that asib was like watching a biopic of lady gaga lol, if you watch asib thinking that, you get it all wrong about gaga, and that's why so many people even today misunderstand the type of artist she is

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny
10 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

ally wasn't just a more passive person, they have different philosophies about music, different life stories, different friends, gaga didn't just played in drag bars, she played in shitty venues like the CBGB a place in which a lot of famous punk, post punk and indie rock bands played, the bitter end, literally dive bars, she started playing all the gay clubs once she started making pop music. She didn't sparked off her father a bit, he literally cut her off watching her go-go dancing practically nude, etc etc, you name it, they're opposites 

They’re not saying it’s a biopic :triggered:

Chlorine Sevigny
5 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

you literally said that asib was like watching a biopic of lady gaga lol, if you watch asib thinking that, you got it all wrong about gaga, and that's why so many people even today misunderstand the type of artist she is

Oh :triggered:

pedrohemg
22 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

Because she is taking the Oscars!

She was never going to win the Oscars. She was the frontrunner only in the twitter bubble that includes critics. Spencer has no industry support. The movie missed Best Film and even Best Cinematography at the BAFTAS. That's pretty bad. Now, without a SAG nom, her chances are basically non-existent. 

8 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

ally wasn't just a more passive person, they have different philosophies about music, different life stories, different friends, gaga didn't just played in drag bars, she played in shitty venues like the CBGB a place in which a lot of famous punk, post punk and indie rock bands played, the bitter end, literally dive bars, she started playing all the gay clubs once she started making pop music. She didn't sparked off her father a bit, he literally cut her off watching her go-go dancing practically nude, etc etc, you name it, they're opposites 

I described Ally as passive just to paraphrase, but Ally was an aspiring young singer who performed in a drag bar and eventually made it big, and the opposite of that would not be Gaga, it would be someone who wasn"t an aspiring singer, who didn't perform in a drag bar and who didn't make it big.

This is irrelevant to this discussion, but I do look at her father in ASIB and wonder if there are any nods to Joe there, maybe even just out of mischief. Ally's dad was bitter about Sinatra (even though the timing would be wrong for Sinatra) and seemingly thought he could have made it himself. I wonder was that a little gentle shade being thrown at Joe.

enissa11
13 minutes ago, MOT said:

I described Ally as passive just to paraphrase, but Ally was an aspiring young singer who performed in a drag bar and eventually made it big, and the opposite of that would not be Gaga, it would be someone who wasn"t an aspiring singer, who didn't perform in a drag bar and who didn't make it big.

This is irrelevant to this discussion, but I do look at her father in ASIB and wonder if there are any nods to Joe there, maybe even just out of mischief. Ally's dad was bitter about Sinatra (even though the timing would be wrong for Sinatra) and seemingly thought he could have made it himself. I wonder was that a little gentle shade being thrown at Joe.

of course, that depends of how you see opposites, gaga didn't just performed in a drag bar, she performed in these underground punk venues, and that's the opposite of a drag bar, in fact, she started playing in more gay bars once she shifted from glam rock ballads to pop music, gaga literally played in almost every venue in the lower east NY in search of opportunities and to gain fans, that's also the opposite of ally who was stagnant and was lucky to catch a one in a million opportunity 

Mad Architect of Light

Oh... I'm so happy, this could be one step forward regarding a possible nomination :party:(my selfish self just want to see at Oscars night night again, just that. I want an Oscars red carpet and just be excited to see her there, who she brings with her, who she will talk to, the pictures, the hundreds of pictures to see!!!!) 

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Frank Potion said:

Not the fresh tomato dress :deadbanana:

Just need some bocconcini and fresh basil for our Italian queen!

giphy.gif

I see Jared also got his SAG nomination. So Clayton Davis was wrong about BOTH Gaga and Jared ? Maybe, but personally I doubt it. I think he was just reminding people to vote for them.

memomemome

the next question will be if House of Gucci get in Best Picture Nominee given that recent years the one that pulled a win is the one who got best picture nominee...

zakariah

in hindsight kristen's snub isn't all too surprising, the SAG awards are sometimes about the industry connections one has (or doesn't), and I would think bella swan wouldn't have too many peers in the industry

Archived