💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

MARINA - Purge The Poison (feat. P𝚞ssy Riot)

ARTPOPe

Featured Posts

Battle 4 Ur Life

ok this is waaaaaaay better than L+F and that wasn’t even that bad to start with.

I LOVED the video and the fact she’s bringing rock back.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Why does everyone hate the lyrics? She has several songs like this. They’re meant to be this way. 

I love it. 

Sounds like a 16 yo with divorced parents who just got kicked out of school.

Y'all are just shook at hearing specificity in lyrics in a pop song. I think they're brilliant. 

Sneaky Oliver

I’m starting to doubt if I really really liked her back then or it was just the Froot era hype because her new releases are not doing it for me :bradley: 

And why this girl has no budget for videos? She needs a label!

I don’t think this kind of lyrics makes her sound as smart as she perhaps thinks she’s sounding. For me it kinda feels like she just learned about that and thought Oh gonna write a pop song about it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Nathaniel Arven

This song is needed. So many details invite us to challenge our patriar-COCApitalistic paradygm. And to celebrate it all away. 

Who cares the element of cliché and teenage angst (witch/bitch rhyme number 666) ? We really need to be understanding that fame, beauty and money were probably there to satisfy the desires of wealthy white men. We are still destroying planet Earth and most of us are reluctant to take actions. Most 'em big rich people. Still making wars while our soil is dying... Boys playing with their space rockets.

I also think that she challenges the listener like : was Britney crazy or are weren't we all obsessed with her and paparazzi things ? It's not comfortable to do those things and i applaud that song. 

Also : I am so here for a world that would for once be ruled by women who want peace and justice. 

Praying Venus and now Athena too. K

Love.

PinkJelly

I’ve only just listened and seen the video and I’m blown away. Giving me major ‘Family Jewels’ vibes with the sound and the long hair is such a throw back :flutter:

Galvon

I like it, but it has to grow on me I think. The song goes so fast I can't focus on the lyrics, also because the video is kinda distracting.

Agunimon

The melody sort of reminds me of Sex Yeah, particularly the lyrical melody in Sex Yeah where it says: been there done that got the t shirt. As well as the instrumental.

youandi

I know a lot of people have grown out of her style and stuff but I went over to the popjustice forum and wow :( already a lot of think pieces on how it's bad feminism and activism. 

The thing is, I really do think she'd responded well to 'criticism' (maybe she hasn't idk) in the sense that when she wrote about issues on To Be Human, fans complained saying it was all too broad and wandering without really trying to say something, at least this time she's being a lot more direct, yes the lyrics might be in your face and clunky but it seems really clear to me that she was going for a We Didn't Start The Fire vibe so I think that was probably the point anyway. 

I think people miss the mark a bit with their criticism of To Be Human and by extension, some other L+F tracks because of the lyrics 'trying to be woke but not saying anything', idk to me To Be Human is more about existentialism rather than 'look at the state of politics' it's about seeing that the world is scary and how it's hard to understand why it's like this and how to find your place within it. Whereas these two new songs, yeah they include a more than a coupe of topical discussions each, but they're less 'What does life mean' and more 'Erm excuse me, we need to make a change' even if the lyrics aren't to the point enough/metaphorical enough depending on your reason for not liking them 

By no means am I saying people are wrong for not liking them, I can definitely see why and I don't think they can't be criticised, these are just my thoughts on these criticisms 

ARTPOPe

Love the lyrics, hate them, whatever, have some memes...

8t4w6xjmcct61.jpg
375u3spysbt61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=408b88a9d8d4b94b3c1904518fedee370bd9f7e4
u5kuomxak6t61.jpg

Stream The Love Invention

Emigrante

Brillant song and really interesting music video, though I would love her to have more budget on her videos. Lyrics are in your face but it's your typical Marina, I don't get the hate really. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Nathaniel Arven
54 minutes ago, youandi said:

I think people miss the mark a bit with their criticism

this ^^' 

Galvon
3 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Brillant song and really interesting music video, though I would love her to have more budget on her videos. Lyrics are in your face but it's your typical Marina, I don't get the hate really. 

Yes her butget. I like the easthetic, but it's one of her cheaper looking video's.

• ARTPOPe changed the title to MARINA - Purge The Poison (feat. P𝚞ssy Riot)

Archived