đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?

MonsterofFame

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Should DWUW (Xtina duet or solo version) be added back to ARTPOP?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

bionic
6 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

How would R. Kelly profit from the solo version? It was written and recorded without his involvement. He came in and wrote a different verse that does not appear in the solo version. Can someone explain?

the song’s BMI/ASCAP record gives him a credit on all three versions of the song (plus a version ft. Usher, which I’ve never heard of before)

It may be the case that he didn’t write a word of the solo version, didn’t contribute to melodies etc, but once that credit is given its near impossible to take away

buy bionic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LandonM170
12 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But R Kelly had nothing to do with the solo song... So this isn't true.

6 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

How would R. Kelly profit from the solo version? It was written and recorded without his involvement. He came in and wrote a different verse that does not appear in the solo version. Can someone explain?

If you look on the Xtina version R. Kelly is still in the writing credits. I am pretty sure he helped on the chorus.

Healed My Heart
4 hours ago, bionic said:

All versions will still allow R Kelly to profit from songwriting credits, from what I'm told on here.

That said, I voted 'add back'.

Oooh I didn't realize :deadbanana: So sad, I'd love a solo version that didn't profit him.

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

RickMonster98

I mean, the Xtina version is still available so i dont see the reason why they shouldnt add that one:bear:

illySpencer
4 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

No. That sexual predator will still profit off of other versions. It sucks because it’s a great song, but she’s doing what is ethical. It’d be great though if she gave us an unreleased track to replace it. 

Was it ethical when she worked with Terry Richardson after his sexual harrasment stories ? I don't think so. 

For me she shouldn't have been delete DWUW at the first place, because the song still exist and because she is not a judge and deleted after all these years, well it's clearly a bad move.  

RainingOnMe
20 minutes ago, LandonM170 said:

If you look on the Xtina version R. Kelly is still in the writing credits. I am pretty sure he helped on the chorus.

I think that's an error.... the song was made before he was involved at all.

12 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

I think that's an error.... the song was made before he was involved at all.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't involved with the solo version or not he is still credited on the solo version and xtina one. 
Therefore he gets royalties from it. It is extremely difficult to remove someone off credits. I love the song but the only way I can possibly see it come back if she does a re record of it but Gaga might not want to anymore since his association with it.

It's a great song but I personally I don't think its worth the effort.

venuspop
43 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But R Kelly had nothing to do with the solo song... So this isn't true.

I think the thing is that DWUW is permanently tainted with him, so no matter what version comes out it won't be received well, even though I really love DWUW :bradley:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Kattys

Yes, solo version.

Channel "Lady Gaga - Topic" has these credits:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Do What U Want · Lady Gaga Do What U Want ℗ 2020 Interscope Records Released on: 2020-06-07 Producer: Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair Producer: Lady Gaga Composer Lyricist: Lady Gaga Composer Lyricist: Martin Bresso Composer Lyricist: William Grigahcine Composer Lyricist: Paul Blair Auto-generated by YouTube.

No mention of R.Kelly???

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Kattys said:

No mention of R.Kelly???

tenor.gif

That's a fake Topic channel, so obviously it isn't a very reliable source. The thing is that  I personally don't understand why he got royalties from the DWUW song, even at the solo version, because he's only added as a feature. DWUW originally was made a month BEFORE R.Kelly even touched the song. That's what it conerns me, because she could perfectly put the song as a solo version. :triggered:

MonsterARTPOP
1 hour ago, bionic said:

the song’s BMI/ASCAP record gives him a credit on all three versions of the song (plus a version ft. Usher, which I’ve never heard of before)

It may be the case that he didn’t write a word of the solo version, didn’t contribute to melodies etc, but once that credit is given its near impossible to take away

Ok and? The Xtina is still up on all streaming services so he's profiting anyway if it's uploaded as a single or back in the album. Same ****.

Togekiss
6 hours ago, bionic said:

All versions will still allow R Kelly to profit from songwriting credits, from what I'm told on here.

That said, I voted 'add back'.

I think she could only ever justify it by donating all proceeds from single sales to a charity for sexual assault survivors, which actually seems plausible... just saying!

bring on that pecan pie

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, illySpencer said:

Was it ethical when she worked with Terry Richardson after his sexual harrasment stories ? I don't think so. 

For me she shouldn't have been delete DWUW at the first place, because the song still exist and because she is not a judge and deleted after all these years, well it's clearly a bad move.  

Um, I didn’t say it was a good idea to work with Terry. Anyway, it’s her music, and she chose to delete it so he wouldn’t make more money off of it. 

And she would’ve been dragged even more had she not deleted it. Perhaps she’ll be more careful about who she works with in the future.

She/Her/Hers

Archived