Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Unreleased The Weeknd song sold for $490,000.00 at NFT auction

RockCandySweet

Featured Posts

RockCandySweet

“All along the original was derived.” A shard of mineralized memory, terabytes of unique cultural artifice encapsulated in ore. Offered at auction in an edition 1/1, featuring original unreleased music by The Weeknd and visual design by LA-based design team Strangeloop Studios.

https://niftygateway.com/itemdetail/primary/0xafae97dc068735bf4592d1b8a731080cc0015691/1

Imagine buying a song and visual design for $490,000.00 that literally everyone could download and not getting any exploitation rights. :smh:

shoful

Is the song good and available for everyone?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

RockCandySweet
10 minutes ago, shoful said:

Is the song good and available for everyone?

No :ohwell: Yes, you can watch the visual design and listen to the song on the auction’s website but you can’t purchase or download it legally I guess :oops:

ThisGuyTony

I never understood this craze. :rip: I could just screen record the whole song/image for free. :flop: 

weed

They need to do this but WITHOUT letting people hear or see it :air:

Ricardo
2 minutes ago, weed said:

They need to do this but WITHOUT letting people hear or see it :air:

That would be like someone buying an unseen Picasso and not let anyone see it or never exhibit it on a museum, how would it be valuable to the eyes of the world, that's the whole purpose of art, imagine being an artist and do an amazing work but never show it to the world, it'd be worthless, because it's us who gives the art value

About people being able to see it and screen capture it, it's pointless, you can also print the Mona Lisa and put in your living room, it's still not the original. People loan their art to museums for people to see it, they're still the owners and they can take it away and never show it to world ever again. 

BUT I also understand that it's difficult to give NFT a value since it's not something tangible

js4754394o9823
33 minutes ago, RockCandySweet said:

No :ohwell: Yes, you can watch the visual design and listen to the song on the auction’s website but you can’t purchase or download it legally I guess :oops:

Anyone can just click on it and save

It's not illegal

You just don't own it

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived