Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

30 । Discussion । ADELE

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, La Rosalia said:

I’m confused because one of them, I think it was I drink wine, was supposed to sound like goldfrapp but I listened to the song and that’s certainly not the case lol, is there any song that fits that description she gave?

Actually, people thought it was I drink wine, cause the title sounded like a party song, but it was never said which song it was. And the actual "dance" songs on the album are pretty much Adele up-tempo songs. No dancefloor banger here. Just pure élégance.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question to those who have already heard it:

would there be something as epic sonically and lyrically and emotionally as Set Fire To The Rain?

eksistents

“So can I get it right now? Let me, let me just come and get it!” …

She really did deliver a Grindr anthem for the gays. :bradley:

greece looks GIF

spicemuncher
13 minutes ago, charlesdc said:

would there be something as epic sonically and lyrically and emotionally as Set Fire To The Rain?

My favorite Adele song. No, there’s nothing like that on 30.

eksistents
12 minutes ago, charlesdc said:

Sonically? No, there are no big anthemic choruses like that. But plenty of emotions.

La Rosalia
50 minutes ago, Miva said:

Actually, people thought it was I drink wine, cause the title sounded like a party song, but it was never said which song it was. And the actual "dance" songs on the album are pretty much Adele up-tempo songs. No dancefloor banger here. Just pure élégance.

Thanks! 

which songs would be those? 

jimmytimestep
6 minutes ago, La Rosalia said:

Thanks! 

which songs would be those? 

Oh My God and Can I Get It

jimmytimestep
38 minutes ago, charlesdc said:

24 minutes ago, eksistents said:

Sonically? No, there are no big anthemic choruses like that. But plenty of emotions.

I don't think that's 100% fair, there are pretty anthemic choruses they're just not as slick as previous albums.

This album's pretty raw (sometimes shockingly so). It's not going to be for everyone.

Joaco95

listening rn, so far nothing sounds really exciting but i do like how chill my little love sounds, im on the third song tho :poot:

Agunimon
8 hours ago, Bat said:

This album is solid, much better than 25 tbh but not as good as 21. 

This is my take on the album as well. I honestly haven't visited 25 much since its released, bar a few songs. I definitely think this is a step up from what 25 had. Still really, really good for me, though. I will for sure revisit it a lot.

I read that she chose between three different songs as the lead, what were her other two choices? 

It's all subjective of course, but, I feel that "Oh My God" should have been the first single with "Can I Get It" as the alt lead. "Easy On Me" was a safety net and I get that, but it was too safe and predictable. 

Joaco95

this album was overhyped lol
is not bad but idk nothing espectacular, its missing some big ballad but I do appreciate the chill and calm sound/mood through the whole album

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, calpky said:

I read that she chose between three different songs as the lead, what were her other two choices? 

It's all subjective of course, but, I feel that "Oh My God" should have been the first single with "Can I Get It" as the alt lead. "Easy On Me" was a safety net and I get that, but it was too safe and predictable. 

"Oh My God" is on New Music Friday playlists on Spotify so it was probably one of these other two choices.
... but now I don't understand why she chose "I Drink Wine" as 2nd single:oprah:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

elijahfan
3 hours ago, La Rosalia said:

I’m confused because one of them, I think it was I drink wine, was supposed to sound like goldfrapp but I listened to the song and that’s certainly not the case lol, is there any song that fits that description she gave?

Was very excited about this one too, but there are no Goldfrapp sounds on the horizon I'm afraid.

Archived