Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Top 25 Tours of 2012 (BTWB #6)

Star

Featured Posts

display name

Gaga's success makes me happy. I'll still be a fan when she's not as successful as she's been lately, but regardless, it's nice to know she's been doing well. :flutter:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Pinkman

This officially makes Gaga the best touring act of her musical generation :legend:

It's science, bitch

AgusPop

Look at the top 5 (10+ years career),then Gaga on the 6th (only 4 years career). Yet you call BTWB a flop?

Congrats Gaga. :clap: the LEGEND of our generation

:legend:

Phantomhive

Ugh, Queen Madge :legend:

Wonder if she'll be able to surpass the gross of her own Sticky & Sweet tour. :x

In I fly on wings of winter.

If you take some things into consideration, you may conclude that Madonna earned approximately 140$ per attending person, while GaGa earned 112$. I think asking an average of 140 against 112 from your fans is to be taken into consideration. Makes Madonna look like she's all in for the money, which she obviously is.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

Funfact - If Madge asked the same price on average as GaGa, her tour would have grossed 183 million, which would make her tour #3. If GaGa asked what Madonna is asking, considering she would still sell out that way, she could've made 155,6 million which would put her at #4 beating MJ and Coldplay.

Funfact 2 - Seeing as how long Madonna's career is and how long GaGa's is, the fact that Madonna only sells about 5000 more tickets per show than GaGa is rather pathethic. GaGa's amount of attendance is at about 77% of what Madonna brings in. If GaGa had all those extra years Madonna did, she would obviously attend more than what Madonna is attending now. Reason being; Madonna is visibly in for the money, doesn't have any connection with her fans and mocks other artists all the time isolating herself.

Madge's percentage of attendance when compared to Bruce Springsteen though is only 75%. Bruce gathers 7000+ more fans than Madonna per concert. Queen Bruce Springsteen anyone? He appeals to so much more people.

Funfact 3 - If Bruce Springsteen would've asked 140$ average for tickets he would've grossed about 295.000.000, or let's say 280.000.000 (15.000.000 saved by people that don't wanna pay).

#1 tour anyone?

But hey congrats Madonna you are rich. What are you going to buy? More money to stick into the Red Label Johnny Walker foundation (MDNA in stores now)? But yes GaGa's 400.000 BTW sales cuz of that 1$ action on amazon is so bad! Good thing she has some catchy songs though because her live voice (wait, does Madge even sing it live?) is dreadfull sometimes. /rage

elijahfan

Eeer... according to these figures, Madonna and Gaga have presumably sold out all their shows, and that's just not true :sick:

When I saw Madonna back in July, for instance, the venue was actually far from being sold out......

Gagaloo911

BTWB is a Flop tour, you say ?

65 sold-out dates out of 65.

When will your floppy tours ? :nails:

Tbh :tea:

Gagaloo911

If you take some things into consideration, you may conclude that Madonna earned approximately 140$ per attending person, while GaGa earned 112$. I think asking an average of 140 against 112 from your fans is to be taken into consideration. Makes Madonna look like she's all in for the money, which she obviously is.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

Funfact - If Madge asked the same price on average as GaGa, her tour would have grossed 183 million, which would make her tour #3. If GaGa asked what Madonna is asking, considering she would still sell out that way, she could've made 155,6 million which would put her at #4 beating MJ and Coldplay.

Funfact 2 - Seeing as how long Madonna's career is and how long GaGa's is, the fact that Madonna only sells about 5000 more tickets per show than GaGa is rather pathethic. GaGa's amount of attendance is at about 77% of what Madonna brings in. If GaGa had all those extra years Madonna did, she would obviously attend more than what Madonna is attending now. Reason being; Madonna is visibly in for the money, doesn't have any connection with her fans and mocks other artists all the time isolating herself.

Madge's percentage of attendance when compared to Bruce Springsteen though is only 75%. Bruce gathers 7000+ more fans than Madonna per concert. Queen Bruce Springsteen anyone? He appeals to so much more people.

Funfact 3 - If Bruce Springsteen would've asked 140$ average for tickets he would've grossed about 295.000.000, or let's say 280.000.000 (15.000.000 saved by people that don't wanna pay).

#1 tour anyone?

But hey congrats Madonna you are rich. What are you going to buy? More money to stick into the Red Label Johnny Walker foundation (MDNA in stores now)? But yes GaGa's 400.000 BTW sales cuz of that 1$ action on amazon is so bad! Good thing she has some catchy songs though because her live voice (wait, does Madge even sing it live?) is dreadfull sometimes. /rage

:clap:

Madonna wouldn't have nearly as much as she does if she didn't charge so much for her tickets.

Americano

I hope Lady Gaga never charges as much as Madonna.

Sure, it's nice to have such high grossing tours, but I don't think that does your fans justice. She promised us, early in her career, that she wouldn't jack up prices so high that only her privileged fans could attend. I hope she sticks to her word.

Needing to go excess of $200-300M dollars is just greedy. At that point, everyone knows you're a star already, so why rip off your fans?

bumblebee

Well, there is no reason we will not get the South America Dates. We will get the reports, I think somewhere around mid-January,

Obviously if she had released the gross info by the time Billboard constructed the chart, she would have been ranked at No.4, but Gaga doesn't give too much a **** !

The tour in 2012 has done so beautifully, that it doesn't matter really when the info will be released.

Please pay no attention to the haters!

All crazy and mind-sick Madonna fans can blindly swim in the poisonous admiration of their star and spam Billboard comment sections, ignoring the fact that Madonna is attracting less and less viewers to her shows, and even her financial results with this tour are worse than her previous tour (though the number of dates is almost the same), just let them be happy - it's Christmas soon.

Gaga is hitting North America with the tour, and monsters have been waiting for this moment like forever, and we can expect new music, new performances and music videos. Get ready ! :mittens:

Express Yourself

#1 tour anyone?

Fun Fact: who cares.

Ticket prices is a non-point in your argument since people still payed those prices so who cares she still grossed more. Madonna does sing live 95% of the time and only lip synches when neccessary. Sure she isn't the greatest vocalist of all time but I don't see what that has to do with your argument about ticket prices. Madonna does care for her fans and has done a lot for them, just because she doesn't brag about it doesn't mean she doesn't do stuff for them. If you haven't noticed gaga's ticket prices aren't as cheap as they us eto be either.

Americano

Fun Fact: who cares.

Ticket prices is a non-point in your argument since people still payed those prices so who cares she still grossed more. Madonna does sing live 95% of the time and only lip synches when neccessary. Sure she isn't the greatest vocalist of all time but I don't see what that has to do with your argument about ticket prices. Madonna does care for her fans and has done a lot for them, just because she doesn't brag about it doesn't mean she doesn't do stuff for them. If you haven't noticed gaga's ticket prices aren't as cheap as they us eto be either.

Gagas ticket prices aren't even comparable to the absurd prices Madonna charges her fans. Shes notorious for being overpriced on the road.

Archived