Joaco95
35 minutes ago, Mindblown said:

You did NOT just shade Season 3: Coven like that :grr::grr::grr:

my shame was towards glee season 3 :fan:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BARKDANGER

This may be a little off the topic….but I thought to myself on the first episode of AHS stories that Ryan uses the LGBTQ+ tropes all the time in his shows. I legit rolled my eyes within the first 30 seconds of the episode and said here we go again with gay characters being gay, over acting, and in your face about it. While I am grateful to have representation on TV of the LGBTQ+ community….Ryan Murphy seems to tread the same waters. The following shows he has created/produced have a gay elements….

Glee

AHS Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10

AHS Stories Episode 1, 2, 7

The Politician

Ratchet

Scream Queens

Hollywood

The Prom

Pose - This story actually was a great way to express the LGBTQ + in entertainment.

American Crime Story: Versace (This one I can understand because it’s non fiction)

Like I said, I’m grateful that LGBT+ plus community has representation, I just don’t agree in the way which Ryan chooses what characters are written as gay and/or is it necessary to have a character be overtly -In your face- over the Top Gay to get the story across. 

A good example of gay trope being used in a good was is Kurt in Glee. Very relatable, empathic, relatable.

A bad example of a gay troupe is in AHS Apocalypse. Why was Mr. Gallant. What was the point of making that character overtly gay and in your face?

Basically I want relatable gay characters in his shows. I hope this doesn’t come of ignorant and I hope I expressed myself correctly.

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

I think the user has a point tho, all the gay characters happen to be men by the way

That’s not true, Cult had a couple of lesbians as main characters :trollga:

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Ziggy

Idk something sits wrong with me like he writes his fantasies into his work. It can’t be coincidence that most of his male leads look the nearly identical lmao

DavidLuis198
2 hours ago, weed said:

Hmm I guess I agree and I hadn't really thought about it until now! I think he has done amazing work with women's roles but in terms of gay men it's been.. very lacking. The bald one from Hotel is the only "nice" one I can think of? Never a leading role

Liz was a trans woman, so not even her

I don't know how to write in english

JusKeepBreathin

I mean I will admit I haven't watched all his shows but are we just basing it off AHS. Because I feel like Glee had positive gay characters so does Pose. I haven't seen Hollywood yet or Halston yet. 

I haven't seen 911 or 911 Lonestar either but I think there are gay characters there too. 

I also think there are gay characters in The Politician. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DavidLuis198
8 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Idk something sits wrong with me like he writes his fantasies into his work. It can’t be coincidence that most of his male leads look the nearly identical lmao

And is not like he doesn't perceive that he does it, in Hotel the male leads all looked the same, but he played with this making a plot of The Countess history

I don't know how to write in english

Ziggy
18 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

And is not like he doesn't perceive that he does it, in Hotel the male leads all looked the same, but he played with this making a plot of The Countess history

Yeah it’s behavior like that that just skeeves me out especially since he’s so powerful in Hollywood. Not saying he’s don’t anything foul, but his behavior makes me uneasy knowing how many *other* men have abused their power in that industry.

alsemanche

"Shuts down" :air: 

My 5yo cousin could have come up with a better reply pls

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• BUtterfield 8 changed the title to Ryan Murphy responds to complaint about writing gay perverted addicts
BlingNotTheMusic

For the record, the new season of AHS is awesome

But yeah as a gay man I find much of his forced gay humor and gay storylines very annoying and cringe. If they're gay, and it's a part of the overall story (Asylum) that's one thing. But he has so many gay characters that are just there for sex jokes and sex scenes. Very cringe. 

I still enjoy his work, but this is one of my biggest complaints that prevents his shows from being truly great. 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

River

And he always casts the same type of men :yennefer:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

SadBoi808

Yikes imagine being that old and having no  maturity and growth as a producer/creator and to keep perpetuating gay white privilege with this overused tropes..  but to each their own I guess. Shocked he hasn’t been canceled yet. Praying 4 the day 

SEANGT
2 hours ago, justhislife said:

Bae this isn't a non-fiction person, they're characters written around the same stereotype. And when you have millions of people that watch, they're told that this is the norm among the gay community, effectively stigmatizing them and undoing the gay liberation. 

They're asking for the gay community to be portrayed as the diverse community it is and not to simply be boxed into "gay perverted addict", this isn't reinventing the wheel. 

I'm just saying Ryan Murphy or any one writer isn't going to do that by themselves. He has his lane and his box. Somebody else can write different characters. All of queer representation isn't on his shoulders lol. Be bad there aren't more popular gay writers. Don't be mad that the one we have isn't writing every kind of person.

Born This Way

The way I bet he thinks he's being subversive but he completely isn't :billie:

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Archived