💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna hires new writer for biopic

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Elton didn't direct his biopic, he was heavily involved, but Madonna is directing the movie herself. This is the most worrisome part of the whole project. Sure, she is the most qualified to tell her story, but a good biopic needs a much more skilled filmmaker. I really doubt Madonna will giver her character any negative traits, and it will most likely be a "me against all odds" story.

I don't think it will be any more biased than anyone else's autobiography: people have been writing those for ages, so what's wrong with making a movie?

Also, who cares about truth and objectivity: Madonna telling her own story is an event in itself.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
19 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She's directed movies before unfortunately

I think the consensus is she's a better director than actress. Then again, I don't expect people on here to have seen those and to actually know what they're talking about.

androiduser
12 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I don't think it will be any more biased than anyone else's autobiography: people have been writing those for ages, so what's wrong with making a movie?

People usually have ghost writers helping them write autobiographies because being a star doesn't make someone a good writer, even if they're telling their own story.

With a movie, things are even more complicated because it requires editing down the whole life story into a two-hour movie and sacrificing many events, all the while building characters and giving them movie-character qualities.

Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

People usually have ghost writers helping them write autobiographies because being a star doesn't make someone a good writer, even if they're telling their own story.

With a movie, things are even more complicated because it requires editing down the whole life story into a two-hour movie and sacrificing many events, all the while building characters and giving them movie-character qualities.

I think Madonna having a Netflix series would be way better, similar to the Selena series

androiduser
14 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I think the consensus is she's a better director than actress.

Haven't heard of this consensus, and her directorial efforts tanked. Of course, fans will play the bias card.

The problem with Madonna's movie career is that she genuinely doesn't understand the movie industry and the whole system, because it's totally different from the music industry where she is calling the shots. Her status in the music world means absolutely nothing in the movie world and she never fully realized that.

androiduser
1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I think Madonna having a Netflix series would be way better, similar to the Selena series

This would be an EXCELLENT project. Enough time to tell the whole story, feature enough music, develop the characters fully, give everyone an arch... a TV series would be a much better choice.

Aphasic
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

I think its a combination of the two

Could be possible

Roboboy
20 hours ago, Barley said:

E3owO7hXMAAnkZd?format=jpg&name=large

What do you mean?

god she looks so good........she better keep this energy for next album

Gagas lil monster

I feel like the biopic will be... Reductive :haroon:

With Peace and love

HuffsAhoy
40 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

what's that?

They meant W.E. which was released in 2011 not 2012

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

They meant W.E. which was released in 2011 not 2012

12% RT score my goodness...

elijahfan
10 hours ago, androiduser said:

Ok, and why would any of those things be a problem? She’s not pretending to do a documentary.

elijahfan
9 hours ago, androiduser said:

Haven't heard of this consensus, and her directorial efforts tanked. Of course, fans will play the bias card.

The problem with Madonna's movie career is that she genuinely doesn't understand the movie industry and the whole system, because it's totally different from the music industry where she is calling the shots. Her status in the music world means absolutely nothing in the movie world and she never fully realized that.

I don’t think any of her directorial efforts were ever meant to be blockbusters. Plus, good movies all being box office hits would be news to me. Her last film did end up snatching an Oscar nom, so the idea the movie world totally loathes her is a bit dated imo.

androiduser
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I don’t think any of her directorial efforts were ever meant to be blockbusters. Plus, good movies all being box office hits would be news to me. Her last film did end up snatching an Oscar nom, so the idea the movie world totally loathes her is a bit dated imo.

the movies weren't meant to be blockbusters, but they were meant to be serious movies that get good reviews, and they were panned. The good aspects of the W.E. movie got good reviews (costumes and music)

Archived