:

:

:

other

Billie Eilish faces backlash after sharing fav cartoon character

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Billie Eilish is facing criticism once again in the wake of an old interview resurfacing in which she reveals her favourite cartoon character.

The Boondocks is a sitcom written by a Black creator which is filled with jokes about the Black community.

Eilish’s favourite character, Cindy, is a white girl known for using a ‘blaccent’ and has interests in stereotypically Black things.

People on social media have since criticised Billie for her comments.
One person wrote, ‘The show is literally based off of black stereotypes that black people can laugh at… Cindy’s whole character is pretending to be black so the fact that she relates to her is a little concerning.’
Another wrote:  'So she think about pretending to be Black? Cuz that’s basically Cindy’s character' and
‘That character was literally placed in the Boondocks to satirize white girls who build their entire personality off hip-hop culture… And that’s her fave.’

source

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToxicHot

Okay? :awkney: I’m not a Billie fan whatsoever but she didn’t actually do anything wrong lmao. Questionable taste, definitely, but this doesn’t make her a RACIST????

Not defending though because I actually don’t care that much. :poot: But someone is obviously trying to take her down.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

alsemanche

At this point im convinced someone is trying to sabotage her and brainless stans are just following along with it :poot:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Lilmonzter

Maybe she doesn't know the cultural reference. 

Or she's related to that rachel dolezal woman. 

Either way she needs to go rehab and sort this out :legend:

Sing C'est la vie 

Cello

She's like 15 here...

This girl has been a loud and proud supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement, anyone giving her "backlash" for this needs to get a life outside of toxic stan culture.

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

Chesescake

I was reading comments, don't really understand this part. Can someone explain it?

• Teletubby changed the title to Billie Eilish faces backlash after sharing fav cartoon character

I don’t care for Billie but this? Lmfao move on y’all just looking for something to be upset about. She was a literal child watching this show, it’s not her fault she didn’t catch onto the satirical perspective it takes on.

PartySick

This only reminds me that I want to rewatch the Boondocks :giveup:

I used to love it when I was younger and have since caught a few episodes. It certainly hits different as an adult. Great show :music:

7 minutes ago, Frybean said:

I was reading comments, don't really understand this part. Can someone explain it?

It's gatekeeping. Instead of telling white people to not watch it, they should ask white people to understand it.

Honestly I always thought this show would be #TwitterCancelled for having a racist black man voiced by a white man :enigma: but it never happened :enigma:

🧟‍♂️ A haunting ghostly treat 👻 the ghoulish trickery 🔮

Wet Fire

People are never tired of tearing a 19 yo girl to pieces? It's not even constructive criticism.

Anderson123

At this point I feel like there's this small group of people constantly trying to bring Billie down so they look up for the most random stuff to make a twitter post go viral. Like it's becoming a "thing" to be a Billie hater.

Archived