Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

American Horror Stories - Discussion

Perfume

Featured Posts

VoidTwo

okay I finally got to see all of the three episodes. I'm seriously disappointed and concerned: as a die hard horror fan I've always found something to enjoy or to save even in AHS' worst seasons. This one is simply a mess: the first two episodes look like a lame reboot of the murder house trope and they don't actually explain **** about that damn rubber suit. I liked about three scenes and called out every "twist" five minutes before it happened. Then, the third episode had a better story but that was all: it's a ripoff of Demons, Anguish and Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter (all of those films are at least well executed in their "movie influencing audience" development), the actors were awful (yes, even Naomi Grossman and that fake scissors-in-eye prop that shows her closed eye beneath the prosthetic piece) and the direction of every episode looked very flat. At least AHS, even at its lowest point, had some cool camera work.

Then I'm going to say a thing you will all hate, so I apologize in advantage but I've got to say this: we all got that Ryan Murphy is gay. Stop remarking it in every episode of every show adding stereotypical gay characters who end up being annoying or gratuitous just for the sake of the "look I'm inclusive, accepting and fighting for equality" thing. It's becoming tired and awkward. I'm not saying that he shouldn't include gay characters and all, but at least make them enjoyable or deep enough to root for them, not a bunch of badly written gay couples with a clichéd lesbian daughter and a "don't fear the ****!" femme guy acting like in a campy school play. And don't get me started on the lame "I googled it" "4chan says that", whatsapp emojis and Kim Petras in the soundtrack: we can see the main characters are shallow teenagers, don't shove it down our throats like that. 

I'm still looking forward for the next episodes, especially the Ba'al and the Christmas ones, but these three were terrible.

Geez. Sorry, I got triggered too much because I love good horror and they all butchered good premises with this series.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
judaspriest
2 hours ago, VoidTwo said:

okay I finally got to see all of the three episodes. I'm seriously disappointed and concerned: as a die hard horror fan I've always found something to enjoy or to save even in AHS' worst seasons. This one is simply a mess: the first two episodes look like a lame reboot of the murder house trope and they don't actually explain **** about that damn rubber suit. I liked about three scenes and called out every "twist" five minutes before it happened. Then, the third episode had a better story but that was all: it's a ripoff of Demons, Anguish and Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter (all of those films are at least well executed in their "movie influencing audience" development), the actors were awful (yes, even Naomi Grossman and that fake scissors-in-eye prop that shows her closed eye beneath the prosthetic piece) and the direction of every episode looked very flat. At least AHS, even at its lowest point, had some cool camera work.

Then I'm going to say a thing you will all hate, so I apologize in advantage but I've got to say this: we all got that Ryan Murphy is gay. Stop remarking it in every episode of every show adding stereotypical gay characters who end up being annoying or gratuitous just for the sake of the "look I'm inclusive, accepting and fighting for equality" thing. It's becoming tired and awkward. I'm not saying that he shouldn't include gay characters and all, but at least make them enjoyable or deep enough to root for them, not a bunch of badly written gay couples with a clichéd lesbian daughter and a "don't fear the ****!" femme guy acting like in a campy school play. And don't get me started on the lame "I googled it" "4chan says that", whatsapp emojis and Kim Petras in the soundtrack: we can see the main characters are shallow teenagers, don't shove it down our throats like that. 

I'm still looking forward for the next episodes, especially the Ba'al and the Christmas ones, but these three were terrible.

Geez. Sorry, I got triggered too much because I love good horror and they all butchered good premises with this series.

I enjoyed it 'cause I'm a sucker for the photography and watching prom queens getting what they deserve, but I have to say you're not wrong. The gay daughter saying to her gay parents that they should like Madonna and Britney because they're gay was just :air: and :triggered:

Luke78619
3 hours ago, VoidTwo said:

Then I'm going to say a thing you will all hate, so I apologize in advantage but I've got to say this: we all got that Ryan Murphy is gay. Stop remarking it in every episode of every show adding stereotypical gay characters who end up being annoying or gratuitous just for the sake of the "look I'm inclusive, accepting and fighting for equality" thing. It's becoming tired and awkward. I'm not saying that he shouldn't include gay characters and all, but at least make them enjoyable or deep enough to root for them, not a bunch of badly written gay couples with a clichéd lesbian daughter and a "don't fear the ****!" femme guy acting like in a campy school play. And don't get me started on the lame "I googled it" "4chan says that", whatsapp emojis and Kim Petras in the soundtrack: we can see the main characters are shallow teenagers, don't shove it down our throats like that

At least it’s not just me who thinks this :air: like at the beginning of the series, there was a reason or depth behind the gay characters, like MH gay couple were killed because they couldn’t have a child for the ghosts, Asylum had Lana wrongfully imprisoned for being a lesbian, freak show had a closeted, muscled character that was developed on

but then hotel came around and everyone and their aunt was gay, really took away from the horror. Roanoke had even play a gay character just for the gay scenes, the same thing happened in cult for one scene with Colton Haynes, and apocalypse had him as a gay character again just for one scene of him with the rubber man :rip: 

like, if Ryan wants to see these actors get it on, at least make it less obvious :air: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

judaspriest

Wes Bentley was the only straight person in that hotel lol, everyone else was bi at the very least

VoidTwo
1 hour ago, Luke78619 said:

like, if Ryan wants to see these actors get it on, at least make it less obvious :air: 

Totally. The gay subplots were unnecessary even in Freak Show tbh. I don't know if you have seen Hollywood but that is the apotheosis of this topic. 

Dominic

The first 2 were a real struggle to get through. Is it worth giving 3 a go or? I just need some horror? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Daenerys
6 minutes ago, Dominic said:

The first 2 were a real struggle to get through. Is it worth giving 3 a go or? I just need some horror? 

It’s not… good but it’s also not bad. I’d say watch it because the premise of it is fun, other than that really expect a typical horror story type of episode so keep your expectations low 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Dominic said:

I didn't even finish the second one. I got to the part where some construction worker killed some guy and stuck him in the wall and demanded mouth and hole privileges with the guys who are married, which was pretty hot. But the rest of what was going on were so stupid and the acting was so bad.

IllusionLover
On 7/22/2021 at 3:36 PM, Luke78619 said:

I liked this episode, I just wish the main event lasted longer, there was like 25 mins left I think and nothing happened yet :sweat: I liked the pacing but would’ve benefited from being a longer episode to make the middle part longer 

this was a cool idea tbh, and I liked the end scene but I highly doubt it would’ve been put on Netflix that quickly :sweat: also could’ve done without the sex scene with that song, made it feel more like a teenage programme than a horror series :sweat:

Also that song was on the last episode, i think it's the series theme or something.

Also with the Netflix thing i just feel this episode isn't really inside the AHS universe, cause that would mean everyone would kill each other, unlike the first 2 episodes that are in the MH

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

judaspriest
3 hours ago, Agunimon said:

the part where some construction worker killed some guy and stuck him in the wall and demanded mouth and hole privileges with the guys who are married, which was pretty hot. 

Also pretty :triggered:

IllusionLover
6 hours ago, Will Graham said:

I enjoyed it 'cause I'm a sucker for the photography and watching prom queens getting what they deserve, but I have to say you're not wrong. The gay daughter saying to her gay parents that they should like Madonna and Britney because they're gay was just :air: and :triggered:

I bet they didn't mention Gaga because she's a character on the show :oprah: also speaking of Gaga in the second episode during the Freak Show there was a performer on the background dressed like Gaga's Roanoke character, you can barely see her but had the same horns and everything.

IllusionLover

Okay about episode 3 i didn't liked it cause it scared the **** out of me during the drive in part, but i liked it for that, also I found a Freak Show reference on the director's trailer, there was a clown toy which is a reference to Twisty which is played by James Carroll Lynch who played the director in this episode.

judaspriest
8 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

I bet they didn't mention Gaga because she's a character on the show :oprah: also speaking of Gaga in the second episode during the Freak Show there was a performer on the background dressed like Gaga's Roanoke character, you can barely see her but had the same horns and everything.

I saw her! Concerning the other thing though, Mr Murphy ought to know that music has no sexual orientation, and anyone can like anything 

Agunimon

Episode 3 was SO much better than the first two, and had SO much better acting in my opinion. It's still not something I take seriously, but it was a huge step up. Gonna check out episode 4.

Enigma
10 hours ago, VoidTwo said:

You said it all.

This is utter dog ****, literally the worst TV I’ve ever watched and I wish I was being hyperbolic.

Archived