💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Madonna - Beautiful Stranger HD x Maxi Single

Joshua James

Featured Posts

MACATL

Love this song!  Madonna free style dancing, though, makes me wonder how she was ever trying to be a professional dancer.  

River

I've been playing Hollywood a lot in my head lately idk why, new earmworm

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Jill

I always had the curiosity. Are these videos filmed originally in HD and then downgraded, or are they upgraded artificially after the fact? I'm guessing the former but idk

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Madame Goo Goo
6 minutes ago, Jill said:

I always had the curiosity. Are these videos filmed originally in HD and then downgraded, or are they upgraded artificially after the fact? I'm guessing the former but idk

A mix of both! My friend's uncle is the one remastering the videos and for some he has a raw file, but for others he has to manully remaster them frame-by-frame. This is why some are better than others. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Jill
1 minute ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

A mix of both! My friend's uncle is the one remastering the videos and for some he has a raw file, but for others he has to manully remaster them frame-by-frame. This is why some are better than others. 

That's interesting! Though I imagine doing them frame by frame is really nerve wracking :smh:

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Cruelty

So it turns out this might have been my first Madonna song... I remember dancing around to something on a compilation CD when I was like 4 years old, but I never knew what it was until a few years ago when I listened to Beautiful Stranger and was just hit by this wave of nostalgia :nooo:

Lady Adga
2 hours ago, Jill said:

It depends on how each video was originally recorded. Some, not all, were recorded with very cheap cameras and others used more expensive equipment, as in the video of Last Christmas by Wham! (1985), for example, which was recorded with a film format (which was more expensive and that is why not everyone recorded music videos like that), which can increase the resolution without losing details, and that is why now, going to the original negative, it was possible to obtain a wonderful quality in 4K. The low quality video that circulated on YouTube was a version that was optimized for broadcasting on television at that time, so the image was not very good. In itself most of the music videos were recorded with a good resolution (but not in cinema format, but in television format at that time, 4:3, that's why many have black stripes; now we use the 16:9 widescreen format), most only with the probability of reaching 720p HD/1080p Full HD, without getting distorted. All these "remastered, HD, 4K, etc." videos that are coming out of old videos are mostly the original files, some are retouched, rescaled.... Some lost the original files, and had to resort to DVD's, etc, etc, etc, etc. I don't know much about it, but that's more or less the way it is. 

JusKeepBreathin

Love this song.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

sillynate
4 hours ago, River said:

I've been playing Hollywood a lot in my head lately idk why, new earmworm

July is the anniversary for Hollywood remixes and us Madonna stans were expecting the remixes to drop by that date but she hasn’t released any remixes since Beautiful Stranger in May :fatcat: 

Archived