Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley Cyrus invites DaBaby to ‘talk’ and ‘learn from each other’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
18 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Only when genuinely repented the irrationally fearful can be forgiven and educated, and DaBaby's case is clearly not it. Those who have being wronged and mistreated have every right to want justice, even if it's just in some way. No one can deny them that. And those who do not admit what they've done wrong deserve neither education, therapy (not entirely sure what u mean here tbh) nor forgiveness, but fair punishment.

He's not the guy that beat you up in highschool. You shouldn't lay that at his feet. 

He's paying for his comments. But making him the symbol or carry the burden of all the wrongs that have been done to the gay community is not fair to him or anyone. I mean even the guys that killed Matthew Shepard did receive that kind of treatment. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
judaspriest
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

He's not the guy that beat you up in highschool. You shouldn't lay that at his feet. 

He's paying for his comments. But making him the symbol of all the wrongs that have been done to the gay community is not fair to him or anyone. I mean even the guys that killed Matthew Shepard did receive that kind of treatment. 

Errr, I did the beating at highschool, FYI

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

Errr, I did the beating at highschool, FYI

Then what are you writing? What hurt are you specifically writing about? How have you been wronged or mistreated? 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

judaspriest
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Then what are you writing? What hurt are you specifically writing about? How have you been wronged or mistreated? 

I used he words "those" and "they". I was obviously not talking about myself specifically, but about the LGBT community in general, which has gone through that and much more.

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Will Graham said:

I used he words "those" and "they". I was obviously not talking about myself specifically, but about the LGBT community in general, which has gone through that and much more.

Oh wow. So you have never had hardship as part of the LGBTQIA community? And you were a bully in highschool? 

Let me guess you are white, masculine, HIV negative. 

Where is all the hate coming from? Did he rattle your masculinity? Make you feel less privileged? 

The nerve of the uneducated black guy. He's a pathetic monster that should never be forgiven. 

judaspriest
11 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Oh wow. So you have never had hardship as part of the LGBTQIA community? And you were a bully in highschool? 

Let me guess you are white, masculine, HIV negative. 

Where is all the hate coming from? Did he rattle your masculinity? Make you feel less privileged? 

The nerve of the uneducated black guy. He's a pathetic monster that should never be forgiven. 

Who said anything about bullying? I've said that when someone put a finger on me I answered in kind, that's proportionate. And of course I've gotten my fair share of microagressions, just like everyone else. There's absolutely no unjustified hate against these homophobes. And DaBaby's race is irrelevant to this discussion, he'll be forgiven WHEN HE REPENTS, not never.

Last but not least, what makes u think I'm a guy???

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Will Graham said:

Who said anything about bullying? I've said that when someone put a finger on me I answered in kind, that's proportionate. And of course I've gotten my fair share of microagressions, just like everyone else. There's absolutely no unjustified hate against these homophobes. And DaBaby's race is irrelevant to this discussion, he'll be forgiven WHEN HE REPENTS, not never

I've only heard the word "repent" in churches. It's very triggering for me and gives my side of the argument more validity than you are aware of. 

Anyways, can I get back to looking up pictures of Shawn Mendes butt in tight jeans? We will just agree to disagree on this issue.

judaspriest
6 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I've only heard the word "repent" in churches. It's very triggering for me and gives my side of the argument more validity than you are aware of. 

Anyways, can I get back to looking up pictures of Shawn Mendes butt in tight jeans? We will just agree to disagree on this issue.

And yet you've told me the much nicer things "who beat you up at highschool", "who wronged you" and such but I'm not triggered (I gotta admit I enjoy a good verbal sparring). As far as I'm aware the Church didn't invent that word and if it did, well, we didn't invent language either. Go to your Shawn Mendes, whoever the phuck that is.

Healed My Heart
15 hours ago, Will Graham said:

Is she truly? Or is she one of those girls that say they're bi just because they've make out with a girl once or twice for the kinky straight male benefit and wanna be edgy?

This is not okay. Regardless of how you feel about any of the details this particular situation, this bi/pan/queer erasure is so harmful.

She/her 💗💜💙

judaspriest
Just now, Healed My Heart said:

This is not okay. Regardless of how you feel about any of the details this particular situation, this bi/pan/queer erasure is so harmful.

It's not erasure if there's reason to doubt her claims. It's not like she is Lord Byron or Virginia Woolf (confirmed bisexuals)

Healed My Heart
Just now, Will Graham said:

It's not erasure if there's reason to doubt her claims. It's not like she is Lord Byron or Virginia Woolf (confirmed bisexuals)

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I forgot about the certificates we receive when we become "confirmed bisexuals."

I hope someday you can find more loving acceptance for others.

She/her 💗💜💙

judaspriest
10 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I forgot about the certificates we receive when we become "confirmed bisexuals."

I hope someday you can find more loving acceptance for others.

Confirmed meaning actual, this girl talks about LGBT like it was a club of sophisticated gentlefolk she signed up for willingly (like it has been said before in this thread), which sounds really phucking weird coming from a supposed LGBT individual. Of course people don't become bi, but this girl seems to think so, because her "coming out" suspiciously aligned with her crazy era (which means she thinks being bi/queer/any other LGBT is a crazy thing). Has she even wanted to have a girlfriend for real? Or is just the "I'm an edgy girl who makes out with other girls" act?

flyaway

At the end, she's right. That's the way to go.

You can cancel him all you want, but that won't erase homophobia and the stigma around HIV from the world. He deserves the backlash, but he NEEDS to be educated about what he did wrong. It's evident he was raised around prejudice against LGBTQ+ people, and he needs to unlearn about it.

Then it's up to him. If he chooses to continue being a bigot, then he can remain DaDeleted :bear:

enissa11
13 minutes ago, flyaway said:

At the end, she's right. That's the way to go.

You can cancel him all you want, but that won't erase homophobia and the stigma around HIV from the world. He deserves the backlash, but he NEEDS to be educated about what he did wrong. It's evident he was raised around prejudice against LGBTQ+ people, and he needs to unlearn about it.

Then it's up to him. If he chooses to continue being a bigot, then he can remain DaDeleted :bear:

apologizing and educating our discriminators this way won't end homophobia either, pretty much the opposite, it's the karl's tolerance paradox.
once they face all the consequences of their actions it's when they might truly understand and educate themselves

Mad Architect of Light

Chlorine Sevigny

Both Madonna and Elton John had extremely calm and educational responses for him though (on top of being MUCH more equipped and suitable to address the situation than Miley), and it took getting his festival gigs cancelled for him to admit wrongdoing and "apologize." So we can see that being patient, empathetic and offering resources to learn didn't have any affect on him until his bag was blocked. 

So what's the answer?

giphy.gif

Archived