Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

RAYE: major record label holding her back

Werk

Featured Posts

Werk

Her solo songs don't ever get promoted like they need to be (saying this as someone from the U.S., she might have some few drops of promo in the UK).

Her label is waiting to see how this song does so she can do her album while all of her songs have been given to A-listers, please give this at least 30 seconds of streaming (since she's a UK artist UK streams would probably be the main target but I think some US streams should still help)! We need to support a Black artist.

Also her most recent EP Euphoric Sad Songs was full of bops, I highly recommend giving it a listen!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Don't major labels sometimes sign + shelve artists so they can't compete with and detract from other artists on their labels? Feels like this is happening to poor RAYE

buy bionic

holy scheisse

The gatekeeping enslavement of it all. It's very sad to see. Idk her but I'll go stream her song lol

Poor Raye, she’s so talented, I love her! Things will change for her from now on, I’m sure! She did well for speaking out, mainly cause keeping it inside is causing her more harm than not getting an album released.

Dominic

I mean Bed was a SMASH and despite being just a feature it was more than enough hype to drop an album. Idgi 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Just now, Dominic said:

I mean Bed was a SMASH and despite being just a feature it was more than enough hype to drop an album. Idgi 

that's what I would think, too. the song was released months ago and still doing so well

weed
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

Don't major labels sometimes sign + shelve artists so they can't compete with and detract from other artists on their labels? Feels like this is happening to poor RAYE

omg that's crazy... so evil

Reginald

I've given this track, featuring RAYE, hundreds of streams over the past few years. Such a bop :music:

Werk
7 minutes ago, vVv said:

So surprising—she's one of the most listened to artists in the world.

Is she really? I think it just might be a result of her being on those collabs because her solo songs don't get promoted that much at least from what I see

Agunimon

Unfortunately, not surprising.

Might seem as ok who cares but I work in the mortgage industry in the marketing department, although my job is a  technical one. Where I work and in other companies from what I have gathered by those who work where I do who worked in the industry, marketing and costs associated with mortgage loan officers are reserved for the most profitable.

Until you are one of the top performing employees in the company, the money just isn't used on you so you have to use the available budgets of wherever you're located. This is a specific example, but it does have some correlation to how other industries also treat budgets for their contractors (artists, etc). 

A real shame, since those who need the marketing the most (ie: the ones who aren't known) don't get it in favor of those who probably need it less, considering they can also afford to put forth more of their own money in marketing efforts since they make way more.

A good example of why Gaga when she was beginning paid for a good chunk out of pocket for her tour.

RAYE deserves all the success. She should already be as big as Dua or Billie. Her content is high quality and she clearly has what it takes, but labels are racist…. She’s awesome for going public about this. I remember when Stallion did it and was able to renegotiate. Hopefully this will light a fire under the label’s ass, we need to support her!

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Gimme More
9 minutes ago, Dominic said:

This.

I feel really bad for her, they should have treated BED as her 'lead'.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Archived