Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Kim Kardashian is shutting down KKW Beauty on August 1st

Teletubby

Featured Posts

tylertremallose
56 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

I get why she’s doing it, but it’s really interesting to me that something similar is happening to Kylie Cosmetics. Not changing the name but they’ve completely taken down their store and have a countdown to relaunch the brand. 

They are owned by seed beauty and seed beauty is going through reformulating of their products 

SharkmanthaC

Is this brand any good? Has anyone ever tried it?

she/her/hers

samaria
39 minutes ago, tylertremallose said:

They are owned by seed beauty and seed beauty is going through reformulating of their products 

Well, not quite. KKW and Kylie are each held approx. 50% by the respective KarJenner sister and approx. 50% by a French cosmetics firm called Coty (who massively overpaid for their investment stake in both brands, and is now getting sued by their shareholders for it).

Seed Beauty is the firm that formulated all the KKW/Kylie cosmetics products (not sure about KylieSkin), and helped incubate both brands at the beginning (i.e. handled packaging, distribution and fulfillment). When KKW/Kylie sold their stake to Coty, there were (allegedly) some issues regarding the use of formulations by both brands when under Coty's partial ownership. 

So while it may seem like a strategic PR move to push a reformulation for ethics (especially with Kim's recent "veganism" kick), it's probably just a contractual move.   

Ziggy
1 hour ago, samaria said:

Well, not quite. KKW and Kylie are each held approx. 50% by the respective KarJenner sister and approx. 50% by a French cosmetics firm called Coty (who massively overpaid for their investment stake in both brands, and is now getting sued by their shareholders for it).

Seed Beauty is the firm that formulated all the KKW/Kylie cosmetics products (not sure about KylieSkin), and helped incubate both brands at the beginning (i.e. handled packaging, distribution and fulfillment). When KKW/Kylie sold their stake to Coty, there were (allegedly) some issues regarding the use of formulations by both brands when under Coty's partial ownership. 

So while it may seem like a strategic PR move to push a reformulation for ethics (especially with Kim's recent "veganism" kick), it's probably just a contractual move.   

Yeah I agree; I didn’t buy the vague allusion to ethics in the tweets. It seems very marketing-ese. Lipstick on a pig, spin, etc.

TimisaMonster

This makes 100% sense...she's not married and doesn't want her brand attached to someone she is no longer with...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bio

Her brand smells of money laundering, don’t know a single soul who buys her products.

gagawaffles

Does anyone else remember when Kim K and her sisters had a fashion line at sears? It was a joke. It wasn’t until she married Kanye that her name was taken seriously. Kkw is branded like a luxury, minimalist chic brand but it’s all overpriced junk. 

The Child
4 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She could just rename it to KK Beauty instead :saladga: is she really divorcing? Then why did she sign it as Kardashian West ?

Maybe cause the divorce isn’t final yet?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

FameHookah
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Her brand smells of money laundering, don’t know a single soul who buys her products.

Same, everyone loves kilye's tho

WTF is MDNA

Married the Night

I expect celeb beauty brands to start falling like dominos soon. 

cherrycherrybooboo
6 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She could just rename it to KK Beauty instead :saladga: is she really divorcing? Then why did she sign it as Kardashian West ?

she's DIVORCING divorcing but i guess shes always used west since kanye always had an input in her business ventures and what not

i know that mom and dad think im a mess but its alright because i am rich as piss

Archived