society

More than 44K signed petitions to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Petitions to stop Jeff Bezos' Earth re-entry collected more than 44,000 signatures between them.

Bezos said on 7 June that he and his brother will fly into space on 20 July.

A few days after Jeff Bezos' announcement, 2 petitions were launched to try and prevent the billionaire's re-entry to Earth.
They have both garnered thousands of followers in just 10 days.

More than 26,000 people have signed petition titled: "Do not allow Jeff Bezos to return to Earth" on Change.org
https://www.change.org/p/the-proletariat-do-not-allow-jeff-bezos-to-return-to-earth
The petition's description says :"Billionaire's should not exist...on earth, or in space, but should they decide the latter they should stay there

Another petition, called "Petition To Not Allow Jeff Bezos Re-Entry To Earth" has accumulated over 18,000 signatures and is still increasing.
https://www.change.org/p/blue-origin-petition-to-not-allow-jeff-bezos-re-entry-to-earth
Ortiz, who set up the petition, says in the description that Bezos is "an evil overlord hellbent on global domination" and adds:  "The fate of humanity is in your hands". 

source

• Like 1
  • LMAO 34
  • YAAAS 6
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InTheCloset

• ultravanister

• Economy

• Teletubby

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Petitions to stop Jeff Bezos' Earth re-entry collected more than 44,000 signatures between them. Bezos said on 7 June that he and his brother will fly into space on 20 July. A few days after

*space debris

i dont get why people hate billionaires. i would love to be one. honestly. i would almost have all my problems solved. yes i get that capitalism is bad but still deep down wouldnt we all want to have

InTheCloset

i dont get why people hate billionaires. i would love to be one. honestly. i would almost have all my problems solved. yes i get that capitalism is bad but still deep down wouldnt we all want to have that much money

• Like 3
  • LMAO 10
  • YAAAS 2
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 3
deactivated
Just now, InTheCloset said:

i dont get why people hate billionaires. i would love to be one. honestly. i would almost have all my problems solved. yes i get that capitalism is bad but still deep down wouldnt we all want to have that much money

You don't get to be a billionaire without walking over other people to do so. Billionaires create their wealth by exploiting others.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
Chromatography
3 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

this ain’t it chief 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 3
TheSlash

If this really happened we would have Amazon Same-Day-Deliveries to the moon by the end of the year :bear: .

An original mess since 1995
alsemanche
4 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

wouldnt we all want to have that much money

no

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5
Economy
11 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Ppl are mad because of a system that allows that much disparity from even existing. Crazy that 1 person can own 100,000 times the wealth or more of a typical person

I do think however ppl over estimate how much can be done with their wealth for society and many left wingers seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between money and actual economic purchasing power vs asset wealth which is not the same yet they talk about it as if it is. Its actually impossible to convert what ever amount of wealth exists among the rich into productive spending dollar for dollar 

That being said the hate is not unjustified. No ones work is worth that much more than everyone else to have that much more wealth than everybody else. Id be ok with multi millionaires if they started an exeptional business, invented something great or had exeptional careers. But anything more than $10M to $20M to me speaks to a problem in a system. 

I dont agree with every proposal from Bernie but i think his statement that billionaires shouldnt exist is pretty spot on in my opinion

That being said i hate the system not necessairily the individual that managed to take advantage of it (provided they didnt achieve it thru mass exploitation which often is the case), most ppl as they get richer tend to climg to it, its human nature. The problem is the system allows it

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
InTheCloset
Just now, Chromatography said:

this ain’t it chief 

i know some people having that much is bad. but like really think about it. i could solve everything with money. everything i went through and am going through. why do i stay up at nights studying and working. its to be free. i have to be free. and money is the only way to my freedom. its sad but its true. im not broke. im lucky to have what i have. i went to the best schools in my city. worked hard. got into med school on merit and basically its free if u get in on merit. i know its sad. very sad. but ive never been happy. yes i am lucky, extremely lucky. but i need to be free and i need money for that. a lot of it. maybe its my coping mechanism. i keep telling that if i get that much money i would be happy but idk. idk anything. i am a complete n utter mess

flyaway

These petitions are becoming the new cancel culture.

You just don't create change in the world by signing a stupid petition. You take action. For example, you can stop buying stuff from amazon.

Then THAT'S  a real thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Tinnitus15
Just now, Economy said:

Ppl are mad because of a system that allows that much disparity from even existing. Crazy that 1 person can own 100,000 times the wealth or more of a typical person

I do think however ppl over estimate how much can be done with their wealth for society and many left wingers seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between money and actual economic purchasing power vs asset wealth which is not the same yet they talk about it as if it is. Its actually impossible to convert what ever amount of wealth exists among the rich into productive spending dollar for dollar 

That being said the hate is not unjustified. No ones work is worth that much more than everyone else to have that much more wealth than everybody else. Id be ok with multi millionaires if they started an exeptional business, invented something great or had exeptional careers. But anything more than $10M to $20M to me speaks to a problem in a system. 

I dont agree with every proposal from Bernie but i think his statement that billionaires shouldnt exist is pretty spot on in my opinion

That being said i hate the system not necessairily the individual that managed to take advantage of it, most ppl as they get richer tend to climg to it, its human nature. The problem is the system allows it

I am honestly living when you post serious things on non-serious threads..Literally loving it 

• LMAO 1
dynamite
1 minute ago, InTheCloset said:

i know some people having that much is bad. but like really think about it. i could solve everything with money. everything i went through and am going through. why do i stay up at nights studying and working. its to be free. i have to be free. and money is the only way to my freedom. its sad but its true. im not broke. im lucky to have what i have. i went to the best schools in my city. worked hard. got into med school on merit and basically its free if u get in on merit. i know its sad. very sad. but ive never been happy. yes i am lucky, extremely lucky. but i need to be free and i need money for that. a lot of it. maybe its my coping mechanism. i keep telling that if i get that much money i would be happy but idk. idk anything. i am a complete n utter mess

You can do all that with a few million. Billions are something else entirely. I wouldn't know what to do with it and I don't think anyone could spend that much if they tried. Though I know not all of it is cash, I wonder how much they actually have in the bank...

Edited by dynamite
InTheCloset
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

That being said i hate the system not necessairily the individual that managed to take advantage of it, most ppl as they get richer tend to climg to it, its human nature. The problem is the system allows it

i get it. and i know im not thinking straight. but i have to somehow make it or i'll probably die

• Sad 1
Chromatography
1 minute ago, InTheCloset said:

you don’t need to be a billionaire to solve those problems, because in order to be a billionaire, you have to put other people in your position right now.

im sorry you’re going through that stuff, it is truly terrible how cruel the system is. but you being a billionaire would only shift the problem onto someone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1