Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 10 minutes ago, SamanthaC said: And stores are sold out of the at home tests. Quick question. Do you guys have to pay for your tests?! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ajmsamuel 1,603 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 Just now, Rj Barker said: Quick question. Do you guys have to pay for your tests?! In México we have to pay for out test. alike... 5 dlls time, the ultimate truth teller Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkmanthaC 115,350 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 Just now, Rj Barker said: Quick question. Do you guys have to pay for your tests?! As of right now we have to pay for the home tests at the pharmacies. If you go to the doctor I don't think you have to pay, but I've had some people tell me they've had to pay. I've had to pay my copay (welcome to America's healthcare), but not for the actual test. Supposedly, Biden is sending home tests to everyone in January but not sure how he's going to do that now that there aren't tests anywhere to be found. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 1 minute ago, SamanthaC said: As of right now we have to pay for the home tests at the pharmacies. If you go to the doctor I don't think you have to pay, but I've had some people tell me they've had to pay. I've had to pay my copay (welcome to America's healthcare), but not for the actual test. Supposedly, Biden is sending home tests to everyone in January but not sure how he's going to do that now that there aren't tests anywhere to be found. I am gobsmacked, I knew Americas healthcare is trash but not for a second did I think you would have to pay for home tests in a pandemic. That's pretty disgusting. The NHS here has its faults but I'm so thankful for it. We can just grab tests anywhere, pharmacies. Drugstores, your GP, they just hand you a load, or get them delivered free Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,175 Posted December 30, 2021 Author Share Posted December 30, 2021 7 minutes ago, Rj Barker said: Quick question. Do you guys have to pay for your tests?! Depends on which kind you get and where you go. At home tests here are expensive But you can also hit up most pharmacies or hospitals for free tests. 1 minute ago, Rj Barker said: I am gobsmacked, I knew Americas healthcare is trash but not for a second did I think you would have to pay for home tests in a pandemic. That's pretty disgusting. The NHS here has its faults but I'm so thankful for it. We can just grab tests anywhere, pharmacies. Drugstores, your GP, they just hand you a load, or get them delivered free American healthcare is an oxymoron Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkmanthaC 115,350 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 2 minutes ago, Rj Barker said: I am gobsmacked, I knew Americas healthcare is trash but not for a second did I think you would have to pay for home tests in a pandemic. That's pretty disgusting. The NHS here has its faults but I'm so thankful for it. We can just grab tests anywhere, pharmacies. Drugstores, your GP, they just hand you a load, or get them delivered free Yeah and if you go to buy them, you are limited in most stores now. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
sarahb 17,263 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 2 minutes ago, Rj Barker said: I am gobsmacked, I knew Americas healthcare is trash but not for a second did I think you would have to pay for home tests in a pandemic. That's pretty disgusting. The NHS here has its faults but I'm so thankful for it. We can just grab tests anywhere, pharmacies. Drugstores, your GP, they just hand you a load, or get them delivered free I mean we also need to pay for home tests in Australia too. Do you feel him sir? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 Just now, PartySick said: Depends on which kind you get and where you go. At home tests here are expensive But you can also hit up most pharmacies or hospitals for free tests. American healthcare is an oxymoron Well I have drawer full of them probably about 100 tests in my office. Got a PO box you want them sent too? Save you some money Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,175 Posted December 30, 2021 Author Share Posted December 30, 2021 Just now, Rj Barker said: Well I have drawer full of them probably about 100 tests in my office. Got a PO box you want them sent too? Save you some money Send @Rat Boy some Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 Just now, sarahb said: I mean we also need to pay for home tests in Australia too. Stop it. I'm actually dumbfounded. Shocking. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
alsemanche 97,855 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 8 minutes ago, Rj Barker said: Stop it. I'm actually dumbfounded. Shocking. Lemme make it worse: we don't even have widespread home tests in Lebanon Lateral flow/rapid tests are becoming somewhat available in pharmacies but they're not really being used. We have to pay for our PCRs (and labs/hospitals are making a business out of this lmao) for which we have to queue and wait for our turn. I had to get tested with my brother and my mother today because my father and sister are positive and we legit waited 50 minutes to get tested then like 8 or 9 hours for our results to be sent to us. I was actually very surprised when I learned that in other countries people can just get tested at home/for free Also: there qre some cases where you can get tested for free (like my father did his test for free because his insurance allows it when youre in contact with a covid-positive person) but in most of these cases (like my mom's) you only get your money back if you test positive Soft, soothing, and succulent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stupid Oreo 14,669 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 The government in The Netherlands putting us in full lockdown because of Omiflop: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 3 minutes ago, alsemanche said: Lemme make it worse: we don't even have widespread home tests in Lebanon Lateral flow/rapid tests are becoming somewhat available in pharmacies but they're not really being used. We have to pay for our PCRs (and labs/hospitals are making a business out of this lmao) for which we have to queue and wait for our turn. I had to get tested with my brother and my mother today because my father and sister are positive and we legit waited 50 minutes to get tested then like 8 or 9 hours for our results to be sent to us. I was actually very surprised when I learned that in other countries people can just get tested at home/for free This just makes me angry more than anything. Charging your population to be responsible and ensure the safety of everyone around them. I feel slightly naive thinking it would be more or less free everywhere. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 11 minutes ago, alsemanche said: Also: there qre some cases where you can get tested for free (like my father did his test for free because his insurance allows it when youre in contact with a covid-positive person) but in most of these cases (like my mom's) you only get your money back if you test positive You only get your money back if you test positive?!?! What the hell is that about. Sounds like one of those injury claim adverts, no win no fee. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
holy scheisse 23,088 Posted December 30, 2021 Share Posted December 30, 2021 I have the omicron right now at least I’m assuming it’s the omicron Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.