Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Top 25 Tours of 2012 (BTWB #6)

Star

Featured Posts

I will have to ask mod to lock this thread if you keep on talking about Gaga and Madonna.

Gaga is doing great. Get over it!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopBitch

If you take some things into consideration, you may conclude that Madonna earned approximately 140$ per attending person, while GaGa earned 112$. I think asking an average of 140 against 112 from your fans is to be taken into consideration. Makes Madonna look like she's all in for the money, which she obviously is.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

Funfact - If Madge asked the same price on average as GaGa, her tour would have grossed 183 million, which would make her tour #3. If GaGa asked what Madonna is asking, considering she would still sell out that way, she could've made 155,6 million which would put her at #4 beating MJ and Coldplay.

Funfact 2 - Seeing as how long Madonna's career is and how long GaGa's is, the fact that Madonna only sells about 5000 more tickets per show than GaGa is rather pathethic. GaGa's amount of attendance is at about 77% of what Madonna brings in. If GaGa had all those extra years Madonna did, she would obviously attend more than what Madonna is attending now. Reason being; Madonna is visibly in for the money, doesn't have any connection with her fans and mocks other artists all the time isolating herself.

Madge's percentage of attendance when compared to Bruce Springsteen though is only 75%. Bruce gathers 7000+ more fans than Madonna per concert. Queen Bruce Springsteen anyone? He appeals to so much more people.

Funfact 3 - If Bruce Springsteen would've asked 140$ average for tickets he would've grossed about 295.000.000, or let's say 280.000.000 (15.000.000 saved by people that don't wanna pay).

#1 tour anyone?

But hey congrats Madonna you are rich. What are you going to buy? More money to stick into the Red Label Johnny Walker foundation (MDNA in stores now)? But yes GaGa's 400.000 BTW sales cuz of that 1$ action on amazon is so bad! Good thing she has some catchy songs though because her live voice (wait, does Madge even sing it live?) is dreadfull sometimes. /rage

What a sad post. It's so sad that Little Monsters feel the need to bring down someone because Gaga isn't always number one. Gaga did great.

A few facts: Bruce Springsteen's costs for his show as a rock band is so small compared to Madonna's tour this year. Her massive elaborate stages and number of dancers and on and on is massive as far as cost.. It is the most elaborate stage setting and expensive one ever done. (except U2). She has slackliners. She has drummers hanging from the ceiling. She has to alternate dancers. So quit saying she is in this for the money. They all are, but Madonna delivers. The woman at 54 doesn't have to tour like this and she doesn't have to put the amount of money she did into this but she never likes to rest on her laurels tourwise.

Second of all, guess what, most singers/bands of their ages are playing in much smaller circuits. Very few still command sellouts in stadiiums, etc. VERY FEW. It's is such a hard feat to pull off, you can't imagine, to stay that popular and to pull in those numbers touring. So keep on calling Madonna pathetic. it makes you look pathetic, not her as you called her, when she is one of the elite few to be where she is at this age or any age. Madonna's last three tours have been the top selling tours of all time for a solo act, male or female. She only outdoes herself. Right, she's so pathetic.

Third of all, Madonna is a pop singer. She is the only woman to pull this off against rock bands. Rock bands have a much more diverse crowd attending shows like U2, Bruce, Bon Jovi. For a pop singer to last this long and still be playing stadiums, wow.

Show some respect and stop being petty and bashing Madonna just to elevate Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga is doing great for where she's at in her career, far above her peers touringwise.and most older acts except the most iconic ones. It's really sad watching people have to tear someone down who has deserved success for all these years and paved the way for pop acts in so many ways tourwise and the way she changed how a pop show was put on from Blond Ambition on. Hate her personality. Hate many things about Madonna. But show some respect when it's due. She is the number one tour because she deserved to be. I have never in my life seen Madonna put on anything less than a spectacular concert.

Rant over.

PopBitch

I dont see anyone hating on Gaga on this thread, I see Gaga stans hating on Madge because she is number 1 RATHER!!!

Everyone is explaining how Madonna charges millions and that's why she is numbe one... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Guys, Madonna will die some day and probably Gaga will be number one then and forever so GET OVER IT!

Congratualtions to evryone on the list

What a nice post and spot on. Exactly. Congratulations to all for making whatever number they did on that list.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

But that doesn't account for the fact that if Madonna's prices are lower, she'd probably have played to more people, and if Gaga's prices had been higher, she probably would have played to less.

This list is going by gross alone... Gaga's tour had less dates than all of the shows ahead of hers, and unlike any of the shows a head of hers (except Madonna's) hers was 100% sold out. So i don't see how this is a flop in ANY way

Archived