Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

littlepotter
7 hours ago, lordgagx said:

Can you log off from the forum for a bit ? you pop up every 2 pages with negativity and try to disguise it as "reality".
Go watch the movie, enjoy it and stop caring left and right about what people think, jeez.

I'm sorry if it comes up a bit harsh, but you need to chill. 

Nik rabboooooo 

chaeri pls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalon x
18 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Yeah I mean… I agree w the 60 scores. Hate to say it but this movie felt like a bunch of scenes that didn’t really tell a story idk :/ A lot of confusing moments and huge times skips… some really good moments like the soccer game one. Gaga killed it. So proud of her. I hope the movie is a success but personally I didn’t really love it… probably bc I kinda knew how it’d end. Just me idk 💕

Wow, this pretty much sums up how I felt about the movie.

I just watched it today and I want to start with this. I do have mixed feelings about the movie but that being said I would definitely watch it again in theatres. 

First of all, Gaga was a firecracker on screen. Like Jared said she was definitely unpredictable and made amazing choices in her acting. I feel the first trailer showcased some wrong takes which made her look stiffer (and sound kinda Russian) but the movie didn't use a lot of them and she sounded smooth and natural throughout. I didn't particularly like some of her last scenes (starting from when Maurizio told her to go away from the ski resort) but maybe I just didn't want to see her angry. (I'll feel better about them on the 2nd watch)

Now let's come to the movie. I personally expected more scenes that are exciting and visually stunning but I wasn't super impressed with the cinematography. They felt a little dull and flat (as opposed to the cast and the set and the costumes which did all the heavy lifting). I didn't think the movie was too long but there were some scenes that didn't really make sense like "Why is this scene here? Where is this going?". The storytelling for me wasn't particularly great and neither was the ending. It was a bit cheesy and anticlimactic. 

Overall I kinda agree with the general consensus that the movie is a bit average but that the cast, especially Gaga, is stunning. I don't care about scores and ratings but 5.5/6.0 seems fair. Hope it does great in the box office though and Gaga gets the recognition that she deserves.  :heart:

P.S Jack Huston is hot and Jared Leto's character was adorable. The end.

ConnorFilm

The film got 4 positive reviews and 3 negative ones today. Here's hoping they add more positive reviews the next few days. We are still missing positive reviews from Vanity Fair, Collider, Independent, etc. The film briefly went back up to 62% this morning, so if reviews can at least be balanced between neg and pos, it should stay around 60-62%. We just can't get anymore negative reviews from RT Top Critics. Those have more weight than regular negative reviews. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

France said yaas to HoG and no to Encanto. And Gaga didn't even go there to promote.

This is amazing news, they didn't even visit France for promo :ladyhaha:

How is HoG doing in Italy and UK? 

5 minutes ago, SAMSVQ said:

This is amazing news, they didn't even visit France for promo :ladyhaha:

How is HoG doing in Italy and UK? 

It is releasing in UK on the 26th and Italy in December 

DanielM

There was a reason for the embargo to be left so close to the release date after all. :ladyhaha: This kind of review would have killed the movie prospects if people had access to it weeks ago. So I think MGM did well with the embargo because now the hype is so high, the marketing campaign was so good that people don't even care about critics' opinions. People really want to watch this film. I'm delighted to see everybody talking about Gaga. 

LateToCult

Not new but I just saw Deadline’s projections for HoG’s five day box office and it’s the buzz I needed. :firega:

1 hour ago, DanielM said:

There was a reason for the embargo to be left so close to the release date after all. :ladyhaha: This kind of review would have killed the movie prospects if people had access to it weeks ago. So I think MGM did well with the embargo because now the hype is so high, the marketing campaign was so good that people don't even care about critics' opinions. People really want to watch this film. I'm delighted to see everybody talking about Gaga. 

And the best part is that there are still plenty of A list publications that are praising the movie to high heavens. Variety is calling it the best Ridley Scott movie since Gladiator. LA Times (which were not very kind to Gaga in the past) are calling her one of the best actresses of the year. Let’s pray that the buzz lasts till January-February and Gaga is nominated for several major awards. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

badfaith
24 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Brace for today's numbers, hopefully 4M+ 

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

When is it coming out?

Archived