• Lorde
    • Billie Eilish
    • Other (Who?)

Featured Posts

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagasfirstnose

What's considered alternative these days? Both Lana and Kate have been very pop in some of their work; not all I will admit. Lorde and Billie are pretty mainstream too. Alternative to me means people like PJ Harvey..or at a pinch Bjork? I would say maybe fka Twigs is a current contemporary Alternative musician possibly?

Ceres

ugh like oh my god she looks like Shakira? no no, Catherine Zeta?
Actually her names MARINA

✧ ✧ ✧

Looking at the results... the Lana threads suddenly make so much sense :rip:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• 3 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, enissa11 said:

well, if u ask me, lorde, lana & billie have a pretty pure mainstream appeal, it's more like "melancholic pop" it's still pop, not really alternative

Lorde & billie for sure. But Lana actually is alt. Besides her first album, all her her albums have been laced with rock songs. Because “alternative” is technically for “alternative rock” music. Lana has trap rock, desert rock, surf rock, psychedelic rock, 70s rock, blues rock, etc… all over her discography…she may use some pop song structures here and there but she is def steering away from the pop habits with her latest releases. And most of her songs are too long to be pop songs, Venice B!tch is 10 minutes ! & have you heard cruel world???

ChavaWM

Lol idk why I came here expecting Emily Haines, Sharon van Etten, Björk, Alanis, Leila Moss, Karen O, Ellie Innocenti, Debbie Harry, and others. From that list,  I suppose Kate Bush

artdoll

Does Melanie count? if so, Melanie :vegas:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

phantasmas

Kind of hard to say since there's various sub genres of alternative music

If we're talking alt rock, I would say Siouxsie and the Banshees

Lil Nas X's Country Road could be considered alt country

In general though, I would say Bjork is the ultimate alt queen 

miss Allie X is by far the one that has conquered all of my heart and attention, to the point I consume even her unreleased music
she has everything that I love, the pipes, the talent, the creativity, the songwriting, the weirdness.. she's amazing and also a sweetheart. til today i still have a screenshot of the time she replied my fan letter on tumblr, i felt really special back then.

Archived