Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

RAYE: major record label holding her back

Werk

Featured Posts

RAMROD

I hope all of you guys who thinks music should be free can read those tweets and understand artists needed those sales and streaming numbers for their career to go on. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage

Please don't touch is a major bop :grr:

I thought it will catapult her to the mainstream era. It was gaining radio and stream traction at that time. Then she just vanished from the picture :bradley:

high culture

Her EP Euphoric Sad Songs is AMAZING. I discovered her years ago on a Jax Jones song and been following her since (you might also know her from Dreamer with Charli XCX). I had no idea she was getting done dirty like this. Best of luck to her she’s a really great pop artist

Achromatic

I love her. but im afraid they’re doing this to her bc the label doesn’t think she’s “pretty enough” :hmm:

I’m my bestfriend

huttont

RAYE is so good!! I hope she can release an album bc she is so talented. I love Natalie Dont and Tequila.

FunkYou

That's... how things work. It's a really sh*tty system but everybody knows it. Read your contracts. sometimes refusing a huge advance is the way to go. if you want to be creatively free, go indie. It's a hustle and you start out with zero budget, but there you can be your own boss. As said in the reply to her tweet posted in OP

KURUSHITOVSKA

You can read her latest tweets. It's really pissing me off that someone as talented as her is treated like this. I know music bussiness works like that but it's just so unfair, even after seeing so many untalented puppets getting promoted and releasing songs every damn week. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Chlorine

Never heard of her but I like what I hear. She says that the label said if the single does well she can make her album.

Stream Call On Me! :music:

KURUSHITOVSKA
6 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Never heard of her but I like what I hear. She says that the label said if the single does well she can make her album.

Stream Call On Me! :music:

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

LG666

EDIT: Yes this is sad, and I feel like it's a promo stunt, but I take back my words since they came off very negative and that energy should not be directed towards someone in pain. 

Leoooo

This sounds a bit like a promo stunt.....I cant release an album unless this song yets streamed lodes more, please stream it

Hmmmmmm. Her songs are good though

Argentum

Hm I feel bad for her, if this is true. I really like her music 

Love of your life is so good

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

TSUNAMI
46 minutes ago, LG666 said:

Boo Hoo. Tough love, but get over it and make something out of your talent. Going viral for having a meltdown is so 2020. I know I sound mean, but this just made me roll my eyes so hard. I mean it when I say I wish this person all the success they deserve, but damn..

So, they should keep pretending that it doesn't hurt them so you could enjoy your perfect life popstars? 

She's trying to make something but her talent is owned by someone else. Try to understand what that means. 

lodylody
3 hours ago, LG666 said:

Boo Hoo. Tough love, but get over it and make something out of your talent. Going viral for having a meltdown is so 2020. I know I sound mean, but this just made me roll my eyes so hard. I mean it when I say I wish this person all the success they deserve, but damn..

666 for a reason, huh! :awkney: 

She is making something out of her talent: music. She makes music. That's what she loves to do. And she can't even put it out into the world, because she's not 'successful' enough. The label won't let her release the vast majority of it. She has albums' worth of work, but the label won't pay for any of it to be completed (mainly mixing and mastering) and released.

Imagine if you had a hobby and you weren't allowed to share it with anyone. And knowing that you'll be trapped in this situation pretty much indefinitely - she's on a four album contract, and the label won't even let her release one after 7 years.

I think a little compassion and a small attempt at empathy would go a mighty long way.

Archived