💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Song Suggestions for Those Who Got Dumped in a Relationship

imnotyourbabe10

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

Hi all!  Looking for some music suggestions for when you are the person who got dumped!  I am struggling to find songs that I can listen to that don't involve such toxic romantic or borderline hateful lyrics about the other person.  It's pretty crazy how so many songs contain lyrics that are, understandably, written out of pain, but I would never say some of the things I hear to a partner/ex...even in some of Adele's songs!  Below are the ones I've found that are kind of what I'm looking for lyrically (sound doesn't matter as much).

Basically, I have been going through a rough break up in the last 2 months.  Not sure where things really stand right now.  However, I was the one who got dumped after 2 years together (via a note under my door :madge:).  I'd say there's blame to be shared (as relationships are a two way street).  We both didn't really do anything categorically "wrong."  We never fought or swore at each other.  It's just all very heartbreaking because we are both really good people.   He has gone "radio silent" though and is pretty avoidant.  I'm giving him his space.  I want to work through things with couples counseling but I can't force him to.  I plan on making meaningful contact during this third month for some form of closure (like sharing a  "final" -- but not too final -- letter and sharing my journals I've written to him these months).  Obviously this is more complex than a paragraph on a cult site lol...but I'm hoping ya'll might be able to help out this fellow monster who wears his heart on his sleeve. :diane:

Thank you all -- and please take good care of yourselves out there!

pussycat

A friend send me this yesterday and it actually made me cry. I hope things get better for u- in whatever way that is. Sending love :heart:

Well it depends on your taste but I remember having some of these songs in a playlist back when I broke up with my ex

Dramatic, Liar, Lonely by Britney

Fighter by Xtina

I dont care by 2ne1 

Call me when you're sober by Evanescence

You'll see by Madonna 

Breakdown, Butterfly, We belong together by Mariah

Gashina by Sunmi 

TopazBlue

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19 ⚡ CHROMATICA BALL 💙 Aug 23

LDGA

My playlist is full right now of those songs ( because i was dumped). 

I can also add: 

Everytime- Britney Spears 

Sorry- Halsey 

Forget Me Too- Machine Gun Kelly ft Halsey 

Deja Vu- Olivia Rodrigo 

Kadikaado

The best kind of music to hear is the music that lift you up:

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Grim

You're gonna get through all that sh!t. Let the feelings come and go, there's some light after the storm

I'm probably wrong

I’m two months into a breakup myself, and these are some of the songs that I am enjoying. The whole Sam Smith album and Noah EP have been on repeat 

I find this a very melancholic album too which is nice to listen to when sad. 

It will get better day by day!! Just allow your self to fee your emotions, and when you are sad, know it will pass and one day you will be stronger for it.

Starmie25

Exit Wounds - Luke James 

Missing You - Jasper Bones

Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys 

Not My Ex - Jessie J 

Archived