COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
Just now, WheresMy911Alice said:

@bionic @HuffsAhoy

Did y'all miss the part where I said I like all of Madonna's music, a lot of songs on the album, and praised the visuals? :awkney:

Who is attacking you? I'm not the least bit upset by your opinion. I was simply asking you to expand on your comments since I didn't see any controversy during the era. Don't take everything so personally. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Who is attacking you? I'm not the least bit upset by your opinion. I was simply asking you to expand on your comments since I didn't see any controversy during the era. Don't take everything so personally. 

sally kohn gaslight GIF by The Opposite of Hate

bionic
5 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

@bionic @HuffsAhoy

Did y'all miss the part where I said I like all of Madonna's music, a lot of songs on the album, and praised the visuals? :awkney:

I feel like I've accidentally joined an argument I had no idea was going on :laughga: I was just offering my thoughts on the posts directly quoted and giving a bit of info, I wasn't challenging ur post at all. Sorry for not being clearer

buy bionic

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

sally kohn gaslight GIF by The Opposite of Hate

Asking you to provide clarity on your opinion of controversial moments from the era is not gaslighting. Calling you a "crazy sexist Madonna h8ter!!" would be an example of gaslighting. 

DavidLuis198
28 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Well, God Control the song itself and subject matter but also the content of the video involving people literally being shot in a mass murder. 

Her performance of Medellin with Maluma :trollga:

Not to mention the... questionable choices for a lot of her songs on this record, singing in other languages, I've seen many from those countries express their distaste for it and how it was disrespectful as a white woman. I see what she was doing and I actually enjoy those songs, but if I were from those countries I may not feel the same. 

There's a few other things, but even as an avid Madonna fan I feel she's at this point in her career she has nothing left to prove, so why do things just because they are controversial or different? I watched her interviews about how passionately she feels about said foreign language songs. But idk maybe I couldn't buy a lot of it because of the deep autotune. If you're going to go multicultural, ok go ahead, but let us hear your voice Ma.

I cannot speak for people from Portugal or Colombia, but, at least here on Brazil she was praised for singing Portuguese (both the PT and BR versions) and using rhythms like funk and fado on the record, people even put hashtags for a Faz Gostoso music video on the TTs and a Brazilian reporter asked about a video for it on a interview on the biggest channel of the country. So I as far as a saw, people liked it and saw that it was cultural appreciation.

Also Madonna has been catering to Latin countries since the beginning of her career, so I don't think that doing this in this point of her career is looking for controversies.

EDIT

Also, is very obvious that the US has a gun control problem for a long time, showing this truth through art should not be such a sin. I know she's not living in the US now, but I can see how this can be something that scares her since she's a mother, it may be controversial, but it's a necessary conversation.

I don't know how to write in english

HuffsAhoy
6 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

Also, is very obvious that the US has a gun control problem for a long time, showing this truth through art should not be such a sin. I know she's not living in the US now, but I can see how this can be something that scares her since she's a mother, it may be controversial, but it's a necessary conversation.

Yes, the video WAS quite distressing to watch and I can understand why some might feel uncomfortable with its content. However, as she quotes from James Baldwin at the beginning of the Madame X Tour, "artists are here to disturb the peace." 

It was a different and so interesting music direction for her! One of her best and mature albums! 

God Control, I don't search I Find, Crave, Dark Ballet, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoso ... So many amazing songs!!

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

Archived