celeb

Shakira found GUILTY of tax fraud, faces up to 3 years in prison

Supersonic

Featured Posts

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

Who cares. I won't pay taxes either:giggle:

I have no words, but then again I'm not surprised 

Also how did y'all manage to twist a millionaire doing sh!t millionaire behavior and being fraudulent to get richer into a rebellious act against colonialism :toofunny: Colonial countries SHOULD pay for the horrible damage they've done, but acting like rich people give 1 f*ck about any of that and that their fraudulent actions would be beneficial is a joke. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galactic Mess
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I don't get it, she is literally going to have to pay millions to spain :huh:

As I understood it, he was trying to justify the fraud, not the punishment. I disagree, because Shakira obviously did not do this out of righteousness nor did she send the money to the colombian poor or indigenous communitites.

Anyway, I'm glad to see justice still works against millionaires at times - at least when the state's own interests are involved :vegas:

Babel
3 hours ago, Andreu said:

And for the justice queens, that argument would be valid if the money went to colombia instead, but since thats not the case, suggesting a millionaire did a good thing breaking the law to be even richer is not the woke hot take yall think it is.

Except Shakira has been building more public schools in Colombia than Spain has ever done in colonization reparations.

Honestly I don’t really care if Spain government got cut off 15 million if that money would end up funding a corrupt government and an useless monarchy. 

Supersonic

In all honesty, the way some of y'all are defending rich people for tax fraud at the expenses of poor people as some sort of woke leftist take is kind of hilarious. :rip: 

monstrosity

What a mess lmao, imagine your fav going to jail, monsters would still complain for lack of promo

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

In all honesty, the way some of y'all are defending rich people for tax fraud at the expenses of poor people as some sort of woke leftist take is kind of hilarious. :rip: 

Especially when it's neither woke nor leftist :toofunny: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

monstrosity
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

This lmao as if Shakira was more a victim of capitalism/colonialism than poor people and immigrants in Spain lol but woke I guess 

Trevstar4
6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

All offense, I personally think tax fraud by millionaires should be punished with 10+ or more years in prison :chica: 

All tea all shade b*tch all offense. If u ever tryna confiscate barbie’s Ken! (Sorry I just had to when I read all offense)

Anveeroy
15 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

What a mess lmao, imagine your fav going to jail, monsters would still complain for lack of promo

LMAO 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

6 hours ago, Willco said:

This is gross. Pay your taxes. I sure as hell pay mine. Celebrity culture takes from the people and rarely do they give back. You can sure as hell bet any money the donate to charity is claimed right back at tax time. Who does she think she is? 

Right it’s like she thinks she Shakira or something

Ivannn
4 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

Because Spain ROBBED Tons of Gold, Silver and gemstones from the countries they invaded, they murdered, raped. Europeans countries have a HUGE DEBT to their ex-colonies. And just so you know even though most countries in latin america achieved freedom more than a hundred years ago there were european colonies still during the 70s in Africa. If you have a little empathy and learn what the so called "civilized countries" did to their colonies you would be angry at them as well.

European countries have a huge debt with the rest of the world, Europe is rich because europeans robbed the rest of the world.

you obv have little or no knowledge of history, European especially...no knowledge of economic or any other aspect of Europe.... and unless you are native of South America you are most likely of European descent so ...

12 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Right it’s like she thinks she Shakira or something

Yeah, she’s rich so she thinks the law doesn’t apply to her. She shouldn’t contribute to healthcare system she probably utilises, infrastructure such roads she drives on or power grid, water and sewage, or social programs to help the weakest members of society (social welfare, education, disability care). Like... no this is not acceptable.

Greed. 

4 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

Because Spain ROBBED Tons of Gold, Silver and gemstones from the countries they invaded, they murdered, raped. Europeans countries have a HUGE DEBT to their ex-colonies. And just so you know even though most countries in latin america achieved freedom more than a hundred years ago there were european colonies still during the 70s in Africa. If you have a little empathy and learn what the so called "civilized countries" did to their colonies you would be angry at them as well.

European countries have a huge debt with the rest of the world, Europe is rich because europeans robbed the rest of the world.

The problem with this narrative is that you're looking at it from an entirely present-day view and haven't considered the context. I don't disagree that European countries are successful thanks to having colonies but that's a slightly naive view.

The Incas, for example, used to engage in heavy forced labour in a process called the M'ita system. Essentially villages would be forced to surrender young people and have them killed in mines. It was a quasi-genocide. But it gave the Inca gold for generations before the Spanish arrived.

West African kingdoms used to collect and sell slaves to Maghreb and Ottoman elite and vice versa. It was a system long before Europeans used it to grow colonies, there was even a sector that captured white European women from Spain (lesser developed at the time than many African and Arab kingdoms).

Meanwhile in Asia, the Japanese effectively colonized Korea to the same extent Europe did elsewhere. China meanwhile uses population and culture control to expand into west Asia (e.g. Xinjiang and Tibet).

Settlers weren't all rich pillagers either, they were often very poor and desperate for work. Explorers were the "robbers", they'd travel the world with explorers for goods and wealth. 

The more you learn about history, the more you realize how humanity is alike. We're all capable of good and bad things. Most civilizations have done things that are horrific by 21st century standards, the crux with Europe is that it happened to be the "winning" side and was the first to shape world order. 

PunkTheFunk

This is even better than the "Shakira to be killed in Saudi Arabia" thread.

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This is even better than the "Shakira to be killed in Saudi Arabia" thread.

Excuse me, when this happened? :cryga:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived