RAMROD

Ah, I see. this is for non rappers, otherwise Eminem will be #1 :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe
22 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I’m surprised to not see Mariah on here? :oprah: Edit nvm she is. I was just reading the top 50s. 

The fact that Katy is above Gaga. :enigma:

Katy barely wrote any of her music before Smile. :poot:

The actual genius behind those lyrics is Bonnie McKee.

Chlorine Sevigny
1 minute ago, RainingOnMe said:

Katy barely wrote any of her music before Smile. :poot:

The actual genius behind those lyrics is Bonnie McKee.

I assume they only counted songs written by the artist? Because otherwise this list is pointless. :billie:

alsemanche
6 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

this is meaningless anyway, fancy words doesn't equal deep and meaningful lyrics, it's funny, all the songs i've listened so far from her i found inmature, and it's ok, she's a teenager lol.

Pretends to be shocked at you dragging her lmao

Her lyrics were actually very mature for her age on her first album and the new album has some great lyrics too. 

Also no one said anything about using "fancy" words, it's about word variety. Billie has both varied and meaningful lyrics. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Pennywise
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

they used the top 100 modern pop stars list from Kworb and she's #6339

:bradley:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Roseblud Kisses

Words are not numbers though. These quantitative recreational games are so subadditive. It's like people who think using big words makes them sound smarter, when in actuality it's not what you got, it's how you use it.

Or not what you say, but how you say it.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Pennywise

There is no reason to be pressed, and yet,.some people never miss the opportunity :billie:

enissa11
30 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Pretends to be shocked at you dragging her lmao

Her lyrics were actually very mature for her age on her first album and the new album has some great lyrics too. 

Also no one said anything about using "fancy" words, it's about word variety. Billie has both varied and meaningful lyrics. 

mmm i don't have listened her entire first album, but bad guy, see me in a crown, when the party's over, wish u were gay etc are pretty immature.
I listened her entire first EP and is very immature too, her take on depression and self hatred i found valid but not very deep, then singing about how piss she is her friend is copying her doesn't help.
The only of her songs i've found interesting lyrically is Everything i wanted.

And no, by the source you cited is just fancy or "unique" words per regular words, as plain as math.

Mad Architect of Light

FFXIV WhiteMage
21 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

inmature.

*immature :heart:

I'm not surprised because her lyrical composition is actually robust. 

As for Gaga she's more of a showman than a lyricist so it's not a surprise either. However I thought TS will be up there since she likes to expound her lyrics as well but I guess she uses mundane words more often 

enissa11
Just now, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

*immature :heart:

I'm not surprised because her lyrical composition is actually robust. 

i'm sorry, i'm used to the word in Spanish :sweat: 

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
7 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

As for Gaga she's more of a showman than a lyricist so it's not a surprise either

i think gaga is a great lyricist, the way she address the male gaze and bisexuality in poker face comparing it as a game of poker is borderline genius to me, the same goes to paparazzi, she manages to make it a statement about celebrity culture, and it's unclear if it's the paparazzi chasing the celebrity or the other way around. just incredible.

Mad Architect of Light

PartySick

Michael at 80 :giveup:

King still has the best music I've ever heard :diane:

Billie's lyricism is super interesting, I just wish she would switch up her delivery. Happier Than Ever is the only track that stood out on her new album (listened to the whole thing last night) and it's because of the second half where she shows she can sing :emma: which makes me wonder why every other song sounds the same and has that same mumble/whisper-singing delivery.

I get that it's her style but I'm so bored of it already :deadbanana: it's Melanie Martinez all over again. It was interesting for one album but do something different please :deadbanana:

Didn't mean for that to be a mini rant, it just annoys me when good artists don't push themselves to do new things :laughga:

🖤

Togekiss

I wonder if they counted words in foreign languages as unique or if they counted ‘I’ and ‘Je’ as the same for example. Also is ear-condom one word or two? Lol

bring on that pecan pie

js4754394o9823

her vocabulary can be big, but her lyrics are not always thaat great imo
sometimes it feels like trying too hard
"says he's satan and he'd like to meet" for example feels soo cringy to me, idkk
no shade tho, i like the album

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

her vocabulary can be big, but her lyrics are not always thaat great imo
sometimes it feels like trying too hard
"says he's satan and he'd like to meet" for example feels soo cringy to me, idkk
no shade tho, i like the album

Except if Gaga had the same lyrics people here would be like "YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS SERVING US DARK POP TFM ERA QUEEEEEEEEENNNNNN YAAAASSSS SLAY MAMA WERKKKKK" 

:billie:

Archived