Jump to content
science

Pfizer & Moderna booster shots coming September 20 to the US


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, nswain1110 said:

I originally got the J&J back in April. I decided to go and get a Moderna booster in July based on some medical professionals and scientists saying J&J wasn't holding up to variants. To get it I had to lie at a Walgreens and say it was my first time. No, I do not feel bad for lying. My state (like most here in the US) has a surplus of vaccines because 48% of folks here (so far) have opted not to get vaxed. 

As someone giving the shots, I really (like REALLLLLY) don’t give a **** if people lie to me.

It’s only if they confess afterwards that I would be pissed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
Just now, uo111 said:

As someone giving the shots, I really (like REALLLLLY) don’t give a **** if people lie to me.

It’s only if they confess afterwards that I would be pissed.

That is quite irresponsible :bradley:

What if people got fatal reactions cos you fail to check? :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Judaz said:

I didn't say I was ill for 2- 3 days try months and as for covid I lost my taste for 2 days I no which I would prefer.

You weren’t ill for months from a vaccine that’s not physically possible :lana:

Link to post
Share on other sites

alsemanche
Just now, uo111 said:

You weren’t ill for months from a vaccine that’s not physically possible :lana:

I was gonna say but I decided to let it go since I'm not a health professional :billie:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RAMROD said:

That is quite irresponsible :bradley:

What if people got fatal reactions cos you fail to check? :diane:

We can’t check babe. Blame republicans for valuing “privacy” over quality healthcare.

And if someone did have a reaction (not that there is any reason to believe they would), it’s not my fault so I don’t care tbh :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaby15

In my country from 1 August anyone who has received the second shot at least four months ago can take the third shot. The third vaccine may be different from the first two, there are suggested combinations (six types of vaccine were/are used). For the time being, the third vaccine is mainly taken by elderly people who have previously received Sinopharm and are worried that it is less effective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

nswain1110
6 hours ago, alsemanche said:

 

I'm all for this but question: don't you guys have an official vaccination card that says how many shots you've taken and when? Because in my country, we have a government-issued certificate that has all the dates written down and they check them after your first shot to make sure that you already got it before they give you the second shot. 

We do get a vax card but they’re kinda disorganized here. There’s no centralized database of people who’ve been vaccinated and it’s not tied to your SSN. Vax locations are just required to report names a doses and such to the CDC but there’s no way for a provider to check against that. It’s really easy to get boosters here by pretending it’s your first time. They ask if it’s your first dose, you say yes, then they jab you… 🤷‍♂️ it’s probably not good for the reported vax numbers but being well protected is more important to me than their statistics. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
7 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hope Canada follows suit!

I think the jury is still out on whether non-elderly and immune compromised that dont loose antibodies as quickly really need a 3rd shot anytime soon. Imma get my 2nd shot soon (which i had postponed because i had a bad reaction i felt could have been related to shot but was never certain) but i certainly am not gonna jump in the pool on the idea if these 3rd shots anytime soon

 

One thing that concerns me is that private companies that make killer profits off these vaccines are largely running these trials and involved with medical administrations that in turn give advice

 

Legitimate useful product against pandemic or not, its not crazy to think that out of self interest they could push for more doses (or sooner) than they are really needed even as long term data still needs to be analyzed

 

To be blunt, i dont trust them. They started flaunting around the idea of 3rd shots when most ppl didnt even have their 2nd shots and even less data was available then which to me is super sus on their true motives there

 

They are still big pharma, tho these vaccines have been a tremendously big tool against pandemic for them they are also a source of revenue in their best interests to sell as many as possible

Link to post
Share on other sites

nswain1110
5 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

What are the side effects of a third shot? :enigma: 

I hated the effects after the second shot. :huntyga:

I will let you know! My Moderna booster (after I already got J&J) gave me Severe chest pain but only on the left side of my chest, near the site of injection. We think the Pleura (lining around lung) was inflamed. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
5 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Now. The point of a booster shot is to push back your immunity to a higher level after months of taking the vaccine, when you become more vulnerable to it. Plus new variants might pop up at any second and affect us a lot more, which makes a third shot all the more important. 

Also some fully vaxxed people are actually ending up in the ICU but they usually have other health issues or are old. I personally know of at least 2 such cases. 

Honestly for that i would take a booster that has updates on them specifically for the variants...

 

I wouldnt take a 3rd shot as quickly as some are suggesting if its just the same vaccine as the first 2 doses

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...