Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

It's just like any other awards show. Gaga doesn't care and neither should we. She didn't do this for some stupid Rotten Tomatoes number lol she did this for the culture. 

Yeah but LMs still need to review the movie on RT. It's the one thing that's keeping this movie alive. If the score goes down, and fewer people go watch it in the next few weeks, the studio will pull the plug just like the last duel.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown
27 minutes ago, ThisBitch said:

Saw it last night and Gaga truly did that! The editing was all over the place and many of the male actors acted like they were in different movies but Gaga kept this film together! 

Tbh I feel like the main group (Gaga, Driver, Pacino, and Leto) we’re all pretty perfectly in sync ngl 

ChicaSkas
6 hours ago, Ronk said:

Exactly.  Kids wouldn't enjoy it at all and parents wouldn't take them to see it regardless of the rating.

When I was a kid my aunt took my cousin and I to see a movie called Boy on a Dolphin because of the title.  We were 13 years old.  It turned out the movie was not about a boy on a dolphin, but about a statue of a boy on a dolphin.  For a kid it was terribly boring and we couldn't wait to get out of there.  I'm sure parents would know what HOG is about generally and there is no way they would take a kid no matter what the rating.

Oh my god I could NEVER take a child to H.O.G. 

The office scene ALONE, I just cant....even... ugh... 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Kim Petrus
25 minutes ago, Najoua Belyzel said:

I went to see the movie with @Kim Petass in a sold out theater, it was a mess but the rah rah bish did THATend of days space GIF

Im dead right now

She came, she played, she shined.

She clearly is the moment

Lady Gaga Good Job GIF by House of Gucci

(idk if are supposed to leave our "reviews" here)

Just got home from the movie. Finally i can read all the freaking threads at ease, without fearing spoilers. 

Just wanted to leave this here, cause my worst fear watching Gaga in a movie it's not to be able to forget her lol.

She sold me Patrizia, Gaga sold me Patrizia throughout out the movie, at her 20s, 30s, 40s...and that's the best compliment that i can give her, cause you see, any actor can sell me, more or less a character, but my level of scrutiny with Gaga it's too big, it's like subconsciously I'm always looking for her, it's a music video, an interview, etc, it's to much information about her in my mind. I still have this fear that maybe i can't make past her and she can't make me forget her. And that's not quite fair lol cause i don't analyse any other actor like that.

The things is she truly sold Patrizia, she lived and embodied Patrizia... subtle expressions, incisive and very expressive looks loaded with meaning, etc, etc, etc. I feel she is just getting better and better. I have my mind full of certain expressions during the movie that are that person, Patrizia, no traits of Gaga whatsoever :applause: ( Sorry for my weird opinion but i feel that the only people that will understand this could only be on this site :ladyhaha:)

About the movie, it wasn't boring, i was actually very attentive the all time, i feared that, cause all the reviews.  I laugh a lot, which i wasn't expecting. Definitely could have being paced or edited better. Although I might say it didn't bother me, to me, the movie could still be right to way it it is, but  i just think that adding two scenes more would make it much better. ( Will talk about it tomorrow when I have more time)

That said,  i enjoyed the movie, it wasn't the most entertaining, spectacular movie i ever watched, but it told a story, definitely love the cast, the cinematography, the music ( my legs were always dancing lol), the costumes, and the more important, had good time watching it. A lot people like numbers here so i would give it 7,5.

And honestly i want more movies from her, she's good at it, she totally has it in her, a great acting talent. There's no better feeling regarding being a fan of an artist than be surprised by it, like thinking you nailed this too, you really nailed it! 

franminervini

Second day in a row at #1 in France. Let's see during the weekend as the kids will be free so I guess Encanto will go up again.

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

Gaga slayed, as usual. This was the first time I watched her as her character, and not Gaga herself. She was always great and getting better at acting, but AHS and ASIB naturally made me think of her as Gaga. (Guest star and singer role) She shined throughout the film and carried it imo. No exaggeration, she was REALLY good, many people exiting the movie theater said the same, including my friends.

The editing could have been better, but I also liked that it dragged on. If it was a faster pace movie, it would have been viewed as any other 90 minute comedy/crime movie. Ridley did a great job with such a talented, well-known cast, otherwise it wouldn't be as popular. I'm glad it doesn't conform to anyone's expectations yet can still getting attention, it's different, which is what makes it special. I hope others understand what I mean.

Remember to go see the movie again one more time, maybe two times.

But what you should really do is buy 20 tickets just in case.

Just A Holy Fool

I saw it tonight, and honestly it was an enjoyable movie, and Gaga embodied Patrizia, but the film has a lot of issues. The editing and pacing was really jarring, and it seemed Ridley just did not know what tone to strike with this. One minute it was camp, the next deep drama and in some scenes jumped between the two. I also found the chemistry awkward AF between Adam and Gaga.  

Gaga really got to sink her teeth into this role in the later half of the movie and she was absolutely phenomenal. I really hope she is recognized with at least a nomination. Her scenes opposite Camille Coltrin were especially delicious. I loved the chemistry between them. 

Aside from Gaga, Al Pacino was the highlight for me. Every scene he was in was marvellous. I was put off by Leto, it just was too ham and somewhat offensive to me. He seems to be getting the most buzz since the film’s release and I will be very upset if he gets a nomination and Gaga misses. 

6.5/10, definitely worth seeing, probably wouldn’t watch the whole thing again though. 

stevana229

I'm sorry but the movie was a MAJOR snooze fest. Gaga did amazing of course but the movie had zero plot.. they could have made it more exciting.. so much of the movie was so boring and uneventful 

BARKDANGER

I saw the movie tonight. Gaga was amazing!!!! 

However, the movie as a whole was a let down. The tone, pace, and story was all over the place without a central story or narrative to follow. I wasn’t sure who to connect with.

As a fan of Gaga, who I have followed since 2008, was the only reason I went to see House Of Gucci. If Gaga wasn’t in the movie, I wouldn’t have went to see the movie. That alone speaks volumes to why I went to the theaters, mind you the closest theater is 30 minutes away. 

Any time to see Gaga on a 50 foot plus screen, I will go just to see that. But the movie…was over hyped. I have seen other Ridley Scott films, and his take on House of Gucci, wasn’t anything to go to theater to see. I thought I was watching a Lifetime TV movie. The cinematography was nothing grand and it wasn’t the spectacular I was hoping to experience. In conclusion, Gaga delivered, but I don’t think the script did her justice. It just didn’t hit as hard as A Star Is Born; Emotionally or repeat value wise.  Will I see it again in theaters, no. Will I buy House of Gucci on Blu Ray. Yes. 

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

I watched the movie once again with my friends who all work in fashion and they all LOVED it! They were so fascinated by the history and couldn’t believe the events :ladyhaha:

Now they’re recommending it to all of their friends :party:

LilyLark

So I just saw it...

I very much enjoyed the film, although I did think it had some issues (mainly the editing and tone). If I had to give it a grade, I would say it was a solid B/B+ while ASIB was an A film. However, I thought Gaga was excellent—I actually found her to be far better in Gucci than ASIB ( and I thought she was great in ASIB). She was incredibly magnetic on screen (the critics who brought that up were on the money). She absolutely deserves a nomination, imo, as she made the movie.

Al was also very good...Jared was...interesting. Sometimes I thought he was funny and great, sometimes it was too much. Again, I do think that's on Ridley, though (the issues with the tone). Al and Gaga were acting like they were in American Hustle, Jared was full on Ryan Murphy, and Adam was too sedate & naturalistic compared to the more stylized performances. TBH it shocked me that I thought Adam was the weakest link because of the group...imo he's usually the strongest actor (just not in this movie, though). Don't get me wrong, Al is a legend, but he often phones it in nowadays compared to Adam. But while Adam had the role of the 'straight' man, I thought he played it a little too 'straight laced/serious.'

Anyway, the crowd LOVED Jared and Gaga. A lot of critics have discussed that SAG ate up Jared and Gaga, and while I think Al deserves the nom over Jared...I wouldn't be shocked if Jared is the one who gets a nom. I doubt the film will be nominated for best picture, but I could do think costume design, hair/make up, Gaga, and Jared will probably be nominated (and I hope Al gets in there, too).

I will say after seeing the movie, I wish Paul Verhoeven would have been the director with a slightly different script...but the same cast. I feel like he would have leaned more into the camp/dramedy tones and played up the sex even more. And I suspect the longer cut (you can tell Ridley cut quite a bit) would probably elevate this film from a solid B/B+ to an A.

Archived