Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Y'all really hate to see black women win huh? :emma:

She’s not even black though, she’s Filipino

Regina George

Congratulations! Is it just me or is she the perfect example of industry plant tho? 

Regina George
4 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She is beautiful but her music is pretty predictable and basic. Her constant Grammy wins are weird, because she is neither particularly commercial, neither artistic or avant-garde.

Industry plant. I swear. She is literally everywhere but no one seems to care yet she is winning all this. 

Butters Stotch
51 minutes ago, Saucer said:

spit take GIF

Wanting to make everything a race issue and they don't even know the person's actual race.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

RainingOnMe
3 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

spit take GIF

Wanting to make everything a race issue and they don't even know the person's actual race.

56 minutes ago, Saucer said:

It is a race issue though. Just because you people don't know her doesn't mean she's not getting big through her amazing music and hard work doesn't mean she's an industry plant :lmao: Do you even know what an industry plant is? An industry plant is an artist who contributes nothing to their work, has tons of demos pitched to them (songs they didn't write, songs they had nothing contributed to besides recording them) and reaps massive commercial success after acting like they wrote those songs.... like Ava Max.

And are you guys blind? :sweat: She is CLEARLY a black woman. It's insane that I have to "confirm" this :duck:

"Wilson was born in Vallejo, California[4] to a Filipina mother and an African American father."

Butters Stotch
21 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

It is a race issue though. Just because you people don't know her doesn't mean she's not getting big through her amazing music and hard work doesn't mean she's an industry plant :lmao: Do you even know what an industry plant is? An industry plant is an artist who contributes nothing to their work, has tons of demos pitched to them (songs they didn't write, songs they had nothing contributed to besides recording them) and reaps massive commercial success after acting like they wrote those songs.... like Ava Max.

And are you guys blind? :sweat: She is CLEARLY a black woman. It's insane that I have to "confirm" this :duck:

"Wilson was born in Vallejo, California[4] to a Filipina mother and an African American father."

Calm down :laughga: I didn't even comment on her winning the Oscar, I truly don't even care. I just found the situation funny :sharon:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Pennywise

Aaaand racism of GGD jumps out again. We DON'T love to see it. Go back to the basement where you belong, thanks. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

RainingOnMe
7 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Aaaand racism of GGD jumps out again. We DON'T love to see it. Go back to the basement where you belong, thanks. 

This.

Where's all the aggression about all the white female industry plants like Ava, even Dua in the beginning of her career? Silence. But when it's a Black woman, they're SO angry.

If I see one more person misuse 'industry plant'...

ConcreteYellowAmericanblackvulture-size_

An industry plant is someone with label backing but marketed as having an organic growth / independent self-publishing. Lorde is an industry plant, Post Malone is an industry plant, Gaga could honestly be argued to be an industry plant.

H.E.R. has immense connections and major label push but she's never presented herself as an indie artist starting from the ground up, everyone been knew she has RCA and half the music industry behind her.

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

Pennywise
11 minutes ago, gag said:

If I see one more person misuse 'industry plant'...

ConcreteYellowAmericanblackvulture-size_

An industry plant is someone with label backing but marketed as having an organic growth / independent self-publishing. Lorde is an industry plant, Post Malone is an industry plant, Gaga could honestly be argued to be an industry plant.

H.E.R. has immense connections and major label push but she's never presented herself as an indie artist starting from the ground up, everyone been knew she has RCA and half the music industry behind her.

You're wrong, an industry plant is this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfAdrylhX-sEUXHM9mUtM

(No but this is what I imagine every time I see the word :messga:) 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

ZiggyZiggs
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

Industry plant. I swear. She is literally everywhere but no one seems to care yet she is winning all this. 

That’s not what an industry plant means lol. Yea she hasn’t had major commercial success. That shouldn’t negate the fact that she’s wining awards. These are voted on by people not bots who are programmed to award her. They listen to the music and award her based on her music. If anything when it has come to her, it’s purely about the music. Not the commercial success, or her image, looks, PR. 

Archived