Nothing is good enough for 2021 :saladga:

Are you asian or latino?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Nothing is good enough for 2021 :saladga:

ma'am the words are offensive for the people they refer to, they were never good enough 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Lucas

Forgive my french ass but what does Chola even mean? Does it have a bad connotation?

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

Absolutely not lmao. Even in 2011 it wasn’t okay to call people beige, chola or orient :laughga:.

Yes... as an insult... why do some people pretend like she sang Born This Way to diss people? :rip: Does the context not matter? Should I be insulted that singled out Lebanese people?

chaeri pls

MANiCURE 6
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

Are you asian or latino?

No and what about it ? Never said they were not offensive for the people it refers to.

Just said they're good lyrics and nothing's good enough nowadays. This song literally is the anthem of acceptance and you still want to make it a problematic song :enigma:

Grigio Guy

As a Latinx person, I didn’t find the lyrics offensive. I CAN, however, see how some would deem the lyrics offensive and they have a right to do that. Y’all have to stop being so black and white about everything. There is so much grey in the world.

Religion is a product to sell.

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Yes... as an insult... why do some people pretend like she sang Born This Way to diss people? :rip: Does the context not matter? Should I be insulted that singled out Lebanese people?

The words are derogatory (from what I understand at least) in themselves regardless of her intention. I know she didn't mean to trash those people obviously, but she can't pick and choose which words are offensive and when sadly. Lebanese is not a derogatory term in itself. Orient is less of a problem but it's still a very imperial term to refer to people are "Orient" or "Oriental"

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Lilbit
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Forgive my french ass but what does Chola even mean? Does it have a bad connotation?

It’s a name people use for Mexican women. cholo for men. It’s a stereotype and it’s low key rude. 

Babel

Even Latino has its own conflicts as it groups people with whole different ethnic backgrounds and cultures and downplays real minorities struggles in the region. :oops:

I dont care about the new lyrics and the old ones btw, the message she was trying to convey was clear and only people predisposed to be insulted by them were.

js4754394o9823

and it's trangender, not gendered
love a small update

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Bio
1 minute ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

No and what about it ? Never said they were not offensive for the people it refers to.

Just said they're good lyrics and nothing's good enough nowadays. This song literally is the anthem of acceptance and you still want to make it a problematic song :enigma:

If it’s the anthem of acceptance how about not alienating people by calling them offensive names? It’s pretty obvious to me. No one here is hating on Gaga, it was 10 years ago. But it was nice of him fixing the lyrics.

Lilbit
1 minute ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Can’t make a song about acceptance with the lyric cholo. 

accept that. :ohwell:

RAMROD

GOT ME TWANGIN' HARD, HENNIES!

tumblr_o4524eQkyJ1s2wio8o1_1280.gif

WE AIN'T GETTING DRAGGEDT TODAY! NOPE!

tumblr_o4524eQkyJ1s2wio8o1_1280.gif

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

FrankMonster
6 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Tbh I remember people complaining about the offensive lyrics when the song first came out, so I dunno about that

I am Latin myself and never felt identified with the chola (that was for the Latin rep right) but neither offended. I mean I knew she meant well and the LGBTQ+ was her focus.

SKANK

She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on, In the glass of her boudoir

The song was written with the intention of being an homage to disco anthems, that’s reflected in the decidedly retro lyrics. 

Language and our perception of certain words is always changing, so if they want to update it to be more reflective of 2021 attitudes, that’s fine. But the spirit of the original is far from offensive.

Archived