💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj says the harassment lawsuit delay was an innocent mistake

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Nicki Minaj scored a minor legal victory Tuesday when a federal court clerk decided she didn’t fail to respond to the lawsuit claiming she harassed and tried to bribe the woman at the center of her husband’s attempted rape conviction.

The plaintiff, Jennifer Hough, had asked the court to find the singer and her husband Kenneth Petty in “default” and award her $20 million for her claims that she endured a “relentless campaign of bribery, intimidation, harassment, and stalking” from the couple aimed at getting her to recant her claim Petty raped her at knifepoint in 1994.

The federal clerk for the Eastern District of New York denied the request related to Minaj on Tuesday, writing on the court docket that “it appears” Minaj filed paperwork last week saying she finally hired a lawyer to defend her.

The clerk did, however, certify that Petty “has not filed an answer or otherwise moved with respect to the complaint.”

In a sworn statement filed October 15th, Minaj said she thought she had successfully hired her lawyer in late September after speaking with him over Zoom but that series of “innocent miscommunications” led to a delay in the payment of his retainer.
My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case,” she wrote in her declaration.

Hough’s lawyer, told Rolling Stone Tuesday that he still plans to pursue a default motion against Petty for the $20 million.

Nicki is arguing that the failure to respond to the complaint in question in a timely fashion was “not willful.”
Nicki saying in the documents “My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case which plaintiff’s counsel has brought against me in an effort to use my name to generate publicity for himself'

Minaj has stated in a sworn declaration that a process server hasn’t been truthful, claiming that her husband was never served with a copy of the summons and complaint.
The process server in question, Minaj claimed, is reported as having served such documents to a “Black male, 40 years old, 200 lbs.” with black hair and brown eyes.“In fact, my husband is approximately 5’9’’ tall and weighs no more than 175 pounds,” Minaj is quoted as saying in the latest documents.

“Further, there is no person who resides in our house or who was present there on September 15, 2021, who fits the description contained in the affidavit of service.” Nicki's attorney Judd Burstein, among other things, is aiming for a motion to dismiss the amended complaint.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

RAMROD

Ironically the more she said something the worse it becomes for her :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
Just now, 56jae said:

#believewomen #ibelieveNicki

#stopbeingdisgusting

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

myluis617

Im done she said there is no one in our home that matches that description. Like I they would know what he looks like wouldnt they? Either way they have to tend to their case. 

RahrahWitch

Forgot about this but remembered to tweet ridiculous **** to take media attention away from it... Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Archived