:

:

event

Olivia breaks several Spotify records

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Noah
3 minutes ago, ManuelColon said:

I am so confused by her success, not because I think anything bad about her, but where does all this hype and record breaking success comes from? Did people knew her well before Driver's License? The girl is dancing circles around everybody with her first three singles.

She's been in the Industry since she was 13. Broke out with Disney+ HSM The Series, Huge Taylor Fan (Swifties supported her). Due to DL insane first day Streams, Spotify added her to more playlists > Song became viral super quickly > Non Disney Fans started jumping on the hype Train. 

She's also very likable, relatable and writes/produces her Songs - so there is also an artistic relationship that many people are drawn to.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
N a t h a n

She's making music that is easily made into tiktok sounds. her team cracked the code... 👍 Smart

Hyperobject

The fact that album has only 11 tracks and three of them were already out before the album release, but Olivia managed to break every record is absolutely crazy :bradley:

Kalinda

Insane that after the huge success of drivers license she has another song that is smashing even more. This album rollout has been impeccable. 

weed

So weird!!!! She came out of nowhere and is literally dominating everyone!!! (pls 99% of the world doesn't watch the High School Musical TV show)

Pharamon
13 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I wonder if it's fake numbers. And no im not a woman hater, who is against every woman's success. I'll give an example, Ive never been a huge fan of Billie Eillish but I could understand her success, she has her own style, her own type of voice and a unique style of music to some degree. But Olivia is a blend of Lorde, Birdy and Halsey, singing in cursive to songs that are not even remotely catchy or interesting in terms of lyrics. I listened to her whole new album, I cannot comprehend how she could have this immense success yet someone like Shawn Mendes, I compare the two because he kinda had the same type of style in the beginning of his career, he's not even breaking Spotify records or making so much buzz. Kudos to her but I'm really suspecting something here...

agreed

Pharamon

I am a little bit confused...the album itself isn't even that good and she's breaking so many 'records'? Hmmm

Hyperobject
3 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

the album itself isn't even that good and she's breaking so many 'records'?

I mean Drake breaks every streaming record and his music is very questionable :bear: Plus, a lot of people think that Sour is great body of work (including me, I'm streaming this album every day :haroon:)

Kalinda
6 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

I am a little bit confused...the album itself isn't even that good and she's breaking so many 'records'? Hmmm

lol, so you don't think it's a good album (which is fine, you don't have to like it) so suddenly her success is suspicious? :fail:

Pharamon
1 minute ago, Kalinda said:

lol, so you don't think it's a good album (which is fine, you don't have to like it) so suddenly her success is suspicious? :fail:

I mean, her success basically happened overnight and i never said it was suspicious? stop putting words into my mouth. 

bionic
50 minutes ago, ororo munroe said:

I think the bar was low from the beginning :huntyga: 

It started out a hot mess like Riverdale, and now...

buy bionic

papergangster
13 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

I mean, her success basically happened overnight and i never said it was suspicious? stop putting words into my mouth. 

She had a great first single that people were drawn to and people became interested. Isn’t that similar to when just dance came out and took the world by storm shortly after? 

Pharamon
2 minutes ago, papergangster said:

She had a great first single that people were drawn to and people became interested. Isn’t that similar to when just dance came out and took the world by storm shortly after? 

Maybe, however Olivia has the entire PR team behind her debut, a song becoming viral on tiktok, a Disney career and so on. So I don't think these two are comparable. She almost feels like an industry plant tbh

BornAsUnic0rn
33 minutes ago, ManuelColon said:

I am so confused by her success, not because I think anything bad about her, but where does all this hype and record breaking success comes from? Did people knew her well before Driver's License? The girl is dancing circles around everybody with her first three singles.

She is on HSM: The Musical: The Series, which is popular with a younger demographic, and moments from there, in particular a solo song went viral on TikTok. And compared to other Disney Girls the reason she blew up this massively is because she wasn’t signed to Disney’s Hollywood Records and pushed into a certain box but was signed by Interscope with one of the contractual wishes she had being creative control and the ability to her own songs. 

So someone familiar to a younger demographic, backed by a major label, with good music.. blowing up. 

Archived