Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Billboard: Ed’s debut is a “disappointment”

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Robo Ga

I’m genuinely surprised that the GP aren’t making fun of him more for the video because I watched it once and it was so cringe I felt secondhand embarrassment the whole time… Ed is the definition of a little chartster and his obsession with numbers will be his downfall. Even my straight guy friend messaged me about how he thinks Ed is a sellout after he heard the song 😂 like cmon

🤖⚡️

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
47 minutes ago, Doily Skull said:

Pretty sure this reeks of irony, didn’t he go on a whole rant talking about how “Cheap Thrills” was a rip off of “Shape of You” a few years back??

He says A LOT of things that are very questionable...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 hour ago, Gatlyn said:

Good, a #1 should be earned and not bought by extremely overbearing promo

Look at the current number 1 though :huntyga: 

2School4Cool
2 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

I have learned not to pile upon an artist when they're doing lower than expectations.

Just have to look at our own backyard. 

Also the media and public are QUICK to shift narrative. Just a low first week and he's apparently 'over'

This! I personally am a big Ed fan but I know he’s not the taste of most GGD users and that’s totally fine, we all have different musical opinions, but an artist like Ed doesn’t go from having the most attended tour of all time to being “over” when their comeback single doesn’t instantly chart at number one. Top 5 is still a big success! Plus he charted at number one in other major markets. And charts don’t mean anything in the long run, look at classic artists like Billy Joel or Elton John or Paul McCartney, they have classics songs that weren’t successful singles at all that get stadium crowds roaring 40-50 years later. An artist’s career is so much more than just a week one chart position. 

See The Best In Everyone

INNA
4 hours ago, Chromatography said:

didn’t he do like 100+ interviews to secure the radio play? :haroon:

This made me want to sleep for 3 or 4 days, what is wrong with him :bradley:

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Pretty Please
5 hours ago, HIM820 said:

I really hate when they have staffers commenting on stuff like unless it’s like a retrospective look at charts from a decade ago. It comes across like sports- where people win or lose. This is music and art for entertainment purposes. It’s so weird how we’ve allowed the two to get so intertwined but of course it’s business. 

But it IS a business. And it IS a competition. Theres only one number one spot. In business, coke and pepsi both want to be nimber one. 

billboard is in the business of music and competition. If you want people talking about quality of music then go to a music review site. But to say billboard shouldnt talk about the business side is like saying the Wall Street Journal should only talk about the quality of products instead of who is selling the most. 

Andreu
5 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Unless your name is Adele or Taylor Swift :ohwell:

Well, I am pretty sure BH will end up being bigger than any single from Taylor's last 3 eras. And for adele, you cant flop if you release no music I guesss 

Rahrahbitchson

I didnt finish the song nor the video because as Lorde said in Solar Power: IM SORRY I CAN'T MAKE IT

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Defmix100
5 hours ago, Doily Skull said:

Pretty sure this reeks of irony, didn’t he go on a whole rant talking about how “Cheap Thrills” was a rip off of “Shape of You” a few years back??

Shape of You was released 1 year after Cheap Thrills

Lilbit

Now would be such a good time for Rihanna to drop a single. The scene is just not it this summer. Planet Her is great, but we need a summer bop. 

He's not being himself. He wanna jump on a trend of androgyny, except people like Lil Nas X simply ARE, you cannot just try to create a new identity. Ed has never been feminine or interested in makeup, wouldnt be surprised if he decides to wear a dress soon. Be yourself and it'll work out for you.

Runway

The clowns defending him in the other thread and comparing it to SL ::flop:

Killa

I dont understand, billboard never does this kind of drag that i remember.

you guys are so against ed sheeran… i think the movie wasn’t supposed to be really serious, he looks actualmente a bit sexy. The song os obviously nothing new but its catchy and well writen. This is just everyone catching the Moment to call him flop

Archived