Demi Lovato reveals they came out as nonbinary to friends last year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Thanks. These comments are making me sick

We are simply saying that coming out as non binary is a different struggle as coming out as gay, bi, Trans or lesbian

funkyhaus
1 hour ago, Oriane said:

They don't care and yet they will continue using the wrong pronouns which is basically the minimum level of respect that Demi and other non-binary people are asking for. Maybe Demi's friends are capable of doing that unlike some people

Oh I literally didn’t mean to say she. 
Pronouns are new for everyone, I wasn’t deliberately doing it 

Meruk Holland
12 minutes ago, Eido said:

We are simply saying that coming out as non binary is a different struggle as coming out as gay, bi, Trans or lesbian

Do be careful with that one, specifically with the knowledge that nonbinary is a trans identity. For example, I have a nonbinary friend who's coming out was pretty similar, if not identical, to coming out as MtF since they had a name change, new pronouns, and started hormones. 

36 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

Do be careful with that one, specifically with the knowledge that nonbinary is a trans identity. For example, I have a nonbinary friend who's coming out was pretty similar, if not identical, to coming out as MtF since they had a name change, new pronouns, and started hormones. 

I get that non binary falls under the Trans identity umbrella but it is still separate 

Though, I am curious, I do not really understand... How can you be non binary and therefore not conform to a gender and be transsexual and transition 

littlepotter
4 hours ago, Eido said:

But where did they say it's the same thing?

chaeri pls

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Eido said:

Coming out as gay is different from coming out as bi or as trans or whatever too, they're not the same experiences at all. I don't get why that's being mentioned? They didn't mention any identity when talking about coming out but spoke about coming out in general. I don't agree with their statement but I don't get why we should place non-binary struggle as a separate category? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

I love that song so much, an anthem for so many people especially bi and pansexual folks I'm so proud of them. :kara:

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Gagz4Gaga

Anything you read/hear/watch/know that is Demi-related automatically kills 12 neurons per second. Allegedly.

nostalgia’s for geeks

Meruk Holland
7 minutes ago, Eido said:

I get that non binary falls under the Trans identity umbrella but it is still separate 

Though, I am curious, I do not really understand... How can you be non binary and therefore not conform to a gender and be transsexual and transition 

Well, nonbinary doesn't mean you don't conform to any gender, just neither of the binary genders. A lot of times, nonbinary identities don't live outside of the ideas of the two binary genders, they're just not congruent with either. In my friend's case, they know that the body they were born with does not better match the way they feel, so they still had dysphoria, but they also knew that they don't identify with the gender associated with the hormones they were taking and had no interest in sex reassignment surgery - they said the idea of identifying with either caused the same dysphoric feeling. They don't strictly conform to either binary identities - hence, nonbinary. Its not a term to refer to a specific group of people who use "they/them", its a term to refer to any identity that is not strictly "man" or "woman".

Chlorine Sevigny
4 hours ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

most people have been so wonderful and that's the reality of coming out.

What a clueless ****. 

Coming out has been and still is extremely risky for so many people. It can jeopardize their safety. There are so many homeless LGBTQ+ youth for this very reason. 

3 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

its a term to refer to any identity that is not strictly "man" or "woman".

Like what? Cause that's all there is

Sneaky Oliver
6 hours ago, SlipAway said:

I don’t understand why y’all think it’s the oppression Olympics. Just because some people have it harder it doesn’t erase or minimize Demi’s experience. 

That may sound shocking and outrageous but sometimes it’s not about THE GAYYYYSSS. 

Sure it doesn't minimize their experience but I wish Demi would acknowledge not everyone has this huge support system they have and stop speaking for a community they seem to know very little about, honestly. "That's the reality of coming out" WTF I mean some people are DYING because they come out. It's not that simple or beautiful. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived