đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Kim Kardashian criticised for promoting an untested cryptocurrency

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Kim Kardashian has been criticised for promoting an untested cryptocurrency on Instagram, by the head of the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

The FCA chair, Charles Randell said Ms Kardashian had "asked her 250 million followers to speculate on crypto tokens" by promoting an advert for Ethereum Max.

She posted a paid promotion of a cryptocurrency token called Ethereum Max to her Instagram stories, where she asked her 250 million fans: “Are you guys into crypto????”. While the post was marked as an advertisement, Randell said Kardashian did not disclose that Ethereum Max (not to be confused with Ethereum) was created only a month earlier by unknown developers.

Randell said: "I can’t say whether this particular token is a scam, but social media influencers are routinely paid by scammers to help them pump and dump new tokens on the back of pure speculation. Some influencers promote coins that turn out simply not to exist at all.”

In a speech on the difficulties of regulating crypto, the chair of the UK's Financial Conduct Authority said Kardashian's post was probably the financial promotion with the single biggest audience reach in history.

Yet he said it was a prime example of how celebrity influencers can lure investors toward coins that could turn out to be scams. Paris Hilton and DJ Khaled are among the numerous other celebrities to have promoted crypto projects.

source source source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

HausOfAntonio

Its whoever purchases the currency’s job to research on it. Kim’s not anyone’s mom lol. 

robboadam
2 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Its whoever purchases the currency’s job to research on it. Kim’s not anyone’s mom lol. 

with great power comes great responsibility GIF

HausOfAntonio
12 minutes ago, robboadam said:

with great power comes great responsibility GIF

I would tend to agree but not in this case. Purchasing currency is a great responsibility, especially something as volatile as crypto. If you rely solely on a celebrity’s word to invest in it, idk if you should be in the first place. 

Glamourpuss
30 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

She's an influencer though. So she has a responsibility. 

bionic
26 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I would tend to agree but not in this case. Purchasing currency is a great responsibility, especially something as volatile as crypto. If you rely solely on a celebrity’s word to invest in it, idk if you should be in the first place. 

You're right that somebody shouldn't do anything (especially anything financial) because a celebrity tells them to do so. Many will see that Kim, a wealthy and successful person, is advocating for this currency and then invest because if Kim likes it, it might make me wealthy too

buy bionic

candiedroses
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I could've sworn she had a few children with Kanye West. 

Archived