💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madame X is... unappreciated

COOOK

Featured Posts

Out off all the records we got from her in the 2010s, yes it is her best but still vety weak imo

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M i K E Y

The concept was fantastic but the execution… the autotune ruined the album for me 

nevertheless I love several songs on this album and listen to them regularly (especially I Rise) 

BlingNotTheMusic

I love all of Madonna's music but she started using autotune heavily a few years ago and this album went too far imo. She has a beautiful voice, not really sure why they went this route.

It's takes the life out of the vocals for me. Naturally everyone will have an off note here and there. Only the most perfect singers will not. When you have her earlier records to compare to, or even COADF, her vocals make Madame X hard to listen to.

With that said, we got what we got and there's tons of great songs on the album. I do wish she would try to be more herself and less controversial for controversy-sake. But some points were made, obviously.

Also the visuals were spot on. As a whole package, the era was her best in many many years. Rebel Heart was very inconsistent. Looking forward to what she's bringing next! Just hope she tones down the autotune. 

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I do wish she would try to be more herself and less controversial for controversy-sake

That's literally how she is herself, though. To ask Madonna to be a tame, uncontroversial, figure is asking her not to be her authentic self. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

That's literally how she is herself, though. To ask Madonna to be a tame, uncontroversial, figure is asking her not to be her authentic self. 

Trust me, I know. I've been following her career since I was like 10. I'm just saying lately it comes off try hard. This is my opinion :reductive:

HuffsAhoy
Just now, WheresMy911Alice said:

Trust me, I know. I've been following her career since I was like 10. I'm just saying lately it comes off try hard. This is my opinion :reductive:

How though? I'm having a hard time thinking of any controversy generated in the Madame X era :oprah: 

BlingNotTheMusic
5 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

How though? I'm having a hard time thinking of any controversy generated in the Madame X era :oprah: 

Well, God Control the song itself and subject matter but also the content of the video involving people literally being shot in a mass murder. 

Her performance of Medellin with Maluma :trollga:

Not to mention the... questionable choices for a lot of her songs on this record, singing in other languages, I've seen many from those countries express their distaste for it and how it was disrespectful as a white woman. I see what she was doing and I actually enjoy those songs, but if I were from those countries I may not feel the same. 

There's a few other things, but even as an avid Madonna fan I feel she's at this point in her career she has nothing left to prove, so why do things just because they are controversial or different? I watched her interviews about how passionately she feels about said foreign language songs. But idk maybe I couldn't buy a lot of it because of the deep autotune. If you're going to go multicultural, ok go ahead, but let us hear your voice Ma.

bionic
11 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Aside from the Eurovision performance that wasn't great but was OTT ridiculed, the entire era was pretty low key IMO.

buy bionic

bionic
Just now, WheresMy911Alice said:

Well, God Control the song itself and subject matter but also the content of the video involving people literally being shot in a mass murder. 

Her performance of Medellin with Maluma :trollga:

Not to mention the... questionable choices for a lot of her songs on this record, singing in other languages, I've seen many from those countries express their distaste for it and how it was disrespectful as a white woman. I see what she was doing and I actually enjoy those songs, but if I were from those countries I may not feel the same. 

There's a few other things, but even as an avid Madonna fan I feel she's at this point in her career she has nothing left to prove, so why do things just because they are controversial or different? I watched her interviews about how passionately she feels about said foreign language songs. But idk maybe I couldn't buy a lot of it because of the deep autotune. If you're going to go multicultural, ok go ahead, but let us hear your voice Ma.

The autotune is a stylistic choice at this point. Not one that's for everyone but one that's part of her current art

buy bionic

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

singing in other languages

This isn't controversial :smh: How is her singing in Spanish and Portuguese any different than Gaga's cringe attempts at singing in French. 

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, bionic said:

Aside from the Eurovision performance that wasn't great but was OTT ridiculed, the entire era was pretty low key IMO.

Just because it doesn't "generate" controversy in society, doesn't mean the subject matter or visuals weren't controversial. She can't control the lack of radio play and exposure for her album. Most people I know didn't even know she had record out...

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

The autotune is a stylistic choice at this point. Not one that's for everyone but one that's part of her current art

I'm aware, but Huffs was asking me specifically so that's my opinion y'all :huntyga:

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

This isn't controversial :smh: How is her singing in Spanish and Portuguese any different than Gaga's cringe attempts at singing in French. 

Ok

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Just because it doesn't "generate" controversy in society, doesn't mean the subject matter or visuals weren't controversial. She can't control the lack of radio play and exposure for her album. Most people I know didn't even know she had record out...

The God Control MV generated some negative press for a couple days. Let's not act like she was running around nude and simulating masturbation like she was during Erotica :sharon: 

Archived