• Last Reply
Sepsami
4 hours ago, COOOK said:

She says "gif" instead of "gif"? I-

kesha-bye.gif

I KNEW she was on the right side of the gif-fence :ally:

Chlorine Sevigny
1 hour ago, Christopher Rolas said:

“It's pronounced JIF, not GIF.” said the creator of the format. 

“The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Wilhite told The New York Times. “They are wrong. It is a soft 'G,' pronounced 'jif.

The creators of the format pronounced the word as "jif" with a soft "G" /dʒɪf/ as in "gym". Steve Wilhite says that the intended pronunciation deliberately echoes the American peanut butter brand Jif, and CompuServe employees would often say "Choosy developers choose GIF", spoofing this brand's television commercials.[11]

It’s a hard G and I don’t care about what the creator who wanted it to sound like Jif says. 

NichuuB
8 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

The creators of the format pronounced the word as "jif" with a soft "G" /dʒɪf/ as in "gym". Steve Wilhite says that the intended pronunciation deliberately echoes the American peanut butter brand Jif, and CompuServe employees would often say "Choosy developers choose GIF", spoofing this brand's television commercials.[11]

It’s a hard G and I don’t care about what the creator who wanted it to sound like Jif says. 

Exactly, language is ever-changing, and the overall use of the population is the force who dictates where it goes:vegas:

Property of @Whale

Chromatica Island

She needs to react to ggd threads, I would love that! I also love that she acknowledged Alice!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Agunimon
2 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

My friend's name is Geoff and I will NEVER pronounce it as Jeff, like how it is supposed to be pronounced. :vegas:

Love her both sides, the extra side where she brings science and history to the table, and the sassy side where she just can enjoy herself when she's being interviewed. It's just that this second side of her was absent for a looong time.

oheyitso
9 hours ago, codymonster said:

I know, she actually is such a funny person and has a very quick, dry sense of humor, but it makes it so awkward to see her be funny when it looks like she is in pain every time she laughs:messga:

I'm so against fillers, omg. It is so sad to see natural, beautiful emotions be constricted just for the sake of beauty. She is free to do whatever she wants, but as a whole, I'm just so against them..  

I totally agree with this and I’d actually be really curious to know what Gaga’s reasons are for getting them (not that she needs to explain herself on why she does, I just find it interesting). I saw some people say that she’s trying to distance herself from how natural and ‘non-Gaga’ she looks in HOG, perhaps? She goes through cycles of using them a lot, to not at all, so I wonder why that is? This is definitely the most I feel like she’s ever used them though 

(commentary aside, I LOVE this interview) 

Archived