💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s mom accused Disney of racism then changed mind

Teletubby

Featured Posts

judaspriest
6 minutes ago, The Child said:

I am so glad Gaga dropped the whole mysterious thing she had on going on in the early years and she became relatable. 

I still like Gaga, of course,  but for me it's the other way around: she felt more relatable 4 me in her early years

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I didn't care if a white or black person was involved in the project...it looked very forced and ill timed as this was released during BLM protests were going on...it was a sensitive subject and Beyonce looked as if she was profiting off of African imagery and culture and using it as a gimmick

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StrawberryBlond
29 minutes ago, The Child said:

I am so glad Gaga dropped the whole mysterious thing she had on going on in the early years and she became relatable. Beyoncé needs to do this, people wanna see her, hear her, they wanna see her interact with fans, she needs to do Instagram lives, we need to see her being a mom, being a woman, going out etc .. if she keeps this god like image she has people will move on to someone else.

I think Adele having so much success in 2011 changed things from there on out. The most successful artist was suddenly someone who didn't wear outlandish costumes, dance, make upbeat pop music or have any kind of closed-off, fake persona. Here was a woman who wore simple black dresses, just stood on the spot and sang ballads and talked like an ordinary person in interviews and cackled like a fishwife. It was clear that this was the superstar the world wanted now. Hence, the MPG's started becoming a bit more relatable and down to earth after that, Gaga most notably. She stopped wearing sunglasses in interviews, made a habit of wearing casual clothes, had more simple music videos and started revealing more about her life. It's all very well maintaining a bit of mystery so people want to know more but keep it up too long and people will eventually think it's not worth finding out. Worse, they'll get the impression that you think you're above promotion and above the public. Beyonce has been around while being almost invisible for the last few years. She's put out two albums since 2018 and yet I feel like I haven't seen her since Lemonade in 2016. Naturally, younger generations won't be interested if they've barely seen this woman their entire life. Not being seen can be the death of a career. People's attention spans are too short to have the time for someone who only pops up once in a blue moon, just ask Xtina. I'd dread to think where Gaga's career would be now if she'd released nothing since Joanne or hadn't promoted any of her subsequent projects. Promo and presence has ensured that she's continuing to have #1 hits to this day whereas Beyonce hasn't had one since 2009. Her albums may sell but only the fans buy them. The singles aren't doing as well and they're for the public, so if she's not doing as well in the public eye, the likelihood of being seen as irrelevant rises.

The Child
1 hour ago, Will Graham said:

I still like Gaga, of course,  but for me it's the other way around: she felt more relatable 4 me in her early years

The Fame era felt kind of relatable but The Fame Monster felt really mysterious and BTW & ARTPOP felt too forced for the GP. The GP like Gaga way more when she’s toned down.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think Adele having so much success in 2011 changed things from there on out. The most successful artist was suddenly someone who didn't wear outlandish costumes, dance, make upbeat pop music or have any kind of closed-off, fake persona. Here was a woman who wore simple black dresses, just stood on the spot and sang ballads and talked like an ordinary person in interviews and cackled like a fishwife. It was clear that this was the superstar the world wanted now. Hence, the MPG's started becoming a bit more relatable and down to earth after that, Gaga most notably. She stopped wearing sunglasses in interviews, made a habit of wearing casual clothes, had more simple music videos and started revealing more about her life. It's all very well maintaining a bit of mystery so people want to know more but keep it up too long and people will eventually think it's not worth finding out. Worse, they'll get the impression that you think you're above promotion and above the public. Beyonce has been around while being almost invisible for the last few years. She's put out two albums since 2018 and yet I feel like I haven't seen her since Lemonade in 2016. Naturally, younger generations won't be interested if they've barely seen this woman their entire life. Not being seen can be the death of a career. People's attention spans are too short to have the time for someone who only pops up once in a blue moon, just ask Xtina. I'd dread to think where Gaga's career would be now if she'd released nothing since Joanne or hadn't promoted any of her subsequent projects. Promo and presence has ensured that she's continuing to have #1 hits to this day whereas Beyonce hasn't had one since 2009. Her albums may sell but only the fans buy them. The singles aren't doing as well and they're for the public, so if she's not doing as well in the public eye, the likelihood of being seen as irrelevant rises.

You couldn’t have said it better. I totally agree. I LOVE Beyoncé but it feels like she has been missing from the public eye for 5 years. She needs to promote again.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Joaco95
On 8/4/2021 at 12:49 AM, ANTI WP said:

Maybe because they involved in the writing & producing session of their album not just writing your "writing credits"

OT : I remember seeing BIK's banner on my TV's patchwall atleast for a month ... it did received a lot of promo ... they need to stop pulling the race card 

The visual for BIK is stunning tho 😍

And what makes you think that Beyoncé is not involved with the writing, production sessions and even doesn't part of the creative process of the whole album? When we have tons of interviews with producers/writers who had worked with her saying how much she's involved with the whole process, grammys are racists afk and even adele (when she whon aoty over lemonade) questioned them:lolly:

Joaco95
On 8/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, River said:

Disney+ is still not available in Africa :saladga:

While Netflix is available in 54 African countries.

I would expect a big release of the movie while releasing the service in the continent, like really giving a beautiful gift to them.

BiK was available through another service in africa

Joaco95
9 hours ago, The Child said:

I am so glad Gaga dropped the whole mysterious thing she had on going on in the early years and she became relatable. Beyoncé needs to do this, people wanna see her, hear her, they wanna see her interact with fans, she needs to do Instagram lives, we need to see her being a mom, being a woman, going out etc .. if she keeps this god like image she has people will move on to someone else.

Ew no

That's her personal life, I want her to drop an album, not cringe worthly ig lives and all that stuff. 

I still don't get the whole "god like image" everyone talks about, she just decided to keep her private life, well... private and decides to drop whole ass project when she thinks she's ready without the preassure of the single flopping or album sales, I mean, in the 4 era she already said she doesn't like how the artists doesn't make actual whole albums but just quick generic singles they can easily sell (that's why we have so many awful #1 songs through this years) and as I said she wants to release her music whenever she feels it's ready.

Also idk why all coming for Beyonce when miss Tina was the one blaming Disney for not promoting lol

River
2 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

BiK was available through another service in africa

oh didn't know that, glad to hear that!!!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

The Child
3 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

Ew no

That's her personal life, I want her to drop an album, not cringe worthly ig lives and all that stuff. 

I still don't get the whole "god like image" everyone talks about, she just decided to keep her private life, well... private and decides to drop whole ass project when she thinks she's ready without the preassure of the single flopping or album sales, I mean, in the 4 era she already said she doesn't like how the artists doesn't make actual whole albums but just quick generic singles they can easily sell (that's why we have so many awful #1 songs through this years) and as I said she wants to release her music whenever she feels it's ready.

Also idk why all coming for Beyonce when miss Tina was the one blaming Disney for not promoting lol

Why would we be coming for Tina though? If someone is to blame for BIK underperformance it’s Beyoncé but as we already know she doesn’t care.

Black Is King just isn't that interesting. It's lot of half baked ideas. Instead of being focused on Black culture, Beyonce made it about herself. She isn't the culture, she is just part of it.

Archived