Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi says their message amid frozen yogurt got 'Lost in Translation'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

During an Audacy Check In on Facebook Live on Thursday the singer opened up about using their platform to try to spread awareness about causes they're passionate about - and how the message doesn't always land the way it's intended to.

"Every time I've made a statement over Instagram or Twitter, I felt like it's gotten lost in translation a little bit," Demi admitted.

"I just thought going forward, I want to have conversations where people can see my face, they can hear my voice, and they can see that I'm still learning as well as the rest of the world," Lovato said.

Demi is determined to keep learning.
"I'm by no means an expert on many, many things. But, I'm willing to learn about it and I'm willing to continue to have conversations that either educate me or others on how to make the world a better place."

"When I messaged this froyo place, originally I wanted to make a point, and I wanted to call out behaviors or branding things that didn't sit right with me," 
"As someone who deals with an eating disorder and is in recovery from an eating disorder, I still to this day have a hard time walking into a froyo shop, ordering yogurt and being content with it and keeping it down."

Demi went on to explain that while they were in the store, it "wasn't clear" to them that all of the "diet" and "health food" options were "for specific health needs."
"I didn't know that. Because it wasn't clear, I definitely jumped to conclusions and probably shouldn't have gone about this the way that I have, but I'm willing to talk to this froyo shop to help get the messaging right." 

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty Please

What i know is it definitely made enough of an impact that itll be remembered. Frankly for a bunch of kids it might be the only thing they're known for. 

i still will joke about it with my friends but i do feel bad they kinda tanked their public image even further than it already was. 

Taylucifer

they have been in the public eye for so long now they should understand how words can be twisted and manipulated. and obviously nobody is perfect and we can't expect that but you have to at least make sense:huntyga:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Rebel

Their “learning process” could’ve costed the small business their entire reputation and income. 

Levine

This is by no mean shade but how old are they? Because they talk like a 14 yo who still has to learn how the world works.

RahrahWitch

"I'm willing to talk to this froyo shop to help get the messaging right." 

They still don't get it. The shop did nothing wrong, Having diet foods on display is not a bad thing and they need to stop assuming their needs and wants are the same as everyone else's.

OMonster

When is Demi going to realise that businesses can offer 'diet food' for customers, without needing to label it for 'specific medical needs'? 

I mean, come on. Anyone can eat (and want to eat) diet food - it's healthy! Why should everyone else suffer because of a small minority who can't deal with marketing messages about healthy food?

I totally sympathise with people in that situation but it's a tiny minority that shouldn't be catered to over the masses - for a whole host of reasons. That would be dystopian. 

subtext / fantasy

Benji

They (Demi) need to mind their own business.  They honestly believes the world has to revolve around them and their often wrong perception of it.

Chic

No, Demi, you made a despicable choice and you should own up to it. Stop bringing it up if you can’t figure out how to apologize for what you did wrong. They are exhausting to listen to.

harispilton

They're behaving like an infant. Must be going through some serious existential stuff. 

Not to be mean, but... yeah, let me remain silent, chile... 

please ban this account ty

Pennywise

Every time they say something I get this scene even more tbh

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Fingerella

Sis should really go see a therapist and go into hiding because that frozen yogurt issue was really their true colors showing. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived