đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Billie Eilish: Happier Than Ever (album)

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Anderson123
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She's definitely maturing and growing as an artist. I love the vintage music inspirations for this while still keeping things modern. The singles I found were all solid apart from My Future which is a good sign I was going to enjoy the album as a whole as I'm usually preferring of album tracks. My favourite non-album tracks were I Didn't Change My Number, Oxytocin, Halley's Comet, Everybody Dies and Happier Than Ever. That electric guitar bit with all those extended lyrics had me shook! I don't think the final track worked as an album closer and should've been switched around with Happier Than Ever but it's just about the entire album experience at the end of the day. I knew her follow-up would likely be better as young artists need time to develop their sound. Now, this is the album that deserves to win many Grammys, but I have a feeling it's not going to be that way this time, even though it's getting acclaim right now, the academy's weird like that.

I agree that knowing the Grammys this is probably going to walk away with 1-2 awards but at the end of the day she outdid herself with her sophomore album, something not a lot of artists can do. Especially because she pretty much won everything she could by the age of 18 for an album that she created with her brother at home. That's pretty amazing.

-

It's been so long since I've gotten an album I can listen to from start to finish and enjoy it this much. I feel like this is going to make me take a small break from Chromatica because even though I love that so much, it's healthy to put it away for a bit, will make the re-listening experience more enjoyable. I've been listening to it every day since May 2020.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
10 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I've just been listening to this today. The album is sooooo good and so much better than I was expecting. There are some songs that are so addictive like Oxytocin. I even found myself liking Your Power and I never liked it before.

I really appreciate how she does her own thing and her music is different to everyone else's. 

I also am addicted to Oxytocin :billie: and Your Power has DEF grown on me as I listened to it once before the album and never thought I'd listen to it again. She really is an innovator and stays true to her art. We love to see it!

BlingNotTheMusic

I listened twice last night and had it on replay all day today, I'm obsessed! Haters can seethe because she's continuing to grow as an artist and is bringing production, lyrics, vocals, concepts, etc that her peers lack. Also, she doesn't use her body to sell music. It's all about the art. 

Top 5 (which is hard to pick)

1) Oxytocin - THIS is the sound I've wanted from Gaga for so long. Industrial/Experimental house YES

2) I Didn't Change My Number - Okay at first I found it ok, kinda intrusive on the ears at times but now I love it

3) NDA - Oxytocin's little sister

4) Happier Than Ever - OKKKKK this SH*TS on "drivers license" like holy f***! The production is insane!

5) Lost Cause - This is so Fiona Apple/Alanis and I am SO here for it!!

Truly a timeless album, thank GOD there's no trap. And Miss Billie is h*rny on this album, get it girl! Love to see her come into her own as a woman and own it. I love how she continued the vulnerability with this album but in a different way than her first. 

I would argue that her 2nd album is better than her first but I'm probably biased. One of, if not the best, of the year so far.

Morphine Prince

The more I listen the better it gets. 

I’ve been listening all day and I can’t even pick a top 3 or 5 cause so many are so good. 

Another timeless album (just as she described). 

I’d argue this album will age better than WWAFAWDWG. 

Also, it’s crazy how more mature this album sounds. 

Morphine Prince

On a more critical note: Lost Cause is the worst song on the album (I still like it though) and it’s so funny she chose it as a promo single. 

Therefore I Am sounds out of place on this album tbh. 

reallydima

I like it but won't be stanning. Like Goldwing, the title song, and Oxytocin. 

BlingNotTheMusic
5 hours ago, reallydimitry said:

I like it but won't be stanning. Like Goldwing, the title song, and Oxytocin. 

Please Sit Down Billie Eilish GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Admin

My favorites are Your Power, Oxytonin, and Billie Bossa Nova, but every song is honestly a 9 or a 10. I am so floored.

TheSlash
15 minutes ago, Admin said:

My favorites are Your Power, Oxytonin, and Billie Bossa Nova, but every song is honestly a 9 or a 10. I am so floored.

Then vote here :hor: :

Spoiler

The audacity I have to shamelessly promote my megarate to Admin :billie:

Ew, David!

alsemanche

FINALLY listened to the album

I'm.... wow? This was so f*cking good. I was afraid I would be disappointed after seeing all the reactions and getting overhyped but oh my god that was amazing. She really delivered is all aspects and I'm so SO impressed. 

My favorites are Billie Bossa Nova, my future, Oxytocin, GOLDWING, Halley's Comet, NDA, and Happier Than Ever (that's after the first listen). 

Oxytocin was so f*cking good I'm actually so shook??? It's nothing I ever expected her to do

AND HAPPIER THAN EVER???? HOLY F*CK SHE SNAPPED SO HARD??? I knew the song would shift at some point but I did not expect THAT shift omfg...... AND HER VOCALS??? I STILL CAN'T PROCESS THAT SONG 

I have to say though, Lost Cause and Therefore I Am shouldn't have been on the album. Lost Cause fits the sound to a certain extent but it's just not a good song, and Therefore I Am sounds out of place, especially between two amazing songs like NDA and Happier Than Ever. Also I wish they flipped the last two tracks and made the title track the last song because it's the PERFECT closer. 

But anyway this album a f*cking serve and I can't wait to listen again on headphones. I can already see it becoming my favorite album of the year on second listen. Billie truly delivered. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Agunimon

I like the title track for sure but I'm not sure how people are sleeping on GOLDWING in favor of Happier Than Ever. It's so much better in my opinion and it's sad to see nobody seems to agree. :( I really thought it would have been the most talked about track. Especially following Oxytocin.

BlingNotTheMusic
25 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I like the title track for sure but I'm not sure how people are sleeping on GOLDWING in favor of Happier Than Ever. It's so much better in my opinion and it's sad to see nobody seems to agree. :( I really thought it would have been the most talked about track. Especially following Oxytocin.

I think GOLDWING is good but for some reason I didn't find it memorable. Just my opinion.

Anderson123
35 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Goldwing and Halley's Comet are beautiful and really good songs not a lot talk about. I think people are still getting to know the album since it has 16 tracks and in my opinion NONE of them are bad at all. I think the title track is one of the biggest surprised of the album but you're right, there's plenty of other really good songs.

TheSlash
44 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

7 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Goldwing and Halley's Comet are beautiful and really good songs not a lot talk about. I think people are still getting to know the album since it has 16 tracks and in my opinion NONE of them are bad at all. I think the title track is one of the biggest surprised of the album but you're right, there's plenty of other really good songs.

Agreed on both. I noticed it with myself. Only after like 20 listens to the album songs like GOLDWING, OverHeated and Halley's Comet started to REALLY grow on me.

Spoiler

I have to say though that I was actively anticipating Halley's Comet and it growing on me was basically a given :huntyga: 

Ew, David!

Morphine Prince

So on the Spotify notes thing Billie said she didn’t end the album with HTE cause she didn’t want to end the album angry. 

And the last line of Male Fantasy is “I know I should, but I could never hate you”

Which honestly is great. It shows the album is about heartbreak but it’s also about maturing and healing. 

It’s cathartic and the title “Happier Than Ever” is true. Maybe she is the happiest she’s been and showcasing her journey to that point is what the album basically is. 

That’s my interpretation of it, anyway. 

Archived