• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

Hypocrites

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Pennywise

Well, they deserve to be dragged for this :billie:

I will give them props IF AND IF ONLY they make some LGBTQ+ representation in one of their blockbuster movies in a way they would not be able to edit out for... certain, audiences without disrupting the flow of the movie. 

Anything else is just pinkwashing at best.

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Chromatography

wait what gay scene ? what happened?

Pennywise
Just now, Chromatography said:

wait what gay scene ? what happened?

Nothing new I think, but they basically edit out anything gay for those audiences. Like, that "representation" (lmao) in Avengers: Endgame was edited out, for example. I mean, it wasn't really representation anyway but still :laughga:

River

it's every company, you can see on twitter, their western accounts celebrating pride, except the russia, middle east and china accounts..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

IllusionLover

They deserve all this backlash since they left me without Finn and Poe for those Chinese pennies. I'm still bitter about that, they better not left the gay couple from Eternals be just a clip or Imma burn that studio down :dom:

Also I've been waiting for a gay Disney prince since forever? What's up with that Disney??

FondEnergeticFanworms-size_restricted.gi

Honestly I hope one day china stops being the "it" country for these big studios so they can stop risking their creativity for fear of losing that Chinese money.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

IllusionLover
9 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Nothing new I think, but they basically edit out anything gay for those audiences. Like, that "representation" (lmao) in Avengers: Endgame was edited out, for example. I mean, it wasn't really representation anyway but still :laughga:

There was also a scene at the end of Star Wars Episode IX when they were all celebrating and two women (who weren't even relevant characters) kissed for like two seconds. And they cut that in china.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Reality

Yeah, it's always so weird and gross when companies celebrate pride month, but then actively do nothing about LGBTQ activism for the rest of the year. It's especially gross when Disney has a ton of LGBTQ fans too.

I don't know much about their other properties, but with Marvel, there's said to be a prominent gay character in Eternals, and they've already introduced Wiccan and Speed into the MCU with WandaVision (who are gay and bisexual, respectively). If their inclusion just turns out to be vauge references to their sexuality, then they're going to f*ck up big time. Feige's already said that from Phase 4 and beyond, they're really focusing on inclusion, so let's see where that gets them.

🃏🖤👹

CautiousLurker

Ok but... I haven't even watched Star Wars and I wanna see FinnPoe happen after hearing whats-his-face talk about it - that jacket scene looked so wholesome :bradley:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

HuffsAhoy

Meh, nothing more than a bunch of whiny Twitter liberals upset over nothing. I worked for Disney for three years and they are without a doubt the most gay friendly company in the States. Their activism is genuine and has been deep rooted for quite a while. They do a ton of charity work in Orlando and contributed a ton after Pulse. Stay pressed haters :whitney:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JusKeepBreathin

Yeah I was really bummed when that "friendship" didn't become more. TBH 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Meh, nothing more than a bunch of whiny Twitter liberals upset over nothing. I worked for Disney for three years and they are without a doubt the most gay friendly company in the States. Their activism is genuine and has been deep rooted for quite a while. They do a ton of charity work in Orlando and contributed a ton after Pulse. Stay pressed haters :whitney:

I agree with you about Disney, but I'm also sad about that gay character in Star Wars. 

But lest remember they had a gay character in Frozen and Beauty and the Beast. 

Let's also remember this was about the time that many gay actors were upset about straight actors playing gay roles. Y'all SJW's got to pick your battles.

They probably decided to cut the scene to not offend gay people instead of cutting the scene to not offend straight people.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Pennywise
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Their activism is genuine and has been deep rooted for quite a while

tenor.gif

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

tenor.gif

What's this reaction about?

Archived