Jump to content
opinion

Doja Cat Is The Best Performer Of This Generation?


Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Medusa
On 9/19/2021 at 11:29 PM, NicoB Minaj said:

I don think doja is from the same generation as gaga. Gaga is more like katy, beyonce, nicki, kesha, adele, taylor...

Doja's generation is billie, olivia, halsey, bts, meghan and ariana i guess

A generation is roughly 30 years, not 11/12. Oliva and Doja called Gaga the best performer of this generation recently during a VMA interview I saw on Tiktok regarding her paparazzi perormance. Think the Vessle perormance, her as Joe, The sound oif music, Stevie Wonder, ALL of her Fame / Monsterball performances, Doja dosent hold a candle to Gaga yet and an artist dosent stop being this generation once they hit 30. Ariana was just 2 years after Gaga also

someone @ Olivia Rodrigo to tell her shes wrong x

https://etcanada.com/news/811556/olivia-rodrigo-says-lady-gaga-is-the-best-performer-of-our-generation/

Edited by Medusa
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Blastertoyo

    13

  • NicoB

    5

  • Dennis

    4

  • FentyGa

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thoughts? 

Beyoncé is almost 25 years into her career. She’s from like 2 generations of popstars behind Doja. Tho I agree Bey is easily the best female performer. She’s not that much theatrical but she's more te

Blastertoyo
2 hours ago, Medusa said:

A generation is roughly 30 years, not 11/12. Oliva and Doja called Gaga the best performer of this generation recently during a VMA interview I saw on Tiktok regarding her paparazzi perormance. Doja dosent hold a candle to Gaga yet and an artist dosent stop being this generation once they hit 30. Ariana was just 2 years after Gaga also

Lol no

generations of pop stars isn’t the same as generations like boomer and zoomer. Just because someone is still active doesn’t mean they’re the same generation of pop star. It’s obvious Gaga is a different generation of performer as Ariana and Doja, the same way Rihanna is the same generation as Gaga despite having debuted in 2005.

Ariana is clearly the same generation as Billie despite being around since 2009 and debuting in 2012.

by your logic then Madonna is still in this generation because Madam X was released  the same year as Hot Pink :ladyhaha:

that makes 0 sense 

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
erfaan
8 hours ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

dont be mad that she has good breath control:bradley:

I absolutely stan her and the new album but the lip synching has been incredibly annoying. I think she's got the potential to be massive but definitely needs to start singing live

Link to post
Share on other sites
Medusa
34 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Ariana is clearly the same generation as Billie despite being around since 2009 and debuting in 2012.

This literally makes no sense, 'clearly' as she seems more gen z to you / is younger? If they start at the same time, they are in the same generation of influence, obviously.

34 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

by your logic then Madonna is still in this generation because Madam X was released  the same year as Hot Pink :ladyhaha:

Not really. Obviously from when they start, not whern they last put out an album. 30 years as a generation is just a factual statment, I dont know what youre referring to with pop star generations as it sounds like simply your opinion.

I was refernecing this

https://etcanada.com/news/811556/olivia-rodrigo-says-lady-gaga-is-the-best-performer-of-our-generation/

She must have mis-spoke I guess as gaga is obviously past generation

 

Edited by Medusa
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
25 minutes ago, Medusa said:

Obviously from when they start, not whern they last put out an album. 30 years as a generation is just a factual statment, I dont know what youre referring to with pop star generations as it sounds like simply your opinion.

Lol that makes 0 sense

By your logic, that means if you’re performing in this generation, you’re a performer from this generation?? So apparently Billie Eilish and Celine Dion are both performers from this generation and that makes no sense. 

“30 years is a generation” ok so that means Madonna only stopped being “this generation” in 2013 lmao what :ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
Medusa
6 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

By your logic, that means if you’re performing in this generation, you’re a performer from this generation?? So apparently Billie Eilish and Celine Dion are both performers from this generation and that makes no sense. 

No I am not.... I dont know how you got that. Generational influence begins when they start. So Ariana is in the same gen as Gaga.

I would say Madonna left generations in 2000, Its rougly 20/30 years to a generation, maybe look it up, the generation of early 2010's has not ended yet.

Anyway, I only thought about this as I saw Olivia say that on tiktok, you can argue with her x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bella Goth

she's sure one of the best of this generation. an egirl coming from viral song and becoming meme, she basically know how to market herself. she sing,rap,write her own music, she perform, she own the stage she was perform, deliver something new, she own her social media (not like her team taking control over her)

 

for me she's giving me katy perry campnese at the moment, its pop, nice, and fun, her personality. and looking forward what will miss doja kitty do nexxxt :party:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
NicoB

For god's sake. People don't understand such a basic statement.:smh:  Generations are not something with a specific start and specific end, they blend into each other, but it's not that difficult to see who are from each one. Gaga and Beyonce obviously are the best performers currently, but as for doja, she is the best from her generation, which means her group of artists that made impact in the same period of time. Gaga didn't made her impact in the same period doja did. Gaga became famous in 2008, doja in 2019. And from the group that became impactful at the same period as her, doja is the best performer. Simple as that, it's not difficult to see such simple point. People just need to stop overthinking things. God...:smh:

Property of Sheik Hee Hee
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, NicoB Minaj said:

Generations are not something with a specific start and specific end, they blend into each other, but it's not that difficult to see who are from each one.

No a gEnErAtIoN iS tHiRtY yEaRs dUh 

 

nO wAiT iTs mOrE lIkE tWeNtY

:awkney::ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anderson123

No offense but guys have such low standards. How is she the best performer? I’m lost. 

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen
4 hours ago, Earthfan said:

I absolutely stan her and the new album but the lip synching has been incredibly annoying. I think she's got the potential to be massive but definitely needs to start singing live

A lot of the time she is live! I notice her lip syncing only once in a while. I think it just comes down to her being a stronger rapper than singer. I always say if you won’t sound good live, just lip sync. Some of the best performers have lip synced.

Normani also lip synced the VMAs but she served a great performance. Although, I wish she would fully embrace the lip sync instead of trying to fool us :sweat:  it can be awkward. 

Edited by Stephen
Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
33 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

No offense but guys have such low standards. How is she the best performer? I’m lost. 

Watch the video :ohwell:

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...