💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Top 25 Tours of 2012 (BTWB #6)

Star

Featured Posts

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gagas ticket prices aren't even comparable to the absurd prices Madonna charges her fans. Shes notorious for being overpriced on the road.

What are you on about? Why do so many idiots say oh no Madonna charges more,Fact is she brings in higher attendance and Gaga's tickets are NOT what they used to be,$500 for GA in Rio and Madonna's tickets were from €50 that's a standard price for concerts...

What's so funny? She's the highest grossing solo touring artist in history so what do did you expect?

I know, but i didn't think she'd get to no.1.

The tickets could have been sold out, actually. Nobody knows why those people never turned up to the concert, you see

besides, it's a special thing with Gaga and with some other artists. When the tickets are sold not directly through Live Nation, they actually sell them first to the re-seller, and the re-seller sells the tickets to the audience. That's why they will be counted as sold-outs, I think )

no i mean that i read on the tours forum on this site that some of them were only 80%, 60%, etc.

bumblebee

no i mean that i read on the tours forum on this site that some of them were only 80%, 60%, etc.

Misleading. Even with all the Latin America buzz, her shows were always pretty full, the matter was how people got there: did they buy a ticket or did they win it, got it for free, etc.

60% is wrong anyways. We need to talk about certain shows, I think ;)

lechatjaune

If you take some things into consideration, you may conclude that Madonna earned approximately 140$ per attending person, while GaGa earned 112$. I think asking an average of 140 against 112 from your fans is to be taken into consideration. Makes Madonna look like she's all in for the money, which she obviously is.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

Funfact - If Madge asked the same price on average as GaGa, her tour would have grossed 183 million, which would make her tour #3. If GaGa asked what Madonna is asking, considering she would still sell out that way, she could've made 155,6 million which would put her at #4 beating MJ and Coldplay.

Funfact 2 - Seeing as how long Madonna's career is and how long GaGa's is, the fact that Madonna only sells about 5000 more tickets per show than GaGa is rather pathethic. GaGa's amount of attendance is at about 77% of what Madonna brings in. If GaGa had all those extra years Madonna did, she would obviously attend more than what Madonna is attending now. Reason being; Madonna is visibly in for the money, doesn't have any connection with her fans and mocks other artists all the time isolating herself.

Madge's percentage of attendance when compared to Bruce Springsteen though is only 75%. Bruce gathers 7000+ more fans than Madonna per concert. Queen Bruce Springsteen anyone? He appeals to so much more people.

Funfact 3 - If Bruce Springsteen would've asked 140$ average for tickets he would've grossed about 295.000.000, or let's say 280.000.000 (15.000.000 saved by people that don't wanna pay).

#1 tour anyone?

But hey congrats Madonna you are rich. What are you going to buy? More money to stick into the Red Label Johnny Walker foundation (MDNA in stores now)? But yes GaGa's 400.000 BTW sales cuz of that 1$ action on amazon is so bad! Good thing she has some catchy songs though because her live voice (wait, does Madge even sing it live?) is dreadfull sometimes. /rage

OMG...you are only making excuses about the fact LG is not #1 and Madonna is. If Gaga was #1 she'll be Queen of the Universe and Madonna would be a flop. Jesus! Get over it, Gaga has a very loooooooong way before surpassing M's numbers: fact. If she were charging those prices and nobody cared or showed up then, YEAH, she would be overpriced...but reality is people buy her tickets and she plays for sold out stadiums. She's worth that money and you know it. Merry Christmas!

gagaisitalian

And there are still three months of shows for the Ball! Can't wait to see how it stacks up once it officially ends.

I dont see anyone hating on Gaga on this thread, I see Gaga stans hating on Madge because she is number 1 RATHER!!!

Everyone is explaining how Madonna charges millions and that's why she is numbe one... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Guys, Madonna will die some day and probably Gaga will be number one then and forever so GET OVER IT!

Congratualtions to evryone on the list

Really? Try to look at Billboard comments. :)) Madonna stans are the worst. They cant see that she is the youngest person in the top 10 and make such a big deal on the fact that Lady Gaga Latin American leg was not counted ( even if that will get her to top 4 at least), when Billboard says clear that these numbers are from November 2011 to November 2012, like in every year. :))

It will be interesting next year, when Lady Gaga will be higher than Madonna. :))

i just can't @ some posts. do you guys even know what factors affect ticket prices and how they are set ? First of all you gotta take into account the the costs of the entire production. In this case you can't compare Bruce and M tour costs and then complain that she charges more and it's not fair to her fans. If the production budget is high, then ticket prices mostly likely will sky rocket. 2nd of all - LN's cut, 3rd - the artist's cut, 4th - the rent fee of the venue where the artist performs, 5th - the promoter's cut of the revenue.

My point is, any artist who invests a great amount of money into his own show, is rightfully entitled to charge the price he/she sees fit.

And don't surprised if Gaga's ticket prices for the next tour will increase, because that's inevitable

Psychedelic

Really? Try to look at Billboard comments. :)) Madonna stans are the worst. They cant see that she is the youngest person in the top 10 and make such a big deal on the fact that Lady Gaga Latin American leg was not counted ( even if that will get her to top 4 at least), when Billboard says clear that these numbers are from November 2011 to November 2012, like in every year. :))

It will be interesting next year, when Lady Gaga will be higher than Madonna. :))

I said IN THIS THREAD!

Psychedelic

OMG...you are only making excuses about the fact LG is not #1 and Madonna is. If Gaga was #1 she'll be Queen of the Universe and Madonna would be a flop. Jesus! Get over it, Gaga has a very loooooooong way before surpassing M's numbers: fact. If she were charging those prices and nobody cared or showed up then, YEAH, she would be overpriced...but reality is people buy her tickets and she plays for sold out stadiums. She's worth that money and you know it. Merry Christmas!

Truth tea has been spilled!!! :legend:

Archived