Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Levitating #2 Hot100, Blocked By Bruno

Enzo

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Well, here's a post from atrl (NightCrawler):

1. Sales from the website were a maximum of 2,000 copies with 500 orders. Not everyone bought music, not everyone bought 4 copies and not everyone bought from outside of the US. The number is probably closer to 1k.

2. Billboard filtered 4,200 sales from Nielsen's figure, which are already partially filtered. They took away many Amazon sales, at least 90% of which were LEGIT by the rules we know.

3. THEN they additionally increased radio weight, resulting in LTDO gaining another 1.6M edge in Billboard radio audience over Levitating. That translates into ~2M Mediabase audience, which again translates into 2.5 Hot 100 points. (800,000 Mediabase audience = 1 point).

After all of this LTDO won by a mere 2 points. Billboard spent a whole two days finding a way to screw Dua Lipa over, as Levitating could be #1 if they had just left radio weight the same.

E1wkPTAVcAQ-x9b?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So it was still #1 after removing sales, they changed the weight of the radioplay so that now it is #2.

And she still had more sales and streams than Bruno even after they butchered her sales figures. It seems so orchestrated. @Regina George

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gangie

Funny though that I have never heard that Bruno's song yet and you are telling me it's THAT popular? 

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Dua deserved! She gave everything she could and Levitating is a f*****g bop! It's one of the best songs of 2020! Only Miss ROM is better! (That's just my irrelevant opinion about ROM being the song of the decade :poot:)

If I like it, then that's what I get!

whoresup

She was literally ahead on every single metric apart from airplay which is the only one fans can’t really control. :bear: Surely paid sales are more important because people have parted with their money. 

Why is it that male artists like Bruno, Drake, Justin receive complete support and power rotation from radio so their songs go no.1? 

Jose P

Not y’all discrediting Bruno’s song?? When it’s one of the best songs of the year?? Absolutely deserved #1, stop acting like this is a tragedy for Dua when she’s at freaking #2 and has been in the top 10 for ages.

ZiggyZiggs
2 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

That explains a whole lotta nothing lol

HausOfAntonio

I’m actually quite shocked? Levitating is clearly the more popular song? 

MonsterofFame
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

2 point difference.. They clearly deleted her sales on purpose. 

UGH. Airplay is the only reason it went #1 - and we all know Bruno has been around long enough for his team to know how to play the payola game.

LDGA

Lmao,  Billboard did a Britney again. 

The question is why did they block Lipa? 

MonsterofFame
14 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Not y’all discrediting Bruno’s song?? When it’s one of the best songs of the year?? Absolutely deserved #1, stop acting like this is a tragedy for Dua when she’s at freaking #2 and has been in the top 10 for ages.

It is a tragedy because this is Dua's shot at her first #1. One that she REALLY deserves. Award winning album. Fantastic era during a pandemic. Excellent singles.

Bruno has so many and while LTDO is great, it's a pretty typical and safe song in line with everything else he's done. Levitating is a lot more innovative right now especially since dance/disco pop has been gone from the charts for a few years now.

Luke78619

The fact that a song with more pure sales and streams is below a song that gets played on radio more :bradley: the audacity 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

whoresup

Did something similar happen with not Katy breaking MJ’s record?

Did they remove digital sales of The One That Got Away so it only reached no.3 or did they count The Complete Confection as a separate album so Part Of Me didn’t count as TD or something? 

whoresup
2 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

The fact that a song with more pure sales and streams is below a song that gets played on radio more :bradley: the audacity 

It’s ridiculous isn’t it! Nobody forces the public to download or stream a song or mv, they do it because they love the song or the artist and surely that’s what music is all about? 

NichuuB
2 hours ago, Mister G said:

Damn she was so close too. Any chance she can claim it next week?

Not with Olivia's Good 4 U

Property of @Whale

Nacchi

Bruno's simply rocks, so I don't know why lots of you are feeling offended/robbed/conspirational. Don't give a f**k about charts and simply enjoy music, your life will be easier and happier :vegas:

Archived