💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews and reactions to Gaga's performance on Twitter, why is everyone falling apart over here? Weren't we all expecting polarizing takes on Ridley's direction?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thehanyo
1 hour ago, QUEENH said:

My thoughts about Kristen and the attitude towards her are valid and correct. And Gaga would be embarrassed at her fans for talking about her like this. She has been the victim of twisted headlines many times. You're just mad i disagree with you because a lot of long term posters are way more negative aboyt Gaga than I ever will be. Acknowledging that she won't win this year doesn't reflect badly on her. She has received great reviews and her achievement speaks for itself. Second movie ever and she's going toe to toe with Al Pacino. 

My intention is to get her very vocal fandom ready for that fact that she may not even be nominated in such a stacked year. I hope she will but it is not a guarantee. I just do not want fans call a her a flop or attacking other actresses if she doesn't make it in. We have already been spoiled in 2019. She has nothing to prove to anyone. She did what she had to do. 

But sure, keep shading Kristen Stewart as if that's going to change anything. 

"her very vocal fandom"?

You're not part of that?

you cant sit with us mean girls GIF

hpmcmill
1 hour ago, Miel said:

What I'm weirdly most excited for is the dynamic between Gaga's and Hayek's acting. Has there been any notable talk about that as of yet?

All their scenes together were great. Natural and humorous. 

EvilBunny

Can you guys just post reactions and reviews here and stop being little bitches about everything surronding this movie? ****!!!!

PaoloGucci

I hope all the little monsters who've been harassing the critics will have the same energy for actually leaving verified audience reviews on RT but watch them be lazy and not do it.

1 hour ago, thehanyo said:

"her very vocal fandom"?

You're not part of that?

you cant sit with us mean girls GIF

Difference is i won't act like the world has ended if she's not nominated 

Just now, QUEENH said:

i don't need you putting this energy out in the universe sweetih :triggered: 

thehanyo
1 minute ago, QUEENH said:

You're literally not even a fan and you're just here to troll people. Rih-ported.

3 hours ago, QUEENH said:

And Gaga would be embarrassed at her fans for talking about her like this.

The only embarrasment here is you deciding to take time to create an account here just to throw shade, go find something better to do with your life.

elijahfan

Well well, entering this thread for the first time and boy am I not disappointed :laughga:

I really can't wait to see this film myself because I'm low-key tired of these contradictory reactions. The stakes are so high that I feel like no one is truly having a fair and unbiased reaction to it.

Regarding the Oscars discussion, I've only seen praise when it comes to Gaga's performance, so I'm fairly sure her nom is on lock even if the movie turns out not to be that great - if Renee Zellweger was able to get nominated and WIN for Judy, which was a pretty terrible film itself, I think our girl will be fine.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Well well, entering this thread for the first time and boy am I not disappointed :laughga:

I really can't wait to see this film myself because I'm low-key tired of these contradictory reactions. The stakes are so high that I feel like no one is truly having a fair and unbiased reaction to it.

Regarding the Oscars discussion, I've only seen praise when it comes to Gaga's performance, so I'm fairly sure her nom is on lock even if the movie turns out not to be that great - if Renee Zellweger was able to get nominated and WIN for Judy, which was a pretty terrible film itself, I think our girl will be fine.

I think she'll get nominated. As this is a more commercial film and not an arthouse film like Spencer or The Power of the Dog, box office can help her chances a lot...and as of now it's on track to do well. Not to mention the major outlets (and even some critics who hated the film) have her on the list. Also, multiple film critics/journalists have said that people at SAG screenings seemed to love her and Jared.

TBH, I highly doubt she'll win. The fact that the movie seems to be getting a mixed reception, that her career is 'new', etc. will all work against her. And it might be for the best—there's often some backlash when actors win for crowd-pleasing films that aren't exactly loved by the critics (Rami, Sandra, etc.). Now...I believe Jared will win. And that should be....interesting...as film twitter and even the blogs tend to hate the guy.

Lextyr97
9 hours ago, MOT said:

Can I offer a different perspective on this ? And by the way I am not someone who thinks she can do no wrong. I think she's a living genius, but perfect ? No.

So yeah, I thought she was a bit wooden in AHS, but I thought the part was a bit wooden more than her. In ASIB, I didn't think she was wooden at all. It's like watching your sister on screen, you have an emotional investment. You want to see Ally Maine on the screen, but you keep seeing this other person that you care about, pretending to be Ally Maine. If it was an actress that you didn't know or care about at all, you might see it differently.

100% agree with this. When I watch my cousin’s shows, I watch him with a COMPLETELY different lens than I do the rest of the cast so I have to constantly remind myself to change how I’m watching and interpreting his performance. During my third watch of A Star is Born was when I realized just how well Gaga did. The first two times I also thought she was a bit wooden but that changed afterwards

14 hours ago, GipJo said:

Is it boring because you expected Gaga's performance but it's not so you don't feel interested kind of boring or the story isn't drama enough kind of boring?

Nothing in the movie is boring, it just lacks the energy that is present in the middle of the movie when this is when the story should be reaching the climax. 

Gaga, Pacino, and Leto played the most interesting characters in the movie and all of them are sidelined for the machinations of Driver and a third party that comes in during this section, so the dynamics we care about are gone and the ones being shown feel like padding.

The film to that point kinda makes you most interested in (I'm careful not to say rooting for, but that's the idea) mainly Patrizia and Maurizio is someone she loves and also uses as part of her power play but you also forget about him as his own character unattached to Patrizia (even though his family's dynamics are the movie). The third act flips that, where you take an interest in Maurizio (but with a greater emphasis on his negative characteristics) and Patrizia just kinda occasionally exists but everything is about her relation to Maurizio. And Maurizio is just a less interesting character.

And I want to talk about the murder scene but I'm not sure how to express an opinion on it that isn't going to unfairly spoil the movie or paint an opinion on it.

Archived