• Last Reply
alsemanche

#2 – Fallen Fruit: 8.62

Fallen Fruit

Lowest Score: 3 - @GaGaLB (:triggered:)

Highest Score: 11 - @Pennywise @lg5 @Rence @Sneaky @Zed @Teletubby

Comments:

Spoiler

On my first listen I didn’t love this one, but a week later, I’m warming up to it. I think some of the lyrics are my least favorite from the album though (“We will walk together” is a little cheesy).

really great instrumentation all around, has that moment in the middle which gives us a faux pure heroine Lorde moment which is cool, love how it ends with that weird squeaking/screeching sound

a scintillating fusion of old lorde and new, the dark melodrama melody coming together with the breeziness of solar power. nice overall but it sits a bit heavy next to the rest of the songs.

it's beautiful, but I can't listen to this song anymore because I had it on while driving home from work and nearly fell asleep on the highway

Fallen Fruit is that bit*h like if the beeps were not there this would take the 11 like no lies it snatched my wig at first listen!

I envision a group of girls up a hill putting together flower crowns and braiding each other's hair. Doesn't do very much for me.

Hippie vibe, nice guitars, especially the smooth and slow electric guitar solo, classic boom bap Lorde bridge. A good song.

This song was a journey and reminded me a lot of Kate Bush at times. Loved certain parts a lot more than others.

this one is so pretty and i love when she just repeats fallen fruit and also the production here is 10/10

the bridge is the best part. that bass yes kiwi queen

Big The Mamas and the Papa's vibes. Love it.

its perfection, would have been my second 11

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Ororo Munroe
Just now, alsemanche said:

#2 – Fallen Fruit: 8.62

Fallen Fruit

Lowest Score: 3 - @GaGaLB (:triggered:)

Highest Score: 11 - @Pennywise @lg5 @Rence @Sneaky @Zed @Teletubby

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

On my first listen I didn’t love this one, but a week later, I’m warming up to it. I think some of the lyrics are my least favorite from the album though (“We will walk together” is a little cheesy).

really great instrumentation all around, has that moment in the middle which gives us a faux pure heroine Lorde moment which is cool, love how it ends with that weird squeaking/screeching sound

a scintillating fusion of old lorde and new, the dark melodrama melody coming together with the breeziness of solar power. nice overall but it sits a bit heavy next to the rest of the songs.

it's beautiful, but I can't listen to this song anymore because I had it on while driving home from work and nearly fell asleep on the highway

Fallen Fruit is that bit*h like if the beeps were not there this would take the 11 like no lies it snatched my wig at first listen!

I envision a group of girls up a hill putting together flower crowns and braiding each other's hair. Doesn't do very much for me.

Hippie vibe, nice guitars, especially the smooth and slow electric guitar solo, classic boom bap Lorde bridge. A good song.

This song was a journey and reminded me a lot of Kate Bush at times. Loved certain parts a lot more than others.

this one is so pretty and i love when she just repeats fallen fruit and also the production here is 10/10

the bridge is the best part. that bass yes kiwi queen

Big The Mamas and the Papa's vibes. Love it.

its perfection, would have been my second 11

aaaaaaand I was right! Gays love satire! :madge:

alsemanche

And the track that got the highest score, breaking the 9.0 average is…

#1 – Mood Ring: 9.34

Mood Ring

Lowest Score: 4 - @Evan Peters

Highest Score: 11 - @GaGaLB @huttont

Comments:

Spoiler

It's grown on me so much. The sudden mood shift from the second half of the album plays with the irony of its lyrics. And the crystal sounds? The sitar at "let's fly somewhere eastern"? Ugh. Love me a good satire, ending with an honest conversation with herself: "Watch the sun set, look back on my life. I just wanna know, will it be alright?" Everything is just so right, it all clicks for me.

Infectious chorus, she's going to have the people she's poking fun of singing this song at the top of their lungs lmao. I think its reception right now is marred by the public's perception of lorde, but is she not allowed to make a mindless bop? Lol

It’s a good song, but to me, the production doesn’t work with the rest of the album. I like the song on its own, but in the context of the album, it doesn’t work as well in my opinion.

I love the "Nelly Furtado - All Good Things" vibe in it, the catchiness of the melody, the softness of her voice. The dry arpeggios are very nice too andthe lyrics are fun, a bop!

"i literally don't remember what this song sounds like and i think that says everything you need to know regarding my opinion" - evan peters' thoughts on leader of a new regime

lorde outdid herself with this one. It feels throwback yet fresh, and it is the perfect satire of our generation.

Perfect. Perfect sound perfect vibes perfect lyrics perfect length. Perfect.

It's just a perfect balance between satirical and catchy love it!

as a girl obsessed with astrology, this is a bop

This will be a Lorde classic in the future.

Really good. Catchy, pretty, a bop.

Beautiful song, very nostalgic

Royals (lo-fi indie remix)

such a vibe such a bop

CyanDante

I mean if you like Lorde, you automatically have taste. So not surprised! :queenga:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

And the track that got the highest score, breaking the 9.0 average is…

#1 – Mood Ring: 9.34

Mood Ring

Lowest Score: 4 - @Evan Peters

Highest Score: 11 - @GaGaLB @huttont

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

It's grown on me so much. The sudden mood shift from the second half of the album plays with the irony of its lyrics. And the crystal sounds? The sitar at "let's fly somewhere eastern"? Ugh. Love me a good satire, ending with an honest conversation with herself: "Watch the sun set, look back on my life. I just wanna know, will it be alright?" Everything is just so right, it all clicks for me.

Infectious chorus, she's going to have the people she's poking fun of singing this song at the top of their lungs lmao. I think its reception right now is marred by the public's perception of lorde, but is she not allowed to make a mindless bop? Lol

It’s a good song, but to me, the production doesn’t work with the rest of the album. I like the song on its own, but in the context of the album, it doesn’t work as well in my opinion.

I love the "Nelly Furtado - All Good Things" vibe in it, the catchiness of the melody, the softness of her voice. The dry arpeggios are very nice too andthe lyrics are fun, a bop!

"i literally don't remember what this song sounds like and i think that says everything you need to know regarding my opinion" - evan peters' thoughts on leader of a new regime

lorde outdid herself with this one. It feels throwback yet fresh, and it is the perfect satire of our generation.

Perfect. Perfect sound perfect vibes perfect lyrics perfect length. Perfect.

It's just a perfect balance between satirical and catchy love it!

as a girl obsessed with astrology, this is a bop

This will be a Lorde classic in the future.

Really good. Catchy, pretty, a bop.

Beautiful song, very nostalgic

Royals (lo-fi indie remix)

such a vibe such a bop

okay, we love ha! i'm just bitter that SP isn't part of top 5! 

but Mood Ring deserves! gluten free bop did that! 

alsemanche

And that concludes our Megarate ceremony!! Thanks for everyone who voted and/or attended! It was fun to organize! 

Maybe we will do a Lorde discography revisit at some point :flower:

Just now, alsemanche said:

And that concludes our Megarate ceremony!! Thanks for everyone who voted and/or attended! It was fun to organize! 

thanks for hosting :hug:

ArtRave 03.10.2014 Hamburg / JWT 24.01.2018 Hamburg

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

thanks you for hosting! you did great! 

The Path, Mood Ring and Fallen Fruit are REALLY the best tracks

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Archived