Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The BB Hot 100 top 10 (chart dated June 5, 2021)

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

js4754394o9823

Number 1 sponsored by VPN apps

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Butter is the only song of theirs I actually quite like so this doesn't bother me as much but this can't continue for much longer or the public are going to become royally teed off. It should never be a foregone conclusion that a certain act is getting a #1 single every time and there shouldn't be mass hysteria from a fan army with every single release through mass buying, campaigning, threatening streaming services and hating on other singers who beat them to the top. K-pop artists are always releasing a constant stream of content so this could potentially go on for quite some time and it's too much.

3 hours ago, ororo munroe said:

The fact that BTS now has 4 number 1 singles in usa :air: Almost as much as Gaga, but none of these songs are remembered 

Is Savage Love counted as their #1, though, considering they were just on the remix? But still, it could technically be counted. It really is a shambles. Dynamite might be remembered at a push because it was that big and all-consuming as well as being featured on Samsung ads but the rest, especially Life Goes On, which isn't even in English? Not a chance. One day, when BTS have long broken up, their fans will realise that numbers on a chart don't mean anything at the end of the day if the public doesn't remember it and they'll wonder why they ever wasted so much time and energy on something so fruitless.

2 hours ago, moonsago said:

Congratulations to the boys, they deserve it. They have so little support from the industry in america dispite the fact there is demand and have a big following so of course the fans had do it another way to correct the injustice. I bet if little monsters were like that nobody would say a word. The hypocrisy is real, its a problem only if it’s another person.

Their following is niche, that's why. Any act that doesn't sing in English the majority of the time will obviously not gain much industry support in an English speaking country as there's limited money to be made there. There shouldn't be "another way" that an artist can rise to the top that doesn't involve widespread support. It's all very well for fan support to push an album to #1, the albums chart is generally a way for smaller names to go to the top if they have a devoted fanbase and release on a less competitive week. The albums chart is a display of how devoted an individual act's fans are. But the singles chart is meant to be a show of what the public at large are listening to. It makes a mockery of things if a band that no one besides its fans cares about go to the top with every release. The chances of such songs being remembered is basically nil when that happens. From what I'm seen, most of the public who have heard of BTS but aren't fans aren't interested in them, don't know who they are and have no idea why they're getting so much attention and great chart positions lately. Is that really what their fans want? I want to see Gaga songs go to the top not because the fans alone liked them but because everyone did. That's what made recent songs like Shallow and ROM so sweet - they extended far beyond just the fans. Which means they'll probably still be downloaded in years to come and be remembered. As a fan, you should want organic success for your faves, not underhanded tactics and quick success that won't last in the long run.

Thomas P
4 hours ago, Yennefer Stark said:

3 songs in the top 10 is an incredible feat, but I kind of expected more of her songs in the top 10. :emma:

But congrats, Olivia served and got robbed at the same time. 

To be fair, she’s holding number 11,12 and 14 and the lowest charting song on the album is at 29

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StarstruckIllusion

BTS kings DID tha yet again :applause: 

ManMan

I prefer previous year this week no.1...

Aka R?M

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

Justin Drew Bieber

Bieber’s Peaches chart run is absolutely insane so far:

1-2-3-4-3-3-3-3-6-6-7-9

Archived