Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
On 10/5/2021 at 4:49 AM, Wixson said:

Madonna stans. :smh:

I normally feel like fans overreact when they criticize critics, but you are on the mark. That one critic for Slant openly hated on Gaga on twitter for years and was a hardcore Madonna stan. I'm pretty sure he even deleted a lot of tweets. That said, nothing is as bad as Joe Caraminca (not sure of the spelling) of the NYT. He's been relatively "easy" on Gaga in comparison, but he wrote some incredibly brutal, misogynistic sh*t about Lana Del Rey back in the day to the point I was shocked it was published.

LilyLark

A lot of lovely reviews. I'm not surprised that the more sort of "moderate" papers with an older audience like the Financial Time are the ones giving the best reviews, tbh, because Cole Porter covers are universal but older folks generally tend to appreciate them more. I do wish some of the 3 star reviews from the more experimental music outlets considered the context, tho, because of course Tony's voice isn't perfect and yeah, they weren't going to do a new twist on Cole Porter considering Tony's situation...expecting them to do so was/is a bit silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived