💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival

WhereIsLG7

Featured Posts

LilyLark
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

The thing is Ridley was working on the Last Duel, which wrapped about a month before House of Gucci, too, and he's allegedly very involved with overseeing post production, too.

Venice will consider mostly finished films via submission if they are ready in time by the festival starts, on occasion, but I'm not shocked that Ridley wasn't able to "mostly" finish the film in 2 months to submit it considering his age, the Last Duel, and COVID.

The problem is this very well could create some negative buzz if it's held...even though it's not uncommon for films to be held for a while.

Add on: Basically, if Ridley hadn't been working on the Last Duel I would think there may be an issue...but that' s not the case.

Also, I wonder where the source of this is? I like Film Updates, but it's not always correct.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stef

Odds of this getting pushed back to spring 22 :poot: place ur bets now 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, Stef said:

Of the Ridley films...I'd be side-eyeing the Last Duel more in terms of possibly being pushed back...as it just released a trailer and was wrapped before House of Gucci & yet hasn't been announced at any of the big festivals so far. TIFF, Telluride, and NYFF, and L.A. Film Festival are still in the mix, though, so anything's possible for the Last Duel and Gucci. Telluride's the big tell....95% of the films that shown there are Oscar bait. TIFF has more commercial films + regular old indie films in addition to Oscar bait...NYFF is more exclusive than TIFF but is sort of the same thing. However, Telluride over the past five years has basically had a good chunk of the Oscar nominated films shown or premiere there.

If there's no news about Gucci in the six weeks or so, though, I think it's safe to say that it's been pushed back to '22 (either a spring release or for next year's awards season).

RAMROD

No trailer on 29th then? :gum:   :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LilyLark

Verryyy interesting that there's nothing on Blonde. Everyone expected it to be a major Oscar player and it wrapped a while ago...but nada at Cannes or Venice.

MelbHawker

i was only looking forward to Sept because of her Venice looks omg 
David Rose Omg GIF by Schitt's Creek

LilyLark

Oh interesting. Last Duel is out of comp. at Venice (which is a bit of a red flag, as a huge project like that with major A listers would usually be in comp. unless it was a commercial film...and Last Duel most definitely does not seem like a commercial film) So Ridley had one film finished, or at least "finished" enough to have been submitted to the festival...

I'd still wait for Telluride, though, before assuming Gucci has been pushed back to Spring or next awards season.

Economy
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

But isn’t the trailer supposed to be out in 3 days? :messga:

1 hour ago, WhereIsLG7 said:

Soooooo is it safe to assume that there's no trailer on the 29th? Neyde Spears GIF

1 hour ago, Bradley said:

We don't know. The Batman released a trailer when it was still shooting.

Trailers use a handful of scenes. You could film only one tenth of a movie and still make a trailer.

If it gets pushed back its cuz they dont wanna release it yet with the movie behind not cuz they couldnt make one

Economy
42 minutes ago, Stef said:

Anything involving Gaga is always like rolling a dice :toofunny:

Killa

I was gonna be at the biennale, i would def had the opportunity to meet her. God this is such a karma

DoremonLove

Is there any other big festival we can get excited abt:cryga:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, DoremonLove said:

Is there any other big festival we can get excited abt:cryga:

No❤️

• FATCAT changed the title to HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival

Archived