Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes struggled with body dysmorphia after topless photoshoot

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
6 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

He's still under contract sis. They trying to make him the main pop boy. He definitely has no control this young in his career.

Who knows but it seem like he's not uncomfortable with going shirtless...he's just mad photoshoot makes him look better than how he feels he really appears which is kinda the point of it I guess...he just has low self esteem in general I feel and wishes he could be more perfect but everyone feels like that 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavender blonde

Good he spoke about it. He's literally perfect, one of the best looking men in the world for sure. Knowing he also struggles with body dysmorphia will help many boys for sure.

BlingNotTheMusic
54 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Who knows but it seem like he's not uncomfortable with going shirtless...he's just mad photoshoot makes him look better than how he feels he really appears which is kinda the point of it I guess...he just has low self esteem in general I feel and wishes he could be more perfect but everyone feels like that 

As someone who struggles with body image / dysmorphia and disordered eating, I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Still love you tho :kara:

Robo Ga

Though we love to poke fun at Shawn, I feel for him on this and I cannot imagine what it would be like to be photographed all the time like that. I have this too, without even being famous. Can’t even imagine it 

🤖⚡️

Levine

Photo like these mean the label knows that they sell? That the public still wants an half naked and sexy popstar. Can we stop it already?
Labels should start educating the audience and stop giving them this ****.

Tyler1992
18 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I have a somewhat harsh view on this and it's basically that we're all responsible for our own mental health.

Not being as sexy as you would like is not a disability.

Comparing yourself to others and feeling the need to measure up is a road to misery.

So everybody needs to realize this and come to terms with it for themselves.  

It's a serious and painful thing to go through, but people need to evaluate their own mental health and do what they need to do.  

I know it's not easy but people need to learn to stop obsessing about looks and they need to stop comparing and ranking everything.  They need to stop glorifying social media posts and it's a personal thing that everyone needs to come to, or suffer the consequences until they get it.

And btw, I'm not criticizing Shawn, he's describing the process of correcting his own mistaken beliefs and it's a good conversation and he took action for himself when he recognized the problem.

Yes, we’re all responsible for our own mental health, which this article helps with. Talking about mental health struggles helps others relate, which I did from reading. He offered up about how he isn’t perfect, and finds it difficult to be perfect.

Not being as sexy as you would like is not a disability, no. But body dysmorphia can absolutely be crippling. 

Like you said, comparing yourself to others can lead to a road of misery. This is absolutely true, but you don’t offer any help. I don’t want to compare myself to others, rather the opposite in fact. I see other people as amazing, perfect the way they are, or literally perfect. I suffer from body dysmorphia, and I know world class athletes that do to. 

I read the rest of your post but it started to become the antithesis of what he was saying in the article.

im not even a Shawn mendes Stan what am I doing here…

Gabi001
19 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

A rich white guy has to whine about something, I guess. Boo hoo.

It is good to know, that since I am a white guy, I can't be depressed or have insecurities. Thank you. 

I'm not having fun tonight.

Helxig
13 hours ago, Economy said:

Tbh. I struggled a lot in past too (still do a little) and somehow some ppl always automatically dismiss it as a female problem just because objectification is worse in females

Not to mention theres other types of pressure that can put pressure on u just as much...

Maybe the pressure to look cute or attractive isnt quite as bad for males as it is for females but then theres other stuff that factors into the equation like how if u arent strong and muscular ur not a true man

As someone who has the lanky genetics and i have to work out A LOT to get anywhere, its a struggle

Oh the pressure is there, just guys are also made to feel like they aren't allowed to be 'weak' or show emotions from a young age so they just repress it :huntyga:  but trust me, every guy weighs himself up against Instagram models and mannequins in stores and guys on billboards (like Shawn Mendes). Women do have it worse, but it's definitely still there for men too.

Also yes my body hates growing muscle and I have long limbs so I also understand have disappointing genetics

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

InsomniaMonster69

I'm happy he talks about that!

Especially cause  he's a man and body issues are almost Every time associated whit female problems!

This is important and everyone who does pictures like that should talk to the  public about this. So that everyone can see that these pics aren't reality and shouldn't norm our beauty standards!

The Z
13 hours ago, The Child said:

no because Gaga is not a hypocrite.

Gaga did it "worse", wtf

She did a photoshoot for magazine that named her Woman of the Year, and when the cover was released, she shamed the magazine on Twitter because she "didn't look like that in the morning"... and then she accepted the award and went to the ceremony... and shamed the magazine once again in her speech

Galvon
On 6/30/2021 at 1:48 PM, NewUsername said:

What I do find interesting though, is that, to me, he ACTUALLY looks more muscled and buff and fit and all that in his beach candid shots than in that CK shoot.

Tha's probably because like he said: '...you're struggling every day to live up to that guy.'

And: 'So, striving to be that person is not fair to anybody.’

Also I think because of body dismorphia, he sees his body differently, so he might not think he looks as muscled. Or those beach candid shots are photoshoped.

The Child
On 7/1/2021 at 12:03 AM, kukuryku666 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the part of the problem he's talking about (?)

You feel the need to look perfect, so you take those photos, they are edited

You feel good about them

Then you feel bad about yourself

You take photos again, they are edited...

Never ending story

You can't just say "stop it if you have a problem", that's insensitive

Oh okay I didn’t get it that way. I’m sorry for my post.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived